Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kur Kuath commits to Marquette  (Read 24947 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: Kur Kuath commits to Marquette
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2021, 12:45:31 AM »
This kid has a lot of athleticism and is a legit 6'10.  I expect him to be an excellent replacement for T. John.  Did you notice his bounce?  He gets off the floor quickly. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2021, 06:36:20 AM »
Theo who?, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2021, 06:42:24 AM »
He hits 3's like Theo.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2021, 06:54:30 AM »
He hits 3's like Theo.
but can he match Theo’s double-bi pose?

BigWilly77

• Walk-On
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2021, 06:59:18 AM »
Great discourse on the “squeamishness” lol. Didn’t mean to make it something bigger than it actually is. Shaka deserves the benefit of the doubt and I shouldn’t assume he is over-recruiting and pushing people out.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2021, 07:34:19 AM »
The 1465 people that have entered the portal are also finishing the semester. 

I'm not overly concerned about the scholarships, but I am surprised we haven't heard anything about anybody entering the portal.

Unless I missed something it could be Carton and Lewis.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2021, 07:50:35 AM »

What?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2021, 07:52:55 AM »
He was at Oklahoma

True, but he was at Salt Lake Community College for two years before he was at Oklahoma.

Happy to have him here. We needed another big.

Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2021, 07:54:41 AM »
Welcome Mr. Kuath! I foresee a lot of Dickey Simpkins yelling "SECURITY" in our future.

Until now, Shaka has stacked his roster with underclassmen. I love this add and I love that Shaka is relentlessly pursuing Moresell. Not because they will help us win next season (though that is a great bonus) but because it's clear that he is establishing the culture of his program right away. He signs up a bunch of young guys that fit the mold of the player he wants to recruit and are young enough that he can get them ingrained in his culture of defense right away. Now he's recruited a veteran big man known for his defensive prowess. The last piece is to get Moresell, the reigning Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year. Then he will have a guard and a forward that are defensive stalwarts. Guys that Shaka can point to and tell the youngings, "you wanna know how I want you to play defense, watch Darryl and Kur." They will help build the culture and bring us future success.

It's not the way I expected him to build his roster, but I dig it. Very excited about the Shaka era
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2021, 08:08:14 AM »

I think you definitely missed something.

At this point, I'd be really surprised if Dawson returned.  He has been away from the team (and Milwaukee in general) since the season ended - I get that he's "prepping for the combine", but I just have a feeling that there's more to it than that.  Someone on here posted that he ran into him on the beach in Florida just a week or so ago, so it's not as if he's in the training lab 24/7.  Couple that with his overall radio silence since Shaka's hiring and it just seems as if he's moving on.  He's the type of player that could enter the transfer portal very late and still find a good landing spot, if that's how it shakes out for him.

I also think that Greg isn't going to count as a scholarship next season for one of two reasons:  either he's granted a waiver for this to be this to be his covid year, or he's physically done playing basketball but remains as part of the team (a la Ike).  His arm in a sling in those recent videos is concerning. 

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2021, 08:41:31 AM »
Welcome Kur!

Looks like Shaka will be prepared if Garcia leaves.  Kur, Justin, O-Max, Oso, and Joplin can fill the 4&5. I still think Keeyan should redshirt so he can bulk up and polish his game.

Of course, there will be room for Garcia if he returns.  But we might not know that until July.  I'm glad Shaka already has his contingency plan in place.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2021, 08:59:00 AM »
I think you definitely missed something.

At this point, I'd be really surprised if Dawson returned.  He has been away from the team (and Milwaukee in general) since the season ended - I get that he's "prepping for the combine", but I just have a feeling that there's more to it than that.  Someone on here posted that he ran into him on the beach in Florida just a week or so ago, so it's not as if he's in the training lab 24/7.  Couple that with his overall radio silence since Shaka's hiring and it just seems as if he's moving on.  He's the type of player that could enter the transfer portal very late and still find a good landing spot, if that's how it shakes out for him.

I also think that Greg isn't going to count as a scholarship next season for one of two reasons:  either he's granted a waiver for this to be this to be his covid year, or he's physically done playing basketball but remains as part of the team (a la Ike).  His arm in a sling in those recent videos is concerning.

Yep. I think that he might have Marquette as a back up plan but he can find a new gig even late in the transfer "season". He's playing poker and keeping his cards close to his vest.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2021, 09:23:17 AM »

You missed something.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2021, 10:20:53 AM »
Welcome Mr. Kuath! I foresee a lot of Dickey Simpkins yelling "SECURITY" in our future.

Until now, Shaka has stacked his roster with underclassmen. I love this add and I love that Shaka is relentlessly pursuing Moresell. Not because they will help us win next season (though that is a great bonus) but because it's clear that he is establishing the culture of his program right away. He signs up a bunch of young guys that fit the mold of the player he wants to recruit and are young enough that he can get them ingrained in his culture of defense right away. Now he's recruited a veteran big man known for his defensive prowess. The last piece is to get Moresell, the reigning Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year. Then he will have a guard and a forward that are defensive stalwarts. Guys that Shaka can point to and tell the youngings, "you wanna know how I want you to play defense, watch Darryl and Kur." They will help build the culture and bring us future success.

It's not the way I expected him to build his roster, but I dig it. Very excited about the Shaka era
Relentlessly pursuing Morsell?
Sweet!
How do you know this?
With Haynes coming from Maryland, MU seems like the place for Daryl—even though Haynes didn’t recruit him there, he did coach him there (if I recall).

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2021, 04:14:08 PM »
Kur is a slight upgrade over Theo.  Just a guy, as Bob McGinn used to say, but better than what MU had.

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2021, 04:53:54 PM »
Kur is a slight upgrade over Theo.  Just a guy, as Bob McGinn used to say, but better than what MU had.

Steve, just because you couldn't recruit a guy like him in seven years doesn't mean you have to be bitter now.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2021, 05:01:31 PM »

How many games have you seen Kur play in the last few years??
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 06:53:34 PM by 79Warrior »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2021, 06:00:29 PM »
Great discourse on the “squeamishness” lol. Didn’t mean to make it something bigger than it actually is. Shaka deserves the benefit of the doubt and I shouldn’t assume he is over-recruiting and pushing people out.

This is where I am on all of this. Shaka totally deserves to be trusted as knowing more than all of us do on building his roster, totally deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Welcome Kur!

Looks like Shaka will be prepared if Garcia leaves.  Kur, Justin, O-Max, Oso, and Joplin can fill the 4&5. I still think Keeyan should redshirt so he can bulk up and polish his game.

Of course, there will be room for Garcia if he returns.  But we might not know that until July.  I'm glad Shaka already has his contingency plan in place.

I like this, too. Really hoping Garcia returns because he could be very good with a year of college under his belt, better players around him and a better coaching staff. But Shaka can't sit around and hope, and he hasn't. Very impressed with the sheer numbers. Obviously, we'll know more about how good each of these players are soon enough. A year ago, I had no idea that Lewis was going to be as good as he was.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2021, 06:33:14 PM »
Come on ...

As posted above, Kur is just a body.
He may be a very small upgrade over
Theo.  If Wojo had got him as a transfer the reaction would be “ meh “ fine ...
Could help a bit ...

He’s not a star.  Not a stud.  Just a guy
Some of u are going waaaaay too far acting like every guy Shaka brings in is an all American ..

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2021, 06:46:56 PM »
Come on ...

Could help a bit ...

Some of u are going waaaaay too far acting like every guy Shaka brings in is an all American ..

Please get off this board. Go back to the Badger board.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2021, 06:55:51 PM »
Come on ...

Could help a bit ...

.................???

MU82

• All American
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2021, 07:00:37 PM »
Come on ...

Could help a bit ...

Please show a post in which any Scooper said Kur was a "star" or a "stud." Thanks.

Also, please show a post in which any Scooper said he or she expected any player Shaka brought in to be an All-American (let alone every player). Thanks.

Some of u are going waaaaay too far ripping everything Shaka does because you're whiny and negative.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2021, 09:23:44 AM »
Come on ...

Could help a bit ...

This is a good question actually.

Are they willing to expand the All American list this year to account for all of the talent that Shaka brought in? I can't imagine leaving any single one of them off of the AA list, and if you argue against me you're a Badger fan.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2021, 09:46:18 AM »
Come on ...

Could help a bit ...

Jayce Johnson?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2021, 09:49:03 AM »
How many games have you seen Kur play in the last few years??

I feel another valid question for a lot of the NoJo's and people who are critical of last year's players would be how many games have they seen the 20-21 players play in this past year??

I feel a lot of people critical of Theo hadn't actually seen him play much this past year.  Not that he is without his flaws... but to hear some people describe it is a whole different level.

feedback