'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Let's hope Dick Strong will buy out Wojo's contract soon....  (Read 33181 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Let's hope Dick Strong will buy out Wojo's contract soon....
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2014, 01:51:14 PM »
One of the best analyses I've read so far.  Juan Andersen bringing up the ball was agonizing.  He had difficulties with the press.  Not to mention, the press wasn't that ferocious either.  Teams are going to watch this tape and play pressure on MU until a solution is found.  This means Derrick Wilson will be controlling the ball, which limits the offense. 

Team played untethered when it came to fundamentals.  This may have been one of the worst performances in terms of fundamentals in a long time.  We shot ourselves in the foot with poor plays.  The missed dunk and Steve Taylor's dribble off the knee were a disgrace.  No excuses there.  That's on the coach.  There definitely seemed to be a lack of discipline, especially on defense.  How do you let a team shoot 65% with an effective FG% of 75%?  Serious Red Flag.  You won't win any games giving that up.   

People seem to be ok that it was closer than expected.  The thing that isn't realized is that Ohio St. is overrated and was a good matchup for Marquette.  Ohio St. made a lot of mistakes that were self inflicted.  They're going to have a tough time in the Big Ten where big men are aplenty. 

Obvious troll is trolling. If youre gonna criticize Juan Anderson, at least spell his name right. There are some real gems in this but blaming Wojo and the coaching for Steve dribbling it off of his knee is my favorite. Dumbest thing ive ever heard.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2014, 03:31:31 PM »
Obvious troll is trolling. If youre gonna criticize Juan Anderson, at least spell his name right. There are some real gems in this but blaming Wojo and the coaching for Steve dribbling it off of his knee is my favorite. Dumbest thing ive ever heard.

What, you don't think firing Wojo two games in is dumb?

brandx

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2014, 03:37:39 PM »
One of the best analyses I've read so far.  Juan Andersen bringing up the ball was agonizing.  He had difficulties with the press.  Not to mention, the press wasn't that ferocious either.  Teams are going to watch this tape and play pressure on MU until a solution is found.  This means Derrick Wilson will be controlling the ball, which limits the offense. 

Team played untethered when it came to fundamentals.  This may have been one of the worst performances in terms of fundamentals in a long time.  We shot ourselves in the foot with poor plays.  The missed dunk and Steve Taylor's dribble off the knee were a disgrace.  No excuses there.  That's on the coach.  There definitely seemed to be a lack of discipline, especially on defense.  How do you let a team shoot 65% with an effective FG% of 75%?  Serious Red Flag.  You won't win any games giving that up.   

People seem to be ok that it was closer than expected.  The thing that isn't realized is that Ohio St. is overrated and was a good matchup for Marquette.  Ohio St. made a lot of mistakes that were self inflicted.  They're going to have a tough time in the Big Ten where big men are aplenty. 

One of the most clueless analyses I have ever seen.

BTW, I stumbled walking down some steps yesterday. After thinking about it, I definitely feel it is my parents fault for the way they raised me.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2014, 03:40:39 PM »

Guy joins the board at 2AM last night and every post is a critical, negative post that doesn't take into account any variables that deal with small sample size. Red flags everywhere. He very well could be an MU alum and has read the board for 5 years before joining. Maybe. I dunno.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2014, 04:09:06 PM »
What, you don't think firing Wojo two games in is dumb?

I thought everyone knows you gotta allow at least 5 games

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2014, 05:04:55 PM »
Classic Badger posing as a Warrior post.
SS Marquette

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2014, 05:13:06 PM »
One of the most clueless analyses I have ever seen.

BTW, I stumbled walking down some steps yesterday. After thinking about it, I definitely feel it is my parents fault for the way they raised me.

That's what they get for giving you gum to chew the very first time you tried to walk!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2014, 05:14:31 PM »
wow!  i can imagine this duane-guy complaining emily ratajkowski couldn't dance in blurred lines video ?-(
don't...don't don't don't don't

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2014, 05:38:03 PM »
The chronic negative talk on this board is really getting old. Of course half the board never expected this because they are negative about everything...now we are doing well and they are somewhat happy and very surprised yet are still claiming the sky will be falling very soon.

I for one know we'll probably have some losses but love Buzz Williams and love what he has done this far and think great days are ahead of us for both this year and after.

My glass is half full and I'm not conceding any losses until they happen! 

So I'm guessing somewhere along the line he stopped being a glass half full realist
Maigh Eo for Sam

brandx

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2014, 06:01:05 PM »
That's what they get for giving you gum to chew the very first time you tried to walk!

They were ahead of their time though when it came to teaching me to rub my stomach and pat my head at the same time.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2014, 06:08:46 PM »
I do not know for sure, but I think this year's Ohio St. team is better than last year's Ohio St. team. Given that and the fact it was the first road game, we did a lot better than last year. There are things we need to work on, but we have to remember we have very little returning experience. Learn to be patient as our players learn how to play.

mcderjim

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2014, 06:09:20 PM »
If duanewade was our coach, we could probably blow Kentucky out of the gym. First, he would change the school colors to red and white. Obvious cocky Badger from an over rated Big 10-14  conference. I clearly remember the days when Bucky was worse in every sport than even Northwestern. Go away ! MU will be back next year. Lots of learning and growing to do this year but led by an awesome coach who will take us to the next level....and love Milwaukee and what MU stands for along the way. While the VT cowboy enjoys the remaining three years of his basketball career that will end in a significant number of losses and/or disgrace from out of control recruiting violations.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2014, 06:19:09 PM »
If duanewade was our coach, we could probably blow Kentucky out of the gym. First, he would change the school colors to red and white. Obvious cocky Badger from an over rated Big 10-14  conference. I clearly remember the days when Bucky was worse in every sport than even Northwestern. Go away ! MU will be back next year. Lots of learning and growing to do this year but led by an awesome coach who will take us to the next level....and love Milwaukee and what MU stands for along the way. While the VT cowboy enjoys the remaining three years of his basketball career that will end in a significant number of losses and/or disgrace from out of control recruiting violations.

Previous posts indicate he isn't a badger troll either was extra upset at the loss, has a personal hatred at Wojo or just became old and crochety over the years
Maigh Eo for Sam

Ellisium

• Starter
  • The Dark One Shall Rise Again
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2014, 07:28:04 PM »

This, coming from the guy who has a Jay Cutler picture.  I never blamed the coaching staff for him dribbling it off his knee.  My point is that he should have passed the ball before making a stupid decision to drive to the hoop.  A pass first mentality comes from the coach.  Taylor doesn't get it yet.  He's looking for highlight reel moments.  There isn't a team mentality here...... yet.  And that is blamed on the coaches until that culture is changed. 

brandx

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2014, 07:49:49 PM »
This, coming from the guy who has a Jay Cutler picture.  I never blamed the coaching staff for him dribbling it off his knee.  My point is that he should have passed the ball before making a stupid decision to drive to the hoop.  A pass first mentality comes from the coach.  Taylor doesn't get it yet.  He's looking for highlight reel moments.  There isn't a team mentality here...... yet.  And that is blamed on the coaches until that culture is changed. 

Or, maybe he did what every player does on a breakaway - go right to the basket.

Ellisium

• Starter
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2014, 07:52:57 PM »
Or, maybe he did what every player does on a breakaway - go right to the basket.

That's not smart basketball.  He can't handle the ball and had a guard wide open for an easy deuce.  That's not fundamental basketball.  And why do you use the excuse..... "that's what every player does?"  Total lemming response.  Something is ok, because every one else does it.  *sigh*  I feel like I'm talking to Todd Mayo here. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2014, 08:00:50 PM »

cmon brandx, why would someone ever want to drive to the basket for an uncontested layup?

In all seriousness though the ignore function has been great the past day.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2014, 08:02:03 PM »
This, coming from the guy who has a Jay Cutler picture. 

Funny thing is that was put up in complete seriousness.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2014, 08:06:15 PM »
Glad Cutler got his helmet back on.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2014, 08:07:55 PM »
That's not smart basketball.  He can't handle the ball and had a guard wide open for an easy deuce.  That's not fundamental basketball.  And why do you use the excuse..... "that's what every player does?"  Total lemming response.  Something is ok, because every one else does it.  *sigh*  I feel like I'm talking to Todd Mayo here. 

Obvious troll is obvious.

Ellisium

• Starter
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2014, 08:08:16 PM »
cmon brandx, why would someone ever want to drive to the basket for an uncontested layup?

In all seriousness though the ignore function has been great the past day.

The layup wasn't uncontested.  There was a defender waiting under the hoop.  You must not know much about basketball.  It's taught at about middle school level that the big men aren't supposed to handle the ball, dribbling from half court to the hoop.  Why?  Because stupid things like it bouncing off your leg are prone to happen.  Always pass it to the guard.  Fundamentals.  I can tell you've never played anything higher than intramurals.  

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2014, 08:13:09 PM »
The layup wasn't uncontested.  There was a defender waiting under the hoop.  You must not know much about basketball.  It's taught at about middle school level that the big men aren't supposed to handle the ball, dribbling from half court to the hoop.  Why?  Because stupid things like it bouncing off your leg are prone to happen.  Always pass it to the guard.  Fundamentals.  I can tell you've never played anything higher than intramurals.  

Ha.

Ellisium

• Starter
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2014, 08:14:15 PM »
Ha.

It's alright.  We're accustomed to you throwing pick 6's Jay.  Defense scores again. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2014, 08:16:04 PM »

As Sgt. Hulka would say before putting his big toe up your arse:

LIGHTEN UP, FRANCIS!!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2014, 08:27:01 PM »

Ah, the grassy knoll defender.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.