Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Philip Nolan-UConn  (Read 12668 times)

Mobot

• Team Captain
Re: Philip Nolan-UConn
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2014, 05:26:00 PM »
Durley ended up at TCU and tore the ACL in his right knee... twice.  Poor kid will be going on his third season and hasn't played a minute of college basketball yet.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2014, 06:30:08 PM »
Scoop Language Alert

Criticize Willie in any way = Buzz Apologist/Slurper.

See Willie never ever ever makes idiotic or inconsistent statements.  No all us mouth-breathers are slurping Buzz and incorrectly THINK Willie is wrong. 

Buzz should have known the 118th best player two years ago, that went to five high schools in 4 years was going to be the starting center on the national championship team.  That was an easy call and Buzz should be blasted for passing on such an obvious talent.

We just need to get out lips off Buzz's arse and will "get it"  Right Willie? 
Yeah I get it Heisenhamburger. You are saying all the things your boy Buzz says, sort of like Buzzspeak, but we can now call it Heisenspeak. I did not say any of what you are sarcastically saying in your defense of Buzz. Speak anything contrary to what Heisenberger believes=Heisenberger misquotes and incorrect interpretations.

Only Heisy's opinion counts. I get it.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2014, 06:31:52 PM »
I fart sunshine and puke rainbows, and I eat Buzz Brownies all day, says the down home lonesome cowboy enthusiast.

So Willie, you would take a recruit who had so many academic and personal issues that he need to transfer 5 times in order to graduate high school?

Cause I said I wouldn't....and then you made fun of me for saying it....so I am assuming that you would take him. Please let me know if I am misinterpreting.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2014, 07:55:22 PM »
So Willie, you would take a recruit who had so many academic and personal issues that he need to transfer 5 times in order to graduate high school?

Cause I said I wouldn't....and then you made fun of me for saying it....so I am assuming that you would take him. Please let me know if I am misinterpreting.
I would have taken him over Durley, which is contrary to what Buzz did. Buzz took other risks: Roseboro, Mbao, McMorrow, Clark.

Wasn't making fun of you for saying that you would not. Both would have been projects, Nolan less of one.
No I would not take Nolan either. But I would not have left him sitting on his ass for 90 minutes like Buzz did.

Just quit defending El douche, and you will be fine.

If I was making fun, it was over your tag line, which is funny.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2014, 09:51:06 PM »
Am I missing something?  His career numbers are abysmal and his performance last night wasn't any better.  Just because UConn won the title doesn't mean all their players are future NBA All-Stars and all the chicks at their school are smoking hot.

I could not believe how soft he was last night. Every time he had the ball inside, he was too methodical and weak and he promptly ate every shot he took. It happened over and over again.

Both Kerr and Anthony talked a couple times about how weak he was.

He was a high school vagabond, a non-top-100 recruit and now he needs to improve just to be a mediocre college player.

Yes, he started on a national championship team. So did Bill Neary.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2014, 10:47:10 PM »
Durley ended up at TCU and tore the ACL in his right knee... twice.  Poor kid will be going on his third season and hasn't played a minute of college basketball yet.

Otule plan.  patience young Eford.

Mobot

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2014, 11:51:54 PM »
Not so much, he is hanging up his sneakers.  There will be no third season for Durley.  That knee is shot.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2014, 07:07:44 AM »
Willie mentioned McMorrow.  Does it seem there is there more to the story now besides "health problems"? 

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2014, 07:20:15 AM »
I could not believe how soft he was last night. Every time he had the ball inside, he was too methodical and weak and he promptly ate every shot he took. It happened over and over again.

Both Kerr and Anthony talked a couple times about how weak he was.

He was a high school vagabond, a non-top-100 recruit and now he needs to improve just to be a mediocre college player.

Yes, he started on a national championship team. So did Bill Neary.
Speaking of HS vagabonds, was not Todd Mayo quite the HS vagabond? Believe he was.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2014, 09:23:13 AM »
Yeah I get it Heisenhamburger. You are saying all the things your boy Buzz says, sort of like Buzzspeak, but we can now call it Heisenspeak. I did not say any of what you are sarcastically saying in your defense of Buzz. Speak anything contrary to what Heisenberger believes=Heisenberger misquotes and incorrect interpretations.

Only Heisy's opinion counts. I get it.

For someone that complains that everyone calls him names, you sure do do that a lot.

Again, where is your post from the recruiting period saying this is a guy we needed to get?  A guy who's numbers are not very good so far is his college career to boot.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

connie

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2014, 09:51:25 AM »
Willie needs to get ahead of the curve and start calling out the Wojo slurpers now. 
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

MU82

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2014, 09:57:08 AM »
Willie needs to get ahead of the curve and start calling out the Wojo slurpers now. 

I'm thinking about un-ignoring him just for the comedic value.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2014, 10:22:36 AM »
I'm thinking about un-ignoring him just for the comedic value.

Slamming your johnson in a car door would be less painful, and you'd learn more too
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2014, 11:45:04 AM »
Slamming your johnson in a car door would be less painful, and you'd learn more too

Point taken!

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2014, 08:49:08 AM »
never said I had a 2011 post, and I do not remember if I did. You can research it though.

Can't remember what you do, and are not willing to do research.  Suddenly, your posts make sense.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2014, 09:14:00 AM »
Spoken like a  man with experience.