[May 19, 2024, 06:23:47 PM]

[Cracked Sidewalks] Schedule Talk with Mike Broeker by Shooter McGavin
[May 19, 2024, 01:06:18 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by warriorchick
[May 18, 2024, 07:14:15 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by WhiteTrash
[May 18, 2024, 01:04:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2024 Coaching Carousel  (Read 142895 times)

PJDunn

• All American
Re: 2024 Coaching Carousel
« Reply #1675 on: April 13, 2024, 10:28:55 AM »
Dentists and meat eaters, the bane of Marquette basketball. Drew would have been crazy to leave Baylor for KY. He has proven he can win in Waco and community loves him. Same reason Mark Few never left the ‘kane.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #1676 on: April 13, 2024, 11:08:51 AM »
Dentists and meat eaters, the bane of Marquette basketball. Drew would have been crazy to leave Baylor for KY. He has proven he can win in Waco and community loves him. Same reason Mark Few never left the ‘kane.
Agreed...coaches aren't moving like they used to.  I don't blame Drew...but KY has to be a little tempting...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1677 on: April 13, 2024, 11:16:46 AM »
...but KY has to be a little tempting...
Depends what you want it for.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1678 on: April 13, 2024, 11:26:41 AM »
once again, i never announced "donedeal" but you guys are always quick to dance on others apparent miscalculations.  i stand by my prognostications as i know my sources here are ironclad i merely said scott was going to be offered.  NEVER said he was going to take it as no one yet knew for sure.  i can tell you this however-it was a group decision.  if it were up to one person...

some of you out there-true character revealed-sad

Here is a tip on revealing insider info, sign up for a new account as "Jimmy John's Cashier" and the Scoop Inteligencia will believe everything.  Go by a standing screen name, and the doubters come out. It is the reason many inside posters stopped sharing on Scoop or (as in the Women's Coaching info) create new overnight screen names.

For the rest of those who share, try Scoop Obfuscation.  On the thread recently on who returns next year, specifically Tyler, I had info, now confirmed by three better sources, that MU offered Tyler a very competitive NIL offer to return.  And as of early this week, it was thought he'd might take it or at least declare to return.  Tyler and his parents (rightly) decided  otherwise. 

However, by answering "maybe" in that thread, the Scoop Keyboard Karen's jumped in.  It is what it is.  Posting direct or indirect info doesn't pay.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1679 on: April 13, 2024, 12:35:45 PM »
Posting direct or indirect info doesn't pay.

Is it really info if it's wrong? :)

Also, don't expect your next direct deposit.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #1680 on: April 13, 2024, 12:58:48 PM »
Here is a tip on revealing insider info, sign up for a new account as "Jimmy John's Cashier" and the Scoop Inteligencia will believe everything.  Go by a standing screen name, and the doubters come out. It is the reason many inside posters stopped sharing on Scoop or (as in the Women's Coaching info) create new overnight screen names.

For the rest of those who share, try Scoop Obfuscation.  On the thread recently on who returns next year, specifically Tyler, I had info, now confirmed by three better sources, that MU offered Tyler a very competitive NIL offer to return.  And as of early this week, it was thought he'd might take it or at least declare to return.  Tyler and his parents (rightly) decided  otherwise. 

However, by answering "maybe" in that thread, the Scoop Keyboard Karen's jumped in.  It is what it is.  Posting direct or indirect info doesn't pay.
Keyboard Karen's. I like it. And there are a goodly number here including the notorious Reeker and Satan. Both love counting their posts because they believe themselves Scoop Savants
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1681 on: April 13, 2024, 01:19:27 PM »
it needs to be explained? You’ll belittle someone and aren’t aware of it? Seems odd.

Did I ask a question?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #1682 on: April 13, 2024, 01:21:25 PM »
Keyboard Karen's.

lol…

You don't have a clue about that.
And you are wrong as usual. I just proved your BS statement wrong and now you digress to denigrating when you do not know me. Guess you go to the ignore button.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1683 on: April 13, 2024, 02:15:04 PM »
Is it really info if it's wrong? :)

Also, don't expect your next direct deposit.

Or maybe it's right in the moment like in this case?  I have no clue in this instance as to the poster but there were plenty of other sources around the rumors in the socials on this topic. Rocket seemed to have some specific info to add that Scoopers went off on. I guess even you?  Why not delete it then?

I mean folks here think Trilly is so great with his intel when in fact his sources are penny stock "pump and dump" agents.  Thus, his track record of being right is marginal at best.

Point is, Scoop has a habit and history of running off sources.  The reality is, posters here know bits and pieces. The forum discussion should be around connecting these versus tearing down. My favorite example is I have had the Scoop debunkers question info I posted here that just literally came out of Broeker's mouth. Scoop is a funny place.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1684 on: April 13, 2024, 02:26:14 PM »
Or maybe it's right in the moment like in this case?  I have no clue in this instance as to the poster but there were plenty of other sources around the rumors in the socials on this topic. Rocket seemed to have some specific info to add that Scoopers went off on. I guess even you?  Why not delete it then?

I mean folks here think Trilly is so great with his intel when in fact his sources are penny stock "pump and dump" agents.  Thus, his track record of being right is marginal at best.

Point is, Scoop has a habit and history of running off sources.  The reality is, posters here know bits and pieces. The forum discussion should be around connecting these versus tearing down. My favorite example is I have had the Scoop debunkers question info I posted here that just literally came out of Broeker's mouth. Scoop is a funny place.

Herm runs off sources.  We’re just mocking the dentists for spreading fake news
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1685 on: April 13, 2024, 02:32:09 PM »
Scoopers went off on. I guess even you?  Why not delete it then?

You know I don't delete much of anything, that's a ridiculous solution.  I also, don't think I've commented much on anybody's "info", good or bad.  However, I did follow rockets posts chronologically in this thread, I did find them pretty amusing, if you're asking.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1686 on: April 13, 2024, 03:07:13 PM »
You know I don't delete much of anything, that's a ridiculous solution.  I also, don't think I've commented much on anybody's "info", good or bad.  However, I did follow rockets posts chronologically in this thread, I did find them pretty amusing, if you're asking.

I decided to do a similar chronological read.  My conclusion: I don’t know that I love anyone outside my family and friends circle as much as Rocket loves Scott Drew. 

« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 03:09:31 PM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1687 on: April 13, 2024, 03:44:09 PM »
Y’all are totally ruining this thread about transgender athletes.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1688 on: April 13, 2024, 05:51:01 PM »

From someone who has Rocket (and a slew of others) on political ignore: Less skiing, more moderating.

I am sure you'll do the opposite. But, the political stuff on the basketball threads is unbearable. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1689 on: April 13, 2024, 05:59:38 PM »

now you tell me?!?  LOL

great info-thanks doc!  this belongs in the "welcome handout" to all new scoopers before the enter at their own peril

hint-when the mod cheers on to what the rest of the gumps here espouse, time to go home

don't...don't don't don't don't

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1690 on: April 13, 2024, 06:02:33 PM »
From someone who has Rocket (and a slew of others) on political ignore: Less skiing, more moderating.

I am sure you'll do the opposite. But, the political stuff on the basketball threads is unbearable.
Common sense dictates that backing down on such an important and relevant platform as the MUScoop Men's College Basketball 2024 Coaching Carousel  thread is a slippery slope. There is no more significant battle ground for these issues to fought over.  ::)

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #1691 on: April 13, 2024, 06:06:21 PM »
    now you tell me?!?  LOL

great info-thanks doc!  this belongs in the "welcome handout" to all new scoopers before the enter at their own peril

hint-when the mod cheers on to what the rest of the gumps here espouse, time to go home

You cry a lot.  Dish it but can't take it...

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #1692 on: April 13, 2024, 06:16:53 PM »

Well said Doc.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1693 on: April 13, 2024, 06:46:24 PM »
Common sense dictates that backing down on such an important and relevant platform as the MUScoop Men's College Basketball 2024 Coaching Carousel  thread is a slippery slope. There is no more significant battle ground for these issues to fought over.  ::)

Interesting you pick on my comment to call me out in this cesspool stew of Board Violations.  Political, personal, off topic.  With that, I'm out! 

Good luck Scoop

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1694 on: April 13, 2024, 06:57:48 PM »
Interesting you pick on my comment to call me out in this cesspool stew of Board Violations.  Political, personal, off topic.  With that, I'm out! 

Good luck Scoop
Actually, had your back. I didn't make it clear. Should have used teal. This was my third appeal to get back to the topic at hand as the coaching changes are significant to college hoops.

Some of the topics are valid........ for another venue.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1695 on: April 13, 2024, 07:31:40 PM »
    now you tell me?!?  LOL

How many times have you said that, but stayed here posting?  If you really feel as victimized as you claim you do, just do what you keep saying you'll do.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

• All American
« Reply #1696 on: April 13, 2024, 08:39:30 PM »

Good luck Scoop

It's so funny when people feel the need to announce they are leaving this place...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1697 on: April 13, 2024, 08:54:53 PM »
Three of the historic blue bloods  have hired coaches in the last few years.
Mick Cronin.
Mike Woodson.
Mark Pope.

Villanova?   Ohio State?

MU was very fortunate.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1698 on: April 13, 2024, 09:14:37 PM »

Good luck Scoop

Doc

I understand your frustration but as someone who values both your information and your opinions I sincerely hope you change your mind. Scoop would be very much diminished without your postings.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #1699 on: April 13, 2024, 10:14:03 PM »
Doc

I understand your frustration but as someone who values both your information and your opinions I sincerely hope you change your mind. Scoop would be very much diminished without your postings.

I agree with this analysis.