'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Koby doing the mamba mentality  (Read 13835 times)

tower912

• All American
Koby doing the mamba mentality
« on: January 29, 2020, 10:25:56 PM »

1.  Koby wanted to be the man.   He has been the man before elsewhere.   He was clutch against Butler, but it got lost because of the loss.   Clutch tonight. 
2.  It took a while for Sacar to realize it was up to him.   But he finally embraced it in overtime. 
3.  Xavier going to a big line up, searching for mismatches, and crashing the boards.  They sought contact all night.   
4.  I sincerely hope there is no argument as to whether Markus got hit in the face this time.   
5.  Throwing the ball to Theo in the post was not a good offensive play tonight.   Should Jayce have played more?
6.  Greg, you are missed.   And needed.  To give the guys a breather if nothing else.
7.  Cain and Bailey playing together plenty, but neither one a factor tonight.   
8.  Symir getting run, didn't hurt himself, other than one shot, didn't really make much happen.  I think he was supposed to foul up 3 at the end of regulation.     Wojo won't throw him under the bus.
9.  Goodin went full Jean Felix.   Insane.   2-28 from 3 coming into tonight.   
10.  I sense another calm, reasoned discussion about fouling up 3.   Tried to at the end of second OT and it wasn't called.     
11.   Ball don't lie on that flagrant call on Anim.   
12.  MU played solid defense all night.   X lived on the offensive boards. 
13.  Free throws matta'd.    Symir, Jamal, awesome. 
14.  Apparently, this team has heart.    And the question has now been answered as to who else will step up.   
15.  If anybody says "It was only Xavier", they are a complete moron.      Grab the conference road win and run like hell.   

Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GoldenZebra

• All American
Re: Koby doing the mamba mentality
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 10:27:20 PM »
Great W. Still salty about the blatant elbow to Markus's face. Announcers were thrilled to state that calls were "shaky" against X but that no-call vs Markus was big. Clocked him clean in the face.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 10:28:10 PM »
Theo played a great defensive game without a lot of fouling. Weak hands at time, but he was tough down low defensively

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 10:28:22 PM »
Wow what a finish

Team played well together  after Markus was hurt.

Great interview with Sacar after the game.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 10:29:00 PM »
I'll give it to Koby. Don't pull that out without him. Sacar obviously as well.

Im on Koby all the time when hes awful, but he deserves praise there.

Wojo still needs to know when hes got it and when he doesnt.

Need Markus back ASAP.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 10:29:39 PM »
Love Markus and this team...but damn these guys would have been pretty good with the Hauser brothers lol

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 10:29:41 PM »
Great W. Still salty about the blatant elbow to Markus's face. Announcers were thrilled to state that calls were "shaky" against X but that no-call vs Markus was big. Clocked him clean in the face.
How can Sacar’s foul be a flagrant and not the one on Markus? Neither were intentional.  Markus’ was clearly more forceful

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2020, 10:30:32 PM »
Koby went full Kobe. Incredible.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2020, 10:32:44 PM »

4.  I sincerely hope there is no argument as to whether Markus got hit in the face got hit in the face this time.   

Well there shouldn't be an argument in either since he wasn't hit in the butler game.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2020, 10:33:08 PM »
Refs are refs, almost every game complaints.  Each team had some bad ones.

X was 11 for 25 at free throw line.  Ballgame. 

Good win for players, the looks on their faces at end of regulation was one of despair. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2020, 10:33:39 PM »

1.  Koby wanted to be the man.   He has been the man before elsewhere.   He was clutch against Butler, but it got lost because of the loss.   Clutch tonight. 
2.  It took a while for Sacar to realize it was up to him.   But he finally embraced it in overtime. 
3.  Xavier going to a big line up, searching for mismatches, and crashing the boards.  They sought contact all night.   
4.  I sincerely hope there is no argument as to whether Markus got hit in the face this time.   
5.  Throwing the ball to Theo in the post was not a good offensive play tonight.   Should Jayce have played more?
6.  Greg, you are missed.   And needed.  To give the guys a breather if nothing else.
8.  Symir getting run, didn't hurt himself, other than one shot, didn't really make much happen.  I think he was supposed to foul up 3 at the end of regulation.     Wojo won't throw him under the bus.
10.  I sense another calm, reasoned discussion about fouling up 3.   Tried to at the end of second OT and it wasn't called.     
14.  Apparently, this team has heart.    And the question has now been answered as to who else will step up.   
15.  If anybody says "It was only Xavier", they are a complete moron.      Grab the conference road win and run like hell.

Why is symir playing off ball? Before Bailey went out

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2020, 10:34:49 PM »
That technical on Sacar was so bad.

What a grind it out win.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2020, 10:34:56 PM »
Gutty win. That one was a roller coaster ride. Hope Markus is OK.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2020, 10:35:08 PM »

Can we hypnotize Koby that the entire game is the last 2 min?

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2020, 10:35:19 PM »
How can Sacar’s foul be a flagrant and not the one on Markus? Neither were intentional.  Markus’ was clearly more forceful

I'm guessing it's because Sacar reached in a little which led to the contact. On Markus'   shot to the face, the X guy was basically stationary and in position for the rebound. I think they should both be no calls, and the fact that Sacars was called a flagrant was awful, though.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2020, 10:35:38 PM »
Well there shouldn't be an argument in either since he wasn't hit in the butler game.

I will pick that hill to die on.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2020, 10:36:24 PM »
My wife has determined Kobe is amazing as last minute Kobe.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2020, 10:36:58 PM »
I'm guessing it's because Sacar reached in a little which led to the contact. On Markus'   shot to the face, the X guy was basically stationary and in position for the rebound. I think they should both be no calls, and the fact that Sacars was called a flagrant was awful, though.

Looked like the ball made as much contact with scruggs' face. Got to see a great show dousing his terribly injured eye with water.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2020, 10:37:07 PM »
Not the most memorable play, but heck of a job by Koby to stick with that cutter at the end of the game.  Not sure if he would have had time to catch that pass and lay it in, but it would have been really easy to watch ball or lunge assuming the ballhandler was going to shoot.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2020, 10:38:35 PM »

Haha I won't know for sure unless I watch it on DVR vs. youtube

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2020, 10:39:55 PM »
Anne Zizzo loves conference road wins, because...THEY. ARE. GOLD.

Short bench, no All American, tough venue.  Take it and run.  Great win.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2020, 10:42:45 PM »
Great win by the team.  I hope Markus is ok.  Hard hit to the face. 
In my humble opinion, team plays best when all five players are active on offense. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 08:16:48 AM by NCMUFan »

Norm

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2020, 10:44:02 PM »

Cain was a factor - grabbed some huge rebounds (led team with 8) and had the two big free throws in OT.

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2020, 10:44:31 PM »
Jamal with 9 rebounds and 2 clutch FT's at the end after not even putting up a shot all game.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2020, 10:45:23 PM »
I will pick that hill to die on.   

Have you seen my post on it?

feedback