[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129192 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #2800 on: March 30, 2020, 09:09:11 PM »
This is significant.

@StarTribune: The University of Minnesota and Mayo Clinic are close to unveiling antibody tests that can determine if people have already been infected by the coronavirus that caused COVID-19 and are no longer threats to get or spread the infection. http://strib.mn/3bAks3J

Nice job Mayo.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2801 on: March 30, 2020, 09:17:17 PM »
Jockey (the company, not the poster) is making PPE for the corona-fight.  Kenosha based.

https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/local/jockey-donating-ppe-nationally-locally-in-fight-against-coronavirus-announcement/article_52eb3255-f1f3-558c-9c53-389f5de4a28e.html

Hot damn!  A big dittos out to jockey(under britches that is) I think I’m going to have to start wearin undies again and get straight to the jockey store
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2802 on: March 30, 2020, 09:32:29 PM »
btw, chloroquine and hydroxychlorquine with zithromycin(zpack) is working!!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2803 on: March 30, 2020, 09:37:23 PM »
This is direct from White House.gov's transcript:

---------------------------------------

What is Seoul's population?  It's 9.7 million.  The metro area is 25 million.  But for absolutely no reason at all he feels the need to tell the American people that he knows South Korea better than anyone.  How does this help?  And then he's wrong.  And that doesn't even matter because of our last 7-8 Presidents, I would guess only Obama and maybe GHWB would know that population.  But why introduce it into the talk.  It serves no good.  In a crisis he's bragging about his South Korea knowledge.  We have never seen this.   I am a life long GOPer and I just face palm every time he talks.  It's unreal.
There was a video a while back of all the times Trump has said "I know more about XX than anyone". something like 23 different topics. Lying about your expertise is another of 4ever's examples of "outstanding leadership".

You know, there are lots and lots of people who have spent their wholes lives studying infectious diseases. Why don't we let them share their expertise and information at this time?

Ah, here it is: he knows more than everyone else about every single subject.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR3f95BGIiA
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 09:46:11 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2804 on: March 30, 2020, 09:39:45 PM »

Can you provide a link to a double blind study with controls?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2805 on: March 30, 2020, 09:47:02 PM »
http: seaninnanity.com
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2806 on: March 30, 2020, 09:51:30 PM »

Nope

The studies are in numerous real life recoveries of real lives, but maybe if you’d ask the same of those people who’s loved ones are here to talk about their experiences today, they might be able to help ya out

If you have access to wsj, they have a nice write up

https://www.wsj.com/articles/these-drugs-are-helping-our-coronavirus-patients-11584899438

A few drug companies are pledging 10’s of millions of doses to hospitals nationwide

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #2807 on: March 30, 2020, 09:52:30 PM »

It’s working for some critically ill patients. For others it is not and they are dying. In dentistry school do they teach you the difference between anecdotal evidence and double blinded studies? If not, stay in your lane. And to respond to your previous response to me... I am a conservative. I voted for this idiot and every other GOP president before him. The difference is I can take off the blinders despite it not fitting my political party.  He has f’ed this up beyond belief.  If I seem angry, it’s because I am. You’re welcome to come see patients with me that I can’t test and don’t have the PPE to protect myself from once you get back from Arizona ... then tell me how the president is doing.  He is a narcissistic liar
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2808 on: March 30, 2020, 09:52:43 PM »
http: seaninnanity.com

Sure in the hell ain't gonna find it on www.unclejoe.com

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2809 on: March 30, 2020, 09:53:37 PM »
Nice job Mayo.

And people thought Todd wouldn't amount to anything.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2810 on: March 30, 2020, 09:55:45 PM »
It’s working for some critically ill patients. For others it is not and they are dying. In dentistry school do they teach you the difference between anecdotal evidence and double blinded studies? If not, stay in your lane. And to respond to your previous response to me... I am a conservative. I voted for this idiot and every other GOP president before him. The difference is I can take off the blinders despite it not fitting my political party.  He has f’ed this up beyond belief.  If I seem angry, it’s because I am. You’re welcome to come see patients with me that I can’t test and don’t have the PPE to protect myself from once you get back from Arizona ... then tell me how the president is doing.  He is a narcissistic liar

Sorry to see ya waver...hope ya feel better...have a good night

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #2811 on: March 30, 2020, 09:57:56 PM »
The United States and South Korea had their first cases on the same day. The U.S. has had 3,138 deaths since, including 593 in the past 24 hours. South Korea has had 158.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2812 on: March 30, 2020, 09:59:02 PM »
Stay safe! Doing your job without protective gear...wow.  Truly hope you get what you need ASAP.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2813 on: March 30, 2020, 10:01:04 PM »
Sure in the hell ain't gonna find it on www.unclejoe.com
Good boy. Regurgitate what ever Fox tells you.

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #2814 on: March 30, 2020, 10:40:09 PM »
We went from 15 American cases... this will soon be over, to “this is the next Democratic hoax” to “100,000 American deaths is a strong possibility and would be a success.”  There have been 44,000 new US cases in the last 48 hrs.  The Sherman Park neighborhood in Milwaukee is a “hotspot “ and the ICU at my hospital is overflowing.

Unfortunately I’m worried 100,000 deaths may be low.  Some of the models predict 400,000 due to lack of US detection of the disease related to inadequate testing.  To keep perspective, 60,000 American died in the Vietnam War.  The Easter end to social distancing was always a joke and wrong.  The president stating this created confusion. Fortunately the President is finally listening to the scientists and experts.  Ironically it appears it took a friend of his to become critically ill in a coma to see the truth.  The reality is we are all shaped by our experiences.  Stay the f$ck home everybody
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2815 on: March 30, 2020, 10:58:41 PM »
If I seem angry, it’s because I am. You’re welcome to come see patients with me that I can’t test and don’t have the PPE to protect myself from once you get back from Arizona ... then tell me how the president is doing.  He is a narcissistic liar

Wishing you the best, and thank you for what you do. One of my friends in NYC was in a similar boat, having to treat patients without PPE, because they had none left. A couple days ago she became ill, fortunately, so far a mild case for her.

Do your best to stay safe, and again, thank you.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2816 on: March 30, 2020, 11:33:21 PM »
We went from 15 American cases... this will soon be over, to “this is the next Democratic hoax” to “100,000 American deaths is a strong possibility and would be a success.”  There have been 44,000 new US cases in the last 48 hrs.  The Sherman Park neighborhood in Milwaukee is a “hotspot “ and the ICU at my hospital is overflowing.

Unfortunately I’m worried 100,000 deaths may be low.  Some of the models predict 400,000 due to lack of US detection of the disease related to inadequate testing.  To keep perspective, 60,000 American died in the Vietnam War.  The Easter end to social distancing was always a joke and wrong.  The president stating this created confusion. Fortunately the President is finally listening to the scientists and experts.  Ironically it appears it took a friend of his to become critically ill in a coma to see the truth.  The reality is we are all shaped by our experiences.  Stay the f$ck home everybody

Stay safe, and thank you for fighting for all of us!

My family and I are doing our small part by staying home, and I hope all non-essential workers are doing the same.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #2817 on: March 31, 2020, 12:20:20 AM »
When you've lost Mike Francesa you have a problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qyf6yxZFsY

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2818 on: March 31, 2020, 12:26:10 AM »
When you've lost Mike Francesa you have a problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qyf6yxZFsY

To be fair, if it’s like his sports takes, he glanced at 2 headlines for 5 seconds and created his bulletproof arrogant opinion without bothering with facts, names, or mitigating factors

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #2819 on: March 31, 2020, 12:37:09 AM »
To be fair, if it’s like his sports takes, he glanced at 2 headlines for 5 seconds and created his bulletproof arrogant opinion without bothering with facts, names, or mitigating factors

Or it could be that after hearing ambulances go past his house 24/7 and seeing folks brought out of Elmhurst in body body bags every hour, Mike just decided enough was enough.  Then he gets to see trump bring out some grifter pillow salesman to complain that there's not enough God in the churches. And to top it off , the no nothings love it.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2820 on: March 31, 2020, 12:46:33 AM »

But he’s getting great ratings while people die.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2821 on: March 31, 2020, 12:47:51 AM »

The dude seriously needs to learn to say "I don't know" or just shut his mouth when he doesn't know something. He starts sentences without knowing where he will end up, and just keeps going.

The biggest brain knows all.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2822 on: March 31, 2020, 12:48:54 AM »

Unfortunately, not really.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2823 on: March 31, 2020, 12:49:56 AM »
Sorry to see ya waver...hope ya feel better...have a good night

This ain't sports old man, this is real life.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2824 on: March 31, 2020, 02:39:24 AM »

What are you basing this statement on?