[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129282 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #3100 on: April 04, 2020, 12:37:18 PM »

Don’t worry. Jared is on the case.

i'll take jared any day over uncle joe but once again, you guys are constantly going after low hanging fruit while taking your eyes off the ball.  there is A LOT of stuff going on here besides jared for chriminey sakes.  i see so much hand wringing and jabbing at the extraneous stuff that does no good except the obligatory "diaper" emptying to mark your spots.  who cares about jared??  i care more about our guys working behind the scenes like the immunologist, jacob glanville,  working on engineering anibodies blocking the virus ability to attach to human cells, setting off the chain reactions leading to the illness. 

one big thing we are realizing out of all of this is the effects of diabetes and pre-diabetes among other factors, but once again, giving people all the more reason to watch their weight, eat right and exercise.  no, i do not want a mandate, but people should be smart enough to figure this chit out.  feeds into the survival of the fittest.  we can only do so much for most people.  we have to start taking better care of ourselves in order to enjoy a better productive life
don't...don't don't don't don't

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3101 on: April 04, 2020, 12:39:22 PM »

"The supplies are ours! Ours, ours, ours! Back off you grubby states!"* Busies self changing government website to corroborate this.

* not a direct quote, merely an accurate paraphrase.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3102 on: April 04, 2020, 12:44:09 PM »
i'll take jared any day over uncle joe but once again, you guys are constantly going after low hanging fruit while taking your eyes off the ball.  there is A LOT of stuff going on here besides jared for chriminey sakes.  i see so much hand wringing and jabbing at the extraneous stuff that does no good except the obligatory "diaper" emptying to mark your spots.  who cares about jared??  i care more about our guys working behind the scenes like the immunologist, jacob glanville,  working on engineering anibodies blocking the virus ability to attach to human cells, setting off the chain reactions leading to the illness. 

one big thing we are realizing out of all of this is the effects of diabetes and pre-diabetes among other factors, but once again, giving people all the more reason to watch their weight, eat right and exercise.  no, i do not want a mandate, but people should be smart enough to figure this chit out.  feeds into the survival of the fittest.  we can only do so much for most people.  we have to start taking better care of ourselves in order to enjoy a better productive life

tl;dr ... Don't blame government incompetence. It's your fault, fatties.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3103 on: April 04, 2020, 12:44:19 PM »
i'll take jared any day over uncle joe
Well of course you'd take the guy who has no experience in anything over the guy who was the Vice President.  Why of course you would.

<There really aren't any emojis that can capture the utter stupidity of this statement>
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #3104 on: April 04, 2020, 01:01:55 PM »
Trump will hold a press conference today at 2:30 pm, and will announce the state of professional sporting events moving forward.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #3105 on: April 04, 2020, 01:27:09 PM »
i'll take jared any day

Just curious Rocket, on what basis or accomplishments?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3106 on: April 04, 2020, 01:29:57 PM »

This?

CORONAVIRUS HASN’T STOPPED JARED KUSHNER’S REAL ESTATE EMPIRE FROM HOUNDING TENANTS WITH DEBT COLLECTION, EVICTION LAWSUITS
https://theintercept.com/2020/04/04/jared-kushner-real-estate-company-evictions/

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3107 on: April 04, 2020, 01:34:00 PM »
"The supplies are ours! Ours, ours, ours! Back off you grubby states!"* Busies self changing government website to corroborate this.

* not a direct quote, merely an accurate paraphrase.

Who better to run things during a pandemic than a guy who sold buildings for a living? Whose only 2 accomplishments in life were being born mega-rich and screwing trump's daughter.

If I ever need heart surgery, he will be the 1st one I call.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3108 on: April 04, 2020, 01:35:12 PM »
Well of course you'd take the guy who has no experience in anything over the guy who was the Vice President.  Why of course you would.

<There really aren't any emojis that can capture the utter stupidity of this statement>

Or the statementee

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #3109 on: April 04, 2020, 02:04:13 PM »
20,000 National Guard have been called up to help during COVID-19.

It is a 30 day order. That is just one day short of qualifying for TRICARE (Military Medicare for All) Military Health Insurance.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-sent-the-guard-to-the-coronavirus-front-line-but-denied-them-military-care

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3110 on: April 04, 2020, 02:05:37 PM »

That phrase seriously ought to be in every meme tournament for the next thousand years.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3111 on: April 04, 2020, 02:08:31 PM »

I would be interested in this, too. Seriously.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3112 on: April 04, 2020, 02:26:53 PM »
Trump will hold a press conference today at 2:30 pm, and will announce the state of professional sporting events moving forward.

This should be good.  ::)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3113 on: April 04, 2020, 02:45:34 PM »

There are better and more advanced versions of this out there. I posted an article about some of the ones coming out of China a week or so ago. Glanville is likely using some of their results to improve his methods.

I'm trying to figure out how Foxnews is picking their "winners" that get tons of free publicity and fundraising. Maybe Glanville wins the race, but there isn't a logical reason to be pushing his methodology, over a number of other major companies/efforts.

I just hope someone wins the race by September.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #3114 on: April 04, 2020, 03:17:53 PM »
Two big takeaways regarding Germany.

1) They value good medical care.
2) They are run by a scientist, in a nation that respects scientists above nearly any other profession. So they listen to the scientists.

The US values good health care, so does Italy. 

Jimmy Carter has a science background.  I voted for him twice. 

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #3115 on: April 04, 2020, 03:22:19 PM »

As much as you want Uncle Joe to be the nominee, it will not happen in my opinion.  He is a good man, but his mental state is poor.  He is in decline and it cannot be denied.  The party will ask him to step aside and the convention in Milwaukee will bring in someone else.  My hope is this doesn’t become a fiasco I f the Bernie Bros do not get their way, because he will not be the nominee either. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

muguru

• All American
« Reply #3116 on: April 04, 2020, 04:17:11 PM »
So...I ask all you bashers here that claim the President didn't react quickly enough, and that he needs to "listen to the experts more" mostly Dr. Fauci...How come no one has brought this up before?? I know why...will there be any apologies here from anyone?? Nope. I think the blame is going to the wrong place...

https://twitter.com/johncardillo/status/1246098728085336066?s=20
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #3117 on: April 04, 2020, 04:25:34 PM »
So...I ask all you bashers here that claim the President didn't react quickly enough, and that he needs to "listen to the experts more" mostly Dr. Fauci...How come no one has brought this up before?? I know why...will there be any apologies here from anyone?? Nope. I think the blame is going to the wrong place...

Lol

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3119 on: April 04, 2020, 04:38:17 PM »

Everyone knows you're gonna vote for your guy again no matter how he f*cked this up.

And that's your right.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3120 on: April 04, 2020, 05:04:45 PM »

He says the average American doesn't need to be afraid of this, right then, but that we need to be concerned and prepare, which was what the CDC was doing.

That was before the WHO confirmed person-to-person spread, they confirmed it that same day as the interview (Jan. 21st).

Compare that to the commander in chief, who on Feb. 26th said that within a couple days there would be zero cases in the US. And on March 4th said it was "very safe to fly".

Even now, we have massive failures out of the Oval Office. There is chaos, and it is due to a lack of leadership, and a lack of leadership owning their mistakes. A good start would be a smidgeon of honesty.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #3121 on: April 04, 2020, 05:09:46 PM »

Everyone knows you're gonna vote for your guy again no matter how he f*cked this up.

And that's your right.

This is a typical response I expected from a far left liberal...instead of commenting on Dr. Fauci saying "this is nothing for the US to be worried about"(his words not mine), because you know then I've outed the narrative that the Pres f*cked this up(your words) , you attack the Pres(and me) again, because you have nothing to say...it blasts the narrative on this board out of the water. Dr Fauci...said this...this is an ACTUAL video. Again I will ask you, why has no one anywhere mentioned this before?? Because it kills the agenda, that's what.

Game over.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #3122 on: April 04, 2020, 05:12:36 PM »
Lol

See, you have NO response for it, do you??...Dr Fauci(who everyone says is an Expert and they listen to him) says "This is nothing for the US to worry about". How come?? People don't like the agenda destroyed, that's why.

Besides, you're just a youngin yet Johhny...You have a lot to learn about stuff yet, and there's nothing wrong with that.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3123 on: April 04, 2020, 05:13:18 PM »

This is a typical response I expected from a far left liberal...instead of commenting on Dr. Fauci saying "this is nothing for the US to be worried about"(his words not mine), because you know then I've outed the narrative that the Pres f*cked this up(your words) , you attack the Pres(and me) again, because you have nothing to say...it blasts the narrative on this board out of the water. Dr Fauci...said this...this is an ACTUAL video. Again I will ask you, why has no one anywhere mentioned this before?? Because it kills the agenda, that's what.

Game over.

Read forgetful’s comment. It was better than mine.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3124 on: April 04, 2020, 05:13:36 PM »
As much as you want Uncle Joe to be the nominee, it will not happen in my opinion.  He is a good man, but his mental state is poor.  He is in decline and it cannot be denied.  The party will ask him to step aside and the convention in Milwaukee will bring in someone else.  My hope is this doesn’t become a fiasco I f the Bernie Bros do not get their way, because he will not be the nominee either.

In all honesty, both of them concern me because they would be in their mid-80s by the end of a second term. That said, I would take a good man in decline over the current occupant of the office.

And FWIW - if Biden or Bernie were elected and then lost it, I am confident they would have the grace to willingly hand the reins over to their VP.