'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Phillip Nolan of Milwaukee Vincent  (Read 16787 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Phillip Nolan of Milwaukee Vincent
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 02:25:56 PM »
comments like that help improve the quality of Scoop.

Back on the topic of penises, please.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2011, 02:27:35 PM »
Hey, if Nolan stood outside the locker room like a rummy for 75 min., I'm figurin' we've got a great shot at landing him.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 02:28:27 PM »
That blog post is a pathetic excuse for journalism. Blogging has ruined our society.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2011, 02:29:07 PM »
Blogging has ruined our society.

Hyperbole kills kittens.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2011, 02:29:13 PM »
You let me down, 4ever.   I was expecting the vaguely homoerotic tying in of zfb and getting back onto penises.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2011, 02:43:28 PM »
Yes, the eyewitness was an MU grad, an award-winning writer, who waited outside the locker room for 75 minutes. And the recruit was NOT in the locker room. He was waiting outside the room.

Is this your proof?

Apparently, there was a recruit, a good-looking 6-foot-9 player who sat patiently outside the Marquette locker room, waiting for Bonehead Buzz to rear his bald head.

"Apparently"? Doesn't sound like someone who waited outside the locker room for an hour and 15 watching a potential recruit stand there for an hour and 15. Sounds like hearsay to me.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2011, 02:47:39 PM »
Amazing what you can get away with as an "award winning journalist" that covers HS, minor leagues, and junior colleges.

"Bonehead Buzz?" Really? That's some professionalism.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2011, 02:48:08 PM »
Yes, the eyewitness was an MU grad, an award-winning writer, who waited outside the locker room for 75 minutes. And the recruit was NOT in the locker room. He was waiting outside the room.

Give me a break, ecompt. The guy is a small-town prep sports reporter whose lack of professionalism oozes from nearly every sentence of that blog. It's mind-boggling that he would decry a lack of professional courtesy and standards in the same column that repeatedly refers to a far more accomplished person as "bonehead" and other clever names.
Pot. Kettle. Black.

Regarding his "award-winning" journalism, as someone who's made a living in that profession, I know full well that means absolutely zip. Next to the entertainment industry, there is no more self-congratulatory profession than the media. We give ourselves awards the way Little Leagues give out trophies (i.e. everyone wins one).

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2011, 02:48:30 PM »
That blog post is a pathetic excuse for journalism. Blogging has ruined our society.

Damn...I was opting for corporate greed, union greed, content on tv, religion, drugs, or all the usual villains.  Blogging is now at the top of the list...we need a banner!

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2011, 02:49:55 PM »
Damn...I was opting for corporate greed, union greed, content on tv, religion, drugs, or all the usual villains.  Blogging is now at the top of the list...we need a banner!

All of the above.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2011, 02:50:14 PM »
Lend him some of those pills of yours and he'll be just fine, but remember to seek medical attention after 4 hours

I can think of only one reason you could have become an expert on erectile dysfunction. Good news is that when people tell you to go F*#k yourself you can honestly tell them you're unable.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2011, 02:52:35 PM »
HEY GUYS CLEAN IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! SKATEROSPHY AND TOWER

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2011, 03:05:11 PM »

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2011, 03:23:22 PM »
hell hath no fury like a reporter made to wait, apparently

http://jimhaguesports.blogspot.com/2011/03/theres-no-buzz-with-marquettes-coach.html?spref=fb

Wow.

I guess he needed a reason not to like Buzz, and he found it, which then gave him the ability to do the classic sports writer's cliche of going off on some rant that really doesn't relate to the first part.

THE BULLET POINTS:
- Buzz is annoying because he is late
- Also he cannot recruit (see Taylor, Tyshawn who is "great" at KU)
- He takes on too many JUCOs
- Vander isn't good
- Oh, and being late is clearly a sign that he's over his head

His writing actually reminds me a little bit of Woeful. Not many facts, and very "ranty" if that is a word.

Les Nessman

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2011, 03:30:55 PM »
Wow.

I guess he needed a reason not to like Buzz, and he found it, which then gave him the ability to do the classic sports writer's cliche of going off on some rant that really doesn't relate to the first part.

THE BULLET POINTS:
- Buzz is annoying because he is late
- Also he cannot recruit (see Taylor, Tyshawn who is "great" at KU)
- He takes on too many JUCOs
- Vander isn't good
- Oh, and being late is clearly a sign that he's over his head

His writing actually reminds me a little bit of Woeful. Not many facts, and very "ranty" if that is a word.

I bet all 13 of his "followers" are going to hate Buzz from now on.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2011, 03:31:44 PM »

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2011, 03:37:04 PM »
HEY GUYS CLEAN IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! SKATEROSPHY AND TOWER

If a man can't say penis on the Internet, then where can he say it?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2011, 03:37:12 PM »
Amazing what you can get away with as an "award winning journalist" that covers HS, minor leagues, and junior colleges.

"Bonehead Buzz?" Really? That's some professionalism.

I once got an A+ on a paper at MU. Please refer to me as an "award winning writer" in the future.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2011, 03:42:55 PM »
I once got an A+ on a paper at MU. Please refer to me as an "award winning writer" in the future.

There's probably room in your signature line for that....

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2011, 03:48:32 PM »

I'm not sure where I fall, as I never got an A+ on a paper.  Been called a bonehead any number of times, though. Does that count?
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2011, 03:53:48 PM »
I'm not sure where I fall, as I never got an A+ on a paper.  Been called a bonehead any number of times, though. Does that count?

Depends entirely on who bestowed the honor.  Those comments from the right group of people could certify your genius.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2011, 04:03:25 PM »
I'm not sure where I fall, as I never got an A+ on a paper.  Been called a bonehead any number of times, though. Does that count?

As someone who has often been accurately classified one also, you bet it counts.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2011, 04:14:20 PM »
hell hath no fury like a reporter made to wait, apparently

http://jimhaguesports.blogspot.com/2011/03/theres-no-buzz-with-marquettes-coach.html?spref=fb

No one makes someone from the east coast wait. Doesn't Buzz know that the time of east coast people is more valuable than that of anyone else, at least in their own minds'?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:16:48 PM by Marquette_g »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2011, 04:19:39 PM »
This goofy blogger wrote this ...

The NCAA and Big East Conference have regulations that the coaches are supposed to adhere to after games. There's a 10-minute cooling-off period, followed by the losing coach and losing players, then winning coach and winning players. It's a policy that is religiously enforced during the entire NCAA Tournament.

---

Is this true?  And he wrote this down in the comment section ....

No, it's not the first time Buzz has pulled this routine...In fact, he did almost the same thing last year at Newark and Marquette won that game. He wasn't found for about a half hour last year. This was far worse.

And no, it's not the first time this year, because I received assurance from the Big East office that he had done it ''several times'' and was already once warned.

---

Has anyone heard about any of this before?  I have not.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2011, 04:28:10 PM »
Give me a break, ecompt. The guy is a small-town prep sports reporter whose lack of professionalism oozes from nearly every sentence of that blog. It's mind-boggling that he would decry a lack of professional courtesy and standards in the same column that repeatedly refers to a far more accomplished person as "bonehead" and other clever names.
Pot. Kettle. Black.

Regarding his "award-winning" journalism, as someone who's made a living in that profession, I know full well that means absolutely zip. Next to the entertainment industry, there is no more self-congratulatory profession than the media. We give ourselves awards the way Little Leagues give out trophies (i.e. everyone wins one).

ecompt, were you a mentor of Mr. Hague in his Marquette days?  Maybe you gave him the award?