Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

First #1 seed to lose

Kentucky
5 (2.5%)
Villanova
61 (30.7%)
Wisconsin
76 (38.2%)
Duke
57 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 198

Author Topic: First #1 seed to lose  (Read 17890 times)

MUSF

• All American
Re: First #1 seed to lose
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2015, 02:09:14 PM »
If potentially the best Badger team ever loses to UNC, with all the bashing they do of Roy and his supposed "roll the ball out" coaching, Badgermaniac might actually melt down like Chernobyl.

UNC certainly has the talent to beat UW on any given night, but they are extremely inconsistent.  I wouldn't put a significant amount of money on this UNC team to beat any of the major conference teams in this tourney field, let alone the Badgers.  You just never know which team is going to show up for the Tar Heels.

BTW, Badger fans only bash Roy because he criticized UW bball after their final four appearance in 2000.  They may claim it's about other things now, but it all started there.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2015, 05:52:04 AM »
The last 8 times Roy has went to the Sweet 16, his team won. North Carolina has never lost a Sweet 16 game with him at the helm. If they play Wisconsin, I certainly wouldn't dismiss their chances.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2015, 07:34:16 AM »
Duke will lose first, and unfortunately, the Badgers will win it all.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2015, 11:35:58 AM »
Duke will lose first, and unfortunately, the Badgers will win it all.

Based on what?  Just curious.  I know they are a very talented, offensively efficient team, but they don't have a great win as pointed out in the other thread.  They've been "playing well" but their best win in that recent time is over MSU, who is a 7 seed.  They lost to Maryland only a few weeks ago.  Id argue plenty of teams are just as hot as them.  Not saying they couldnt, but they are in a stacked bracket with teams that could knock them off in each round potentially.  I don't think they will lose to Oregon, but Joseph Young is a nightmare matchup for them.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2015, 11:50:25 AM »
Based on what?

Hearing this a lot. I just think people are afraid it will happen, so they're constantly putting the doomsday scenario out there to brace themselves if it does.

Personally, I can't see it. Badgers have a target on their back and a few very tough potential matchups just to get to the Final Four, never mind a juggernaut likely awaiting them if they get there.

Are the Badgers better than last year? Yes. But I don't think there nearly as "better" as the teams they played in their final two games are, and would likely have to beat again just to get to the Final.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2015, 08:33:44 PM »
Nova it is, though others could lose in this round as well to equal their feat.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 08:38:33 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2015, 08:39:13 PM »
I hate that it's a Big East team that goes down first.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2015, 08:40:45 PM »
At least they gave it their all, were good sports, and represented, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2015, 08:47:22 PM »
The TV shot of the girl playing in the Villanova  band with tears streaming down her face  while NC State was celebrating was a classic . I give credit to the kid for hanging in there. the scene Really sums up what the NCAA is all about.

Was hoping Villanova would have gone further. NC State had great guard play and Villanova didn't today. Guard play is what wins in these games.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2015, 08:57:51 PM »
I did smile a bit when Arcidiacomo, who couldn't miss a shot against us all season, crapped the bed tonight. Jay Wright's teams have been knocked out five straight times on the opening weekend.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2015, 09:01:41 PM »
The TV shot of the girl playing in the Villanova  band with tears streaming down her face  while NC State was celebrating was a classic . I give credit to the kid for hanging in there. the scene Really sums up what the NCAA is all about.

Was hoping Villanova would have gone further. NC State had great guard play and Villanova didn't today. Guard play is what wins in these games.

Yup.  Kind of lame that Deadspin (and I'm sure others) are already showing that clip.  I get it, the crying from a band member of a team that lost is a little over the top for my taste, but come on.  No need to poke fun of it on a site that gets thousands of viewers.

NC State is the dangerous type of team that can pull off some upsets.  They beat some really good teams this season.

Rough day for the BE.  4-0 day one and then if Butler can't beat ND the conference gets a total of 1 more win in the entire Tournament.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2015, 06:11:30 PM »

Saw that too and remarked the same to my wife with the added comment that our daughter plays flute also.