[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

First #1 seed to lose

Kentucky
5 (2.5%)
Villanova
61 (30.7%)
Wisconsin
76 (38.2%)
Duke
57 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 198

Author Topic: First #1 seed to lose  (Read 17764 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: First #1 seed to lose
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2015, 09:17:38 PM »
Duke
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2015, 09:23:42 PM »
Quack quack.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2015, 09:31:36 PM »
I think Duke is the most vulnerable right now. They look like they can contend with UK some nights, other nights look very beatable. I hope and will be rooting for Wisconsin to win it all this year. Then maybe Bo could ride off into the sunset and we wouldn't have to worry about them anymore. Also, a fair amount of kids from the state on their roster.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2015, 10:07:22 PM »
A very hot NC beats WI.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2015, 10:26:16 PM »
I think Duke is the most vulnerable right now. They look like they can contend with UK some nights, other nights look very beatable. I hope and will be rooting for Wisconsin to win it all this year. Then maybe Bo could ride off into the sunset and we wouldn't have to worry about them anymore. Also, a fair amount of kids from the state on their roster.

Wisconsin basketball and everything Bo and Dick Bennett before him built there is dead and it's back to the Steve Yoder, Bill Cofield era once he retires?  I mean, I wish that would be true, but that's about as wishful as wishful thinking can get.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 10:29:00 PM by HutchwasClutch »

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2015, 10:28:29 PM »

Bite your tongue!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 07:48:45 AM by VegasWarrior77 »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2015, 10:33:13 PM »
Think Duke sh!ts the bed against St Johns even without Opekpa.  Arizona will beat Wisconsin in the elite 8 and should've been the final #1 seed.

Kentucky is the only #1 to make the final four.
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2015, 10:35:26 PM »
Think Duke sh!ts the bed against St Johns even without Opekpa.  

Right, a St. John's team that got handled easily on their home floor (one of their home floors anyway) against Providence.  Now, they lose Obekpa.  

I gather you're not wild about Duke?

« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 10:37:15 PM by HutchwasClutch »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2015, 10:36:51 PM »

I'd rather Wisconsin be the first 1 seed to ever lose to a 16 seed and Bo retires rather than face the shame of his defeat
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2015, 10:38:12 PM »
I'd rather Wisconsin be the first 1 seed to ever lose to a 16 seed and Bo retires rather than face the shame of his defeat

This is my dream, ooh how delicious it would be!!  Too bad it doesn't have a prayer of happening. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2015, 10:38:13 PM »

They have the largest athletic budget in the Big Ten for athletics, and 2nd largest in the USA.  Sports, Inc. now over there.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/schools/finances/

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2015, 10:38:50 PM »
Right, a St. John's team that got handled easily on their home floor (one of their home floors anyway) against Providence.  Now, they lose Obepka.  

I gather you're not wild about Duke?

IF (and it's a big if) St John's can get out of their 8/9 game I think they're a terrible matchup for Duke.  Even without Opekpa, they're more athletic than Duke, and if the officials allow the players to play a little it could be the third time in five years that POS coach K doesn't make it out of the first weekend.

For the record, I think Arizona cuts down the nets when it's all said and done.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 10:41:51 PM by mattyv1908 »
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2015, 10:42:14 PM »
IF (and it's a big if) St John's can get out of their 8/9 game I think they're a terrible matchup for Duke.  Even without Opekpa, they're more athletic than Duke, and if the officials allow the players to play a little it could be the third time in five years that POS coach K doesn't make it out of the first weekend.

I would love every team in the Big East to do damage, I just can't see it.  Duke already beat them on the road this year, and that was with Obekpa. So what's changed now, other than St. John's is worse than when they played Duke before?

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2015, 11:03:14 PM »

Huh??? You want the Vadgers to win it all because maybe Bo will retire? You actually want to give Vadger fans those kind of bragging rights? No f-ing way.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2015, 11:07:42 PM »
I haven't filled my bracket yet, but my first inclination is to say Villanova. They are so dependent on the 3-ball as opposed to having any inside presence. Wiscy, Duke and others use the 3 a lot, too, but they have other options if it's not working.

I hope I'm wrong because Nova is the 1 seed I'd like to see win it all.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2015, 11:08:19 PM »
I would love every team in the Big East to do damage, I just can't see it.  Duke already beat them on the road this year, and that was with Obekpa. So what's changed now, other than St. John's is worse than when they played Duke before?

Prior results have absolutely no effect on a future outcome.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2015, 01:41:14 AM »

For the record, I think Arizona cuts down the nets when it's all said and done.

Coach K is a POS? Why? He seems like a class act to me. Only think I hate about Duke is how good they are.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2015, 06:00:16 AM »
Huh??? You want the Vadgers to win it all because maybe Bo will retire? You actually want to give Vadger fans those kind of bragging rights? No f-ing way.

If they earn it by wining it all they deserve those bragging rights. It's only a game.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2015, 07:02:37 AM »
They have the largest athletic budget in the Big Ten for athletics, and 2nd largest in the USA.  Sports, Inc. now over there.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/schools/finances/

Yup, it ain't going back to the good old days in Madison anytime soon. 

It kills me how some people think that UW football/bball just got lucky with a recent run of good coaches and a good AD.  When in reality, UW as an institution made a deliberate decision to go all in on athletics.  UW won't be down in either sport for long with the amount of resources and emphasis they put into both sports.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2015, 07:06:29 AM »
Yeah, but still...F#ck the rodents
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2015, 08:33:25 AM »
Filled out my bracket and have Duke and Wisconsin losing in the Sweet 16. UNC just took out a Virginia team that plays similar to Wisconsin and I like Roy's odds with a week to prepare. Have Duke losing to Utah, who just might go to the Final Four. The South looks like the most wide-open bracket. If ever Gonzaga will make the Final Four, this is the year (though I think ISU beats them).
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2015, 10:10:01 AM »
Hmmmm.....not much love for the Bitchers in this poll. Wonder if Bo is concerned? Nah.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2015, 10:28:01 AM »

It kills me how some people think that UW football/bball just got lucky with a recent run of good coaches and a good AD.  When in reality, UW as an institution made a deliberate decision to go all in on athletics.  UW won't be down in either sport for long with the amount of resources and emphasis they put into both sports.

And on the opposite side it makes me laugh that Badger fans think they are the underdog who out thinks all of the big budget/big money schools when they are one of those big budget/big money schools.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2015, 10:36:01 AM »

Everything changed in Madison when Donna Shalala convinced Pat Richter to become Athletic Director. 

In the 70s and 80s, Elroy Hirsch was the AD.  A complete figurehead who ran things like it was still the 1960s.  Before basking in his retirement, he made two final hires.  Don Morton as football coach.  And Ade Sponberg as athletic director.  Both were complete disasters.

Shalala cleaned house and the rest is history.  Really if you would have told me back in high school what UW athletics would accomplish over the next 30 years, I would have thought you were smoking crack.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2015, 10:51:33 AM »
Filled out my bracket and have Duke and Wisconsin losing in the Sweet 16. UNC just took out a Virginia team that plays similar to Wisconsin and I like Roy's odds with a week to prepare.

If potentially the best Badger team ever loses to UNC, with all the bashing they do of Roy and his supposed "roll the ball out" coaching, Badgermaniac might actually melt down like Chernobyl.

feedback