collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2024 NFL Offseason and Draft Thread  (Read 95811 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: 2024 NFL Offseason and Draft Thread
« Reply #2475 on: January 12, 2024, 09:32:59 AM »
Lol
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2476 on: January 12, 2024, 12:37:07 PM »
The Caleb Williams stuff that is out there is certainly a different approach to things.

I can not imagine the NFL approving him access to the supplemental draft (if that’s something his management team is considering). It would set a precedent the NFL doesn’t want, and would harm their draft revenue now and moving forward.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2477 on: January 12, 2024, 12:46:23 PM »
Is this due to the Wesley Steinberg report? It sounds like that's a troll account.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2478 on: January 12, 2024, 03:06:43 PM »
I think people have been left wondering if Steichen was actually the one making the magic happen.

He also lost both of his coordinators and his replacement DC choice struggled mightily.  Not to mention Sirianni wasn't the playcaller in Indy, so there is probably some legitimacy to the thoughts of Steichen being the key factor behind the offense.

Not to mention, I think there is an element of the league figuring out Hurts a little bit.  Took steps back across the board and made way more questionable decisions than you saw last year.  Which isn't at all uncommon or surprising but the timing is bad.

Is this due to the Wesley Steinberg report? It sounds like that's a troll account.

No its just reporting on whats happened since the regular season ended.

I'm not the biggest Caleb Williams fan, and sure some people put too much stock into little things, but there is undeniably a bevy of strange, if not concerning, data points stacking up behind him and his impending NFL career.  Its staggering arrogance at best which looks all the worse given his recent season.  Is it enough to pass on him?  Maybe maybe not.  But I don't think you have to be a HATER to raise an eyebrow or two at it all

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2479 on: January 12, 2024, 03:57:53 PM »
He also lost both of his coordinators and his replacement DC choice struggled mightily.  Not to mention Sirianni wasn't the playcaller in Indy, so there is probably some legitimacy to the thoughts of Steichen being the key factor behind the offense.

Not to mention, I think there is an element of the league figuring out Hurts a little bit.  Took steps back across the board and made way more questionable decisions than you saw last year.  Which isn't at all uncommon or surprising but the timing is bad.

No its just reporting on whats happened since the regular season ended.

I'm not the biggest Caleb Williams fan, and sure some people put too much stock into little things, but there is undeniably a bevy of strange, if not concerning, data points stacking up behind him and his impending NFL career.  Its staggering arrogance at best which looks all the worse given his recent season.  Is it enough to pass on him?  Maybe maybe not.  But I don't think you have to be a HATER to raise an eyebrow or two at it all

Less so figuring Hurts out, more so he’s hurt.

There’s some stuff out there about how basic Philly’s offense is and there lack of using motion to move the defense around
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #2482 on: January 14, 2024, 11:31:43 AM »
Good, Harbaugh is a complete jackass

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2483 on: January 14, 2024, 12:38:04 PM »
JJ McCarthy declares for the draft.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2484 on: January 14, 2024, 12:39:12 PM »
JJ McCarthy declares for the draft.

Could make a decent enough career backup I guess.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #2485 on: January 14, 2024, 01:01:14 PM »
While being about as far from an NFL talent evaluator as you can get, IMHO JJ looks like that and a 5-7 round pick.

But what do I know, I had Brady as a 2nd round talent and look how he turned out. ;D

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2486 on: January 14, 2024, 01:29:29 PM »
While being about as far from an NFL talent evaluator as you can get, IMHO JJ looks like that and a 5-7 round pick.

But what do I know, I had Brady as a 2nd round talent and look how he turned out. ;D

He’ll be picked in the top-64 based on arm strength alone.

He’ll be evaluated on that and other measurables NFL people love and the fact his wideouts at Michigan were as pedestrian as Michigan has had in awhile.  Wilson was a speed in space guy and Johnson is a good college WR but not a game breaker.  Their best receiver was a TE. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2487 on: January 14, 2024, 01:44:16 PM »

I would imagine he wouldn't have declared had anyone suggested to him he's a 5-7 round pick. He'd make way more on NIL than he would on a rookie contract. That's why guys like Bo Nix and Sam Hartman stayed in college last year.
We'll see how it turns out, but good bet evaluators are telling him he's likely a 1st/2nd round pick. I've seen no draft guru-type out there suggest otherwise.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #2488 on: January 14, 2024, 02:07:29 PM »
I would imagine he wouldn't have declared had anyone suggested to him he's a 5-7 round pick. He'd make way more on NIL than he would on a rookie contract. That's why guys like Bo Nix and Sam Hartman stayed in college last year.
We'll see how it turns out, but good bet evaluators are telling him he's likely a 1st/2nd round pick. I've seen no draft guru-type out there suggest otherwise.
That's fair. As I said, I'm far from an expert. He feels like a player who benefited greatly from a great OL and running game. I do believe he will go before round 3, I just hope its not to the Bears.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2489 on: January 14, 2024, 02:16:21 PM »
That's fair. As I said, I'm far from an expert. He feels like a player who benefited greatly from a great OL and running game. I do believe he will go before round 3, I just hope its not to the Bears.

I think the only way he would have gone to the Bears is if they had hired Harbaugh.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #2490 on: January 14, 2024, 02:47:24 PM »
I think the only way he would have gone to the Bears is if they had hired Harbaugh.
That would have made sense. I was kidding about the Bears taking him. If the Bears move on from Fields (most likely scenario) they will pick a QB in the top 10 and most likely #1. They will not take a QB in the before the 6th round, if at all, if they stay with Fields. I think they like Bagent as a back-up.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2491 on: January 14, 2024, 03:15:53 PM »

I've seen numerous mock drafts with him going in the first round. Maybe they're all wrong, or maybe any team that takes him that high will be wrong. NFL GMs make mistakes on QBs all the time.

Good arm strength, great mobility. Can he do the other things NFL QBs need to do? We'll see.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2492 on: January 14, 2024, 04:20:34 PM »

Yea I don’t love him and obviously being graded as a top round talent doesn’t mean you’ll be a good NFL QB, but I’ve not seen any that have him falling outside the top 40 picks.  I don’t think projections are THAT wrong

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2493 on: January 14, 2024, 04:24:12 PM »
I've seen numerous mock drafts with him going in the first round. Maybe they're all wrong, or maybe any team that takes him that high will be wrong. NFL GMs make mistakes on QBs all the time.

Good arm strength, great mobility. Can he do the other things NFL QBs need to do? We'll see.

Yeah, I think 1st round. Other positions get picked based on talent where they should be. QBs get over drafted every year.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2494 on: January 14, 2024, 04:43:04 PM »
Green Bay does not need to draft a QB.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2495 on: January 14, 2024, 04:45:22 PM »
Green Bay does not need to draft a QB.

You don’t know ball, aina?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2496 on: January 14, 2024, 04:50:09 PM »
Lol. Dak…
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #2497 on: January 14, 2024, 04:51:22 PM »
Fields to the Cowboys!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2498 on: January 14, 2024, 05:03:21 PM »
Fields to the Cowboys!

Doesn't seem like a fit for Belichick/McDaniels.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2499 on: January 14, 2024, 05:18:00 PM »
What kicker can’t get to the end zone indoors?