collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccinations & Antibodies  (Read 45784 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: Vaccinations & Antibodies
« Reply #225 on: November 13, 2021, 07:53:08 PM »
Round 3 of Moderna in my arm this morning. Little foggy this evening, but otherwise all good. My 3 kids get their first doses tomorrow.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #226 on: November 13, 2021, 10:11:06 PM »
Round 3 of Moderna in my arm this morning. Little foggy this evening, but otherwise all good. My 3 kids get their first doses tomorrow.

Just got my round 3 of Pfizer around lunchtime.  Nothing of note for me, but my wife is starting to struggle.  Dose 1 hit her pretty good, so its not totally unsurprising

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #227 on: November 14, 2021, 09:58:37 AM »
Republican Washington State Senator Doug Ericksen, who has been fighting vaccine mandates, is stranded in El Salvador with COVID, and cannot get home.

https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1459619424634163201?s=20

Gee, that's too bad.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #228 on: November 14, 2021, 10:03:41 AM »
Republican Washington State Senator Doug Ericksen, who has been fighting vaccine mandates, is stranded in El Salvador with COVID, and cannot get home.

Gee, that's too bad.

Willing to bet he gets the monoclonal antibodies down there (with the drugs shipped to him), while there are a lot of Americans who do not get it, because they are told they don't qualify.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #229 on: November 14, 2021, 11:29:35 AM »

Gee, that's too bad.

Thoughts and prayers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #230 on: November 15, 2021, 12:01:24 AM »
As of October, a visitor was required to show either proof of vaccination or a negative test to enter El Salvador.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #231 on: November 15, 2021, 10:03:42 AM »
Willing to bet he gets the monoclonal antibodies down there (with the drugs shipped to him), while there are a lot of Americans who do not get it, because they are told they don't qualify.

He's a state senator, not a US senator.  I don't think he's gonna get super special treatment with a Democrat governor and a largely left leaning state government in his home state.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #232 on: November 18, 2021, 08:18:29 AM »
Once again, DeSantis and his toadies are working OT to make Floridians less safe and to ensure that COVID-19 will remain virulent in Florida longer. And they are doing it for purely political reasons.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-17/florida-legislators-agree-to-fine-employers-for-vaccine-mandates?campaign_id=4&emc=edit_dk_20211118&instance_id=45707&nl=dealbook&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=74731&te=1&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #233 on: November 18, 2021, 08:46:07 AM »
Once again, DeSantis and his toadies are working OT to make Floridians less safe and to ensure that COVID-19 will remain virulent in Florida longer. And they are doing it for purely political reasons.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-17/florida-legislators-agree-to-fine-employers-for-vaccine-mandates?campaign_id=4&emc=edit_dk_20211118&instance_id=45707&nl=dealbook&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=74731&te=1&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

There is choice involved.  They can wear 'protective equipment' in lieu of being vaccinated. 

But this is all silliness at this point anyway.  Anyone who wants to be vaccinated or have their child over 5 vaccinated can do so.  Children under 5 have an incredibly tiny chance of being hospitalized and even smaller of dying.  Is it sad that 292 children have died of Covid19 in the last two years?  Of course. 

Short of holding people down and vaccinating them, this is what our society has decided we are okay with.  We won't have zero death rate ever since the virus is endemic worldwide.

It's probably okay to stop being outraged about vaccine mandates.  We are currently at 79.8% of all people over the age of 12 being vaccinated, and that number is climbing every day.  Our country is too misinformed to get above 90% so we should accept that what we have done is probably as good as we can expect.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #234 on: November 18, 2021, 09:09:57 AM »
There is choice involved.  They can wear 'protective equipment' in lieu of being vaccinated. 

But this is all silliness at this point anyway.  Anyone who wants to be vaccinated or have their child over 5 vaccinated can do so.  Children under 5 have an incredibly tiny chance of being hospitalized and even smaller of dying.  Is it sad that 292 children have died of Covid19 in the last two years?  Of course. 

Short of holding people down and vaccinating them, this is what our society has decided we are okay with.  We won't have zero death rate ever since the virus is endemic worldwide.

It's probably okay to stop being outraged about vaccine mandates.  We are currently at 79.8% of all people over the age of 12 being vaccinated, and that number is climbing every day.  Our country is too misinformed to get above 90% so we should accept that what we have done is probably as good as we can expect.

Curious where you get your numbers, Hards. I'm not seeing anywhere near that high a percentage of vaccinated Americans on any site I check.

For example, this one suggests much lower figures than 80% of 12+:

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/covid-vaccine-tracker-states/

I am NOT saying your stat is wrong. I'd like to see the source so I know where to get it quickly in the future.

And for the record, I'm only "outraged" at politicians who, for purely political purposes, go out of their way to undermine proven measures at combatting COVID-19.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #235 on: November 18, 2021, 09:10:01 AM »

You don't live in his state, so this does not concern you. And, for those who do, they can move to tax hell California and be among like minded folks, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #236 on: November 18, 2021, 09:23:09 AM »
You don't live in his state, so this does not concern you. And, for those who do, they can move to tax hell California and be among like minded folks, aina?

Yes good point.  Because the virus stops at state lines.

It's amazing how quickly pro-business types turn anti-business when they make decisions they don't like.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #237 on: November 18, 2021, 09:24:45 AM »

Cuz thee crayzee fooker iz thankin bout the big chare.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

• All American
« Reply #238 on: November 18, 2021, 09:26:45 AM »
Curious where you get your numbers, Hards. I'm not seeing anywhere near that high a percentage of vaccinated Americans on any site I check.

For example, this one suggests much lower figures than 80% of 12+:

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/covid-vaccine-tracker-states/

I am NOT saying your stat is wrong. I'd like to see the source so I know where to get it quickly in the future.

And for the record, I'm only "outraged" at politicians who, for purely political purposes, go out of their way to undermine proven measures at combatting COVID-19.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations_vacc-total-admin-rate-total

80% of 12+ have received at least one dose.  About 70% are fully vaccinated.  Your data shows percent of US population.

The fact that we are at 80% receiving one dose is frankly miraculous considering how loud the idiotic anti-vaccine message is right now.  And it also shows how much in the minority those people are.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #239 on: November 18, 2021, 09:30:57 AM »
They have their borax baths to take away the sting.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #240 on: November 18, 2021, 09:39:08 AM »

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations_vacc-total-admin-rate-total

80% of 12+ have received at least one dose.  About 70% are fully vaccinated.  Your data shows percent of US population.

The fact that we are at 80% receiving one dose is frankly miraculous considering how loud the idiotic anti-vaccine message is right now.  And it also shows how much in the minority those people are.

Thanks, I was about to link the same.

• All American
« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2021, 09:44:47 AM »
Thanks, I was about to link the same.

And I agree with you that the 80% figure is likely good enough.  At some point, we have to move on here.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #242 on: November 18, 2021, 09:58:22 AM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2021, 10:02:53 AM »

I appreciate the link, Sultan. Just what I was looking for. I've bookmarked it.

At some point, we have to move on here.

Move on from what? From caring that politicians keep trying to prevent private companies from protecting their employees and customers?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 10:05:46 AM by MU82 »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #244 on: November 18, 2021, 10:04:13 AM »

You don't live in his state, either. And yet you defend somebody who is willing to let people die or get seriously ill for purely political reasons, nu?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #245 on: November 18, 2021, 10:50:16 AM »
When are you going to turn the corner? When Fr. Fauci says its ok to breathe again? The vaccine has limited efficacy. Waitin' on effective, available therapeutics.
BTW, should Gov. DeSantis decide to pursue the presidency in 2024, FD Joe, Harris, or Mayor Pete can't beat him, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #246 on: November 18, 2021, 10:52:38 AM »
When are you going to turn the corner? When Fr. Fauci says its ok to breathe again? The vaccine has limited efficacy. Waitin' on effective, available therapeutics.
BTW, should Gov. DeSantis decide to pursue the presidency in 2024, FD Joe, Harris, or Mayor Pete can't beat him, hey?
When I stop doing CPR on the unvaxxed.

• All American
« Reply #247 on: November 18, 2021, 10:56:03 AM »
When are you going to turn the corner? When Fr. Fauci says its ok to breathe again? The vaccine has limited efficacy.

Something tells me that you don't understand "efficacy."

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/covid-19-vaccine-efficacy-and-effectiveness

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #248 on: November 18, 2021, 11:05:32 AM »

DeSantis had been hanging with Gaetz apparently.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #249 on: November 18, 2021, 11:12:03 AM »

How many people that you are connected to have died from COVID?  For me, between retirees who were once my friends, my relatives, parents of co-workers, and patients I have done CPR on, the number is in the upper teens.   

Yeah, it is irksome.  Still fatal.   Or with symptoms that don't leave. 

But if everyone had just submitted to authority, it would be far less.  Aina.