Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Pro Am Updates  (Read 18343 times)

Lighthouse 84

• All American
Re: Pro Am Updates
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2011, 04:48:29 PM »
I don't know if this has been asked or talked about before, but how did Vander get 30.5 pts. per game for the 2 Pro-
Am games so far?  Is he getting a ton of layups?  I'd settle for a third of that during the season.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2011, 05:00:56 PM »
I don't know if this has been asked or talked about before, but how did Vander get 30.5 pts. per game for the 2 Pro-
Am games so far?  Is he getting a ton of layups?  I'd settle for a third of that during the season.

No joke.  I'd care a lot less about his jump-shot form if he could consistently get to the hoop.  Hopefully he got a little stronger and got a little bit of confidence :)

jfmu

• Starter
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2011, 08:16:25 PM »
Wish DJO was playing in the Milwaukee Pro Am. This from twitter:

@rodgerbohn: Darius Johnson-Odom from Marquette putting on a show during warmups here @ncproam

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2011, 08:35:00 PM »
I'd rather have him play down there.  Do you see the players he is playing against?  (Although I don't see him on any roster.  Alternate?)

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2011, 11:06:18 PM »
30.5 points for Vander does not mean much. I am pretty sure he averaged close to that last year in pro am. Vander is physically stronger than he was last year at this time. Other than that his game has not shown as much improvement as the other returning MU players.

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2011, 11:22:01 AM »
Will there be videos put together this year like there was last session?
The "average fan" is an idiot.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2011, 12:11:37 PM »
I'd rather have him play down there.  Do you see the players he is playing against?  (Although I don't see him on any roster.  Alternate?)

Oops, looks like I noticed the same thing a little late, and in a different thread  :P

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2011, 03:57:47 PM »
30.5 points for Vander does not mean much. I am pretty sure he averaged close to that last year in pro am. Vander is physically stronger than he was last year at this time. Other than that his game has not shown as much improvement as the other returning MU players.

Disappointing but not surprising.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2011, 12:09:28 PM »

The number of blind, put-my-head-down-and-pray drives that ended in turnovers from Vander on Saturday would ignite a firestorm on this board if they showed up in a Big East game.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2011, 04:21:30 PM »
Disappointing but not surprising.
Just like all of your "contributions" to this message board. What were your stats when u played D-1 basketball at a Big East school?  Wait..let me guess..you never played ball at the D-1 level but are qualified to make disparaging remarks about a kids progress at MU?  Now that's how I define a hater. Hate on Hoopaloser.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2011, 04:29:14 PM »
Just like all of your "contributions" to this message board. What were your stats when u played D-1 basketball at a Big East school?  Wait..let me guess..you never played ball at the D-1 level but are qualified to make disparaging remarks about a kids progress at MU?  Now that's how I define a hater. Hate on Hoopaloser.

Good lord Ners....

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2011, 05:01:11 PM »

Ners, we're trying to get rid of the trash before the season starts, so beware the itchy ban finger.  This will be your last warning for name calling.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2011, 05:39:41 PM »
Ners, we're trying to get rid of the trash before the season starts, so beware the itchy ban finger.  This will be your last warning for name calling.

I feel like this post deserves the same gifs I posted before.

LA

• Starter
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2011, 06:14:13 PM »
Hate on Hoopaloser.

That is straight out of the old 6th grade trash talk playbook. I honestly agree with most of the things you say but your delivery really makes me question if you aren't 13....

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2011, 06:32:19 PM »
All due respect...speaking the truth about another poster, or should I say, poser - shouldn't be referred to as name calling or perceived as a negative. Essentially we have posters here who call out kids, coaches, admin, DPS, JUCO backgrounds, shooting form and every thing else under the sun - but then me calling out an anonymous poster here a "name" I should get banned??  Hell at least most of us have privacy here unless some are psycho enough to get IP address traces etc (which we know one super poster resorts to) to determine identity...yet fans here are allowed to take continual potshots at our players, coaches, admins etc BY NAME??

I don't know Hoopaloop from Adam...but the fact I called him a hater/loser makes me a bad guy here when the dude has about 43 posts of negativity toward MU??  I guess I'll never get it...censor someone who has great pride and appreciation for Marquette, yet give a platform to posters (so long as they don't call someone a name) they can continue to disparage most all things MU does/doesn't do??  Make me want to choke and pee myself...just like last years Sweet 16 team.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2011, 06:42:21 PM »
All he said was "disappointing but not surprising."

I went back and re-read all of his posts (not many of them) and he has hardly been one to rag on our players constantly.  In fact that one post is probably the most negative thing he has said about the basketball team.

You need to stop being the righteous defender of MU basketball.  They are big boys, they can take care of themselves.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2011, 07:09:25 PM »
Let me also add, that I don't think this board should be some "cheerleading" board for MU basketball.  I like healthy discussion.  I like the debate that generally goes on here.  And frankly, that is why I am a little disappointed that the mods gave Chicos a "lifetime" ban.  Yeah, he's obnoxious and frankly I doubt I would spend two seconds with him if I ever met him outside of here.

However, I liked the iconoclastic thoughts he brought to this group.  Then again, I am used to the old unmoderated days of usenet and rec.sport.basketball.college where pretty much anyone could say anything they wanted...and if you didn't like it, you ignored them.

But it also isn't my board to moderate.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2011, 07:13:54 PM »
I, for one, am looking forward to Chicos resurfacing. WTF, life's too short to stick one's dick out over such petty smack.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2011, 07:38:07 PM »
Let me also add, that I don't think this board should be some "cheerleading" board for MU basketball.  I like healthy discussion.  I like the debate that generally goes on here.  And frankly, that is why I am a little disappointed that the mods gave Chicos a "lifetime" ban.  Yeah, he's obnoxious and frankly I doubt I would spend two seconds with him if I ever met him outside of here.

However, I liked the iconoclastic thoughts he brought to this group.  Then again, I am used to the old unmoderated days of usenet and rec.sport.basketball.college where pretty much anyone could say anything they wanted...and if you didn't like it, you ignored them.

But it also isn't my board to moderate.

Wait a minute, did I miss a memo?  Chicos is banned?  For life?  WTF for?  Say it ain't so, Joe. If so, then I'm outta here.  For life.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2011, 08:03:38 PM »
I really think we should not ban people. However, people should be aware ot their attitudes when they post. Also, I do not think people should pretend to be an MU fan, if they are not one. I rarely post on UW site, but I follow two rules when I do. I always start out saying I am an MU fan and I try to only post what I believe are positive comments (they are not always taken that way, probably because I have already told them I am an MU fan). They are free to rip MU on their site as we are free to rip UW on our site. However, I have no respect for anyone of us going over there to rip them or any of them coming here to rip us. I find at times people misunderstand my posts, because they do not understand what I was thinking when I posted my comment. Misunderstanings often occur when a poster is trying to be sarcastic. Sometimes the sarcasism is understood between posters who are friends, but I basically do not know who you are and would not know you are being your usual sarcastic self. Sarcasim should be avoided. I have never used the ignore button and I rarely looked at posters names.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2011, 08:16:54 AM »
Enough about bans and cr@ppy attitudes.  How'd the guys look this weekend?  Who impressed, who didn't besides Vander (apparently for reasons stated above)?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2011, 09:12:24 AM »
You need to stop being the righteous defender of MU basketball.  They are big boys, they can take care of themselves.

+1

Regardless, Ners, you can't hope to fight every battle.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2011, 10:54:38 AM »
How'd the guys look this weekend?  Who impressed, who didn't besides Vander (apparently for reasons stated above)?

This is something I'd be interested in as well.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2011, 11:19:48 AM »
Enough about bans and cr@ppy attitudes.  How'd the guys look this weekend?  Who impressed, who didn't besides Vander (apparently for reasons stated above)?

I liked what I saw from Junior, O'tule, and the Wilsons. Junior was aggressive and assertive on both ends of the court and looked like he was the best player out there...definitely a leader. O'tule looks like he will be a beast on the defensive end. He appears to be in better shape and can see some more extended time on the court. Jamil Wilson is an athlete but still may be a year away from making any significant impact.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2011, 11:37:15 AM »
Jamil Wilson is an athlete but still may be a year away from making any significant impact.

Not what I hoped I'd hear.  Is he still hampered by a foot problem?  What gave you the feeling he might not be ready this year?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

feedback