[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Pro Am Updates  (Read 18325 times)

lurch91

• All American
Re: Pro Am Updates
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2011, 11:43:34 AM »
Will there be Pro-Am games the weekend of July 29th-30th?  I plan on being in Milwaukee for my Alumni Reunion, would be sweet if there some games to catch.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2011, 11:53:02 AM »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2011, 11:58:36 AM »
Jamil Wilson is an athlete but still may be a year away from making any significant impact.

Not saying you are wrong, but that runs counter to pretty much everything I have read on the Scout board about Jamil from this past weekend.  The words "might be best all-around player on this team" were used.

Also, the reports were pretty down on Jones - hung outside the three point line pretty much all night.  One report said that 95% of his shots were threes...

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2011, 12:10:03 PM »

Also, the reports were pretty down on Jones - hung outside the three point line pretty much all night.  One report said that 95% of his shots were threes...

This concerns me too. When I watched him in high school I thought he could be an inside/outside player (remember the ESPN highlight tip dunk?). At MU he's been content to hang out at the 3 point line, negating his strength and jumping ability.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2011, 01:35:50 PM »
This concerns me too. When I watched him in high school I thought he could be an inside/outside player (remember the ESPN highlight tip dunk?). At MU he's been content to hang out at the 3 point line, negating his strength and jumping ability.
Actually, he was attacking the hoop in the last few times he played in the 2010-2011 regular season and had a couple rally nice drives and O-rebounds.  Guess he is reverting in the Pro-Am.

muball

• Starter
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2011, 01:39:14 PM »
these games are not a real read on a player, I was sitting next to another d1 player and stated several times, Vander would dribble head down get double teamed and not pass out unless he could not shoot. Now u know why players are just shooting it when then touch the ball.

QuetteHoops

• Starter
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2011, 02:10:34 PM »
Jamil looked a little hampered by the foot, which i think made him float around the 3 pt line probably more then he normally would. That being said he oozes athleticism and I actually think he will be a key cog on the team this year on both offense and defense he's to good not to.

Junior can get to the lane at will, I just love his game and if you go back and look I was raving about him after last years pro-am obviously he didn't really come into his own until later in the year but i expect big things out of him this year.

Otule looks the part this year you can tell he put in work in the weight room but it doesn't seem like his offensive skills have developed all that much but his defense is what will keep him on the floor and I think he knows that.

Juan Anderson will be a stud by the time he leaves Marquette.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2011, 03:04:36 PM »

Not saying you are wrong, but that runs counter to pretty much everything I have read on the Scout board about Jamil from this past weekend.  The words "might be best all-around player on this team" were used.

I said early on that Butler would be a pro. Wilson has more talent than Butler. However, talent does not guarantee success, but I am expecting him to be the most exciting player on this year's team.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2011, 09:35:20 AM »
Wish there was more reporting on the players in the pro-am.  It seems that we've had a dry spell in recruiting and players news this year.  Apparently there's just not much happening period.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2011, 10:16:48 AM »
Wish there was more reporting on the players in the pro-am.  It seems that we've had a dry spell in recruiting and players news this year.  Apparently there's just not much happening period.

It was the same last summer.  Buzz plays it closer to the vest than our previous coach.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2011, 10:41:11 AM »
It was the same last summer.  Buzz plays it closer to the vest than our previous coach.

This line always has seemed to me like someone wrote it three years ago and people just regurgitate it without thought.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2011, 10:54:27 AM »
Jamil looked a little hampered by the foot, which i think made him float around the 3 pt line probably more then he normally would. That being said he oozes athleticism and I actually think he will be a key cog on the team this year on both offense and defense he's to good not to.

Take out the foot part, and it's the same thing I saw out of him last summer.  I've never seen a "soft" player play for Buzz...I hope he isn't the first because I don't think he'll be playing much.  If he ever looks anything like Butler going to the hoop, grabbing boards, or defending different positions his athleticism should allow him to be a heck of a player.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2011, 11:21:17 AM »
This line always has seemed to me like someone wrote it three years ago and people just regurgitate it without thought.

Buzz plays everything closer to the vest than TC did with his media hype machine.  I'm not sure how you can't see that.  Maybe you weren't following the program as closely back then?

IWB

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2011, 11:23:28 AM »

Not exactly true