[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129304 times)

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #7675 on: July 27, 2020, 09:06:09 PM »
After Private Party, At Least 17 UF Health Anesthesiologist Residents Contract Coronavirus

https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/post/after-private-party-least-17-uf-health-anesthesiologist-residents-contract-coronavirus

The UF Health outbreak illustrates the difficulties of stemming the spread of the pandemic, when even trained health care professionals can be sickened from a private party in Florida – one of the nation’s hot spots for the virus – after explicit warnings about the risks from social gatherings.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7676 on: July 27, 2020, 09:12:17 PM »
A San Francisco couple insisted on having 100 guests at their wedding, in violation of city restrictions.
You'll never believe what happened next.

https://www.newsweek.com/san-francisco-bride-groom-8-others-reportedly-test-positive-after-wedding-that-defied-covid-rules-1520809

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7677 on: July 27, 2020, 09:16:09 PM »
Guru ... I ask again, if the efficacy of HCQ were being denied or suppressed for political reasons, why is it not being used with great success in other countries?
Surely you don't believe places like Russia, Brazil and Israel are denying their people this wonder drug just to stick it to Trump.
So what's the deal?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7678 on: July 27, 2020, 11:03:59 PM »
After Private Party, At Least 17 UF Health Anesthesiologist Residents Contract Coronavirus

https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/post/after-private-party-least-17-uf-health-anesthesiologist-residents-contract-coronavirus

The UF Health outbreak illustrates the difficulties of stemming the spread of the pandemic, when even trained health care professionals can be sickened from a private party in Florida – one of the nation’s hot spots for the virus – after explicit warnings about the risks from social gatherings.

I love that UF tried to blame its non-responses on HIPAA, so the writer went  on to quote two HIPAA experts who explained that verifying the outbreak would not constitute a HIPAA violation. Bravo for thorough journalism.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #7679 on: July 27, 2020, 11:34:28 PM »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #7680 on: July 27, 2020, 11:36:54 PM »
Looks like guru is being manipulated.

https://twitter.com/myrmecos/status/1287916924052144129?s=21

Unfortunately it had over 14 million views on Facebook before Facebook took it down for false information. Two most highly viewed things on Facebook were this and "You don't need to wear a mask."

https://twitter.com/andymstone/status/1287927756412653569?s=19
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 11:38:48 PM by shoothoops »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #7681 on: July 28, 2020, 12:05:34 AM »
It’s a far leap to link this to covid.

That’s why I thought twice and decided not to post it. Unusual for me, huh?

If I had, Sultan would have been the first to criticize me. I won’t do the same to him because it really is a funny (pathetic) story. Can anyone here even imagine being that sick, that jealous of someone else?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #7682 on: July 28, 2020, 01:32:13 AM »
Of course...who wouldn't have guessed that all the same Radical left whack jobs that infiltrate these boards wouldn't immediately dismiss this as being bunk because they simply don't want to hear it. It's so freaking nauseating how none of you will EVEN consider an alternate opinion/theory simply because of your agendas against bad orange man, and that is ALL it is. It's like clockwork...if it's not what they want to believe(even though she's a doctor and we are just message board posters), bash, bash, bash and dismiss. Although Fluffy is the closest thing we have on these boards to Dr. Fauci...just ask him.

I'll ask you again - is anyone that dislikes Trump part of the "radical left"?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #7683 on: July 28, 2020, 07:29:49 AM »
https://youtu.be/wsSwzVomWhU

Let's not go full conspiracy theory here.  It's been about three or four weeks since additional local and state restrictions have been placed in some of the hotspots.  Furthermore, I get the impression that people are modifying their behavior and not engaging in as risky behavior.  For instance, the state of Wisconsin's numbers have levelled off and those are reported directly from the state. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #7684 on: July 28, 2020, 07:41:22 AM »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7685 on: July 28, 2020, 07:56:20 AM »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #7686 on: July 28, 2020, 08:01:26 AM »
Let's not go full conspiracy theory here.  It's been about three or four weeks since additional local and state restrictions have been placed in some of the hotspots.  Furthermore, I get the impression that people are modifying their behavior and not engaging in as risky behavior.  For instance, the state of Wisconsin's numbers have levelled off and those are reported directly from the state.

If I can't go full conspiracy theory, then what are we even doing here??

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7687 on: July 28, 2020, 08:04:54 AM »
And regarding that "foreign doctor" in the video guru shared yesterday:

A Houston doctor who praises hydroxychloroquine and says that face masks aren’t necessary to stop transmission of the highly contagious coronavirus has become a star on the right-wing internet, garnering tens of millions of views on Facebook on Monday alone. Donald Trump Jr. declared the video of Stella Immanuel a “must watch,” while Donald Trump himself retweeted the video.

Before Trump and his supporters embrace Immanuel’s medical expertise, though, they should consider other medical claims Immanuel has made—including those about alien DNA and the physical effects of having sex with witches and demons in your dreams.

Immanuel, a pediatrician and a religious minister, has a history of making bizarre claims about medical topics and other issues. She has often claimed that gynecological problems like cysts and endometriosis are in fact caused by people having sex in their dreams with demons and witches.

She alleges alien DNA is currently used in medical treatments, and that scientists are cooking up a vaccine to prevent people from being religious. And, despite appearing in Washington, D.C. to lobby Congress on Monday, she has said that the government is run in part not by humans but by “reptilians” and other aliens.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella-immanuel-trumps-new-covid-doctor-believes-in-alien-dna-demon-sperm-and-hydroxychloroquine?ref=home

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7688 on: July 28, 2020, 08:09:49 AM »

A Houston doctor who praises hydroxychloroquine and says that face masks aren’t necessary to stop transmission of the highly contagious coronavirus has become a star on the right-wing internet, garnering tens of millions of views on Facebook on Monday alone. Donald Trump Jr. declared the video of Stella Immanuel a “must watch,” while Donald Trump himself retweeted the video.

Before Trump and his supporters embrace Immanuel’s medical expertise, though, they should consider other medical claims Immanuel has made—including those about alien DNA and the physical effects of having sex with witches and demons in your dreams.

Immanuel, a pediatrician and a religious minister, has a history of making bizarre claims about medical topics and other issues. She has often claimed that gynecological problems like cysts and endometriosis are in fact caused by people having sex in their dreams with demons and witches.

She alleges alien DNA is currently used in medical treatments, and that scientists are cooking up a vaccine to prevent people from being religious. And, despite appearing in Washington, D.C. to lobby Congress on Monday, she has said that the government is run in part not by humans but by “reptilians” and other aliens.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella-immanuel-trumps-new-covid-doctor-believes-in-alien-dna-demon-sperm-and-hydroxychloroquine?ref=home

You know guru is right we are just so quick to shut him down because we don't wanna hear his narrative. I'd love to hear him expand on these other brilliant takes from such a wise doctor
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7689 on: July 28, 2020, 08:10:52 AM »
'Sex  in your dreams with demons and witches'?    Damn, even my dream sex life is boring.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #7690 on: July 28, 2020, 08:22:12 AM »
I would have hoped that alien DNA would have allowed me to do something cool like shoot lasers out of my eyes or something.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7691 on: July 28, 2020, 08:34:52 AM »
Quest Diagnostics press release this morning:

https://newsroom.questdiagnostics.com/COVIDTestingUpdates

Demand for our molecular diagnostic testing remains high as the virus has spread across much of the United States, particularly the South, Southwest and West. Persistent high demand has strained our testing capacity and extended delays for test results (turnaround time*). As a result, our average turnaround time for reporting test results is now over two days for our priority 1 patients** and 7 days for all other patients.

We expect that as our capacity continues to grow, we will be able to return to average turnaround times in the range of 1 day for priority 1 patients and 3 days for most other patients. We have steadily added capacity since we began to provide services in early March, but it will take time to add more.

----------

And notably, Quest, which makes $$$ from testing, reminds us of our personal responsibility to take steps to (hopefully) avoid the need to be tested:

The pandemic continues to surge across much of the United States. The only way that we as a country can flatten the curve is if each of us takes personal responsibility – by washing hands often, avoiding people who are sick, staying six feet away from others and wearing a mask in public. The CDC provides helpful information on steps individuals can take on its website.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 08:38:57 AM by GooooMarquette »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7692 on: July 28, 2020, 09:57:03 AM »
'Sex  in your dreams with demons and witches'?    Damn, even my dream sex life is boring.   
Dr. Stella's HCQ COVID cure is 100% effective, but a lot of people don't want to take it because an unfortunate side effect is eliminating your sex dreams with witches.

You know, maybe guru is right, though. Maybe the Radical left whack jobs are freaking nauseating for not seriously considering the excellent doctor's opinions on witches, succubi, and alien DNA.

Of course...who wouldn't have guessed that all the same Radical left whack jobs that infiltrate these boards wouldn't immediately dismiss this as being bunk because they simply don't want to hear it. It's so freaking nauseating how none of you will EVEN consider an alternate opinion/theory simply because of your agendas against bad orange man, and that is ALL it is. It's like clockwork...if it's not what they want to believe(even though she's a doctor and we are just message board posters), bash, bash, bash and dismiss. Although Fluffy is the closest thing we have on these boards to Dr. Fauci...just ask him.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #7693 on: July 28, 2020, 10:01:04 AM »
I learned of some new shortages over the weekend.  I went paddle boarding with the family on Long Island Sound.  Our acquaintance there said it's been a crazy year.  People were desperate to get out of the house and they were slammed with renters the begging of May and people had no problem going in the Sound despite the water still being cold in May.  Also said there is a paddle board and kayak shortage.  The manufacturers are way back ordered as everyone wants to purchase now and compounded by the factories being closed for awhile.  She normally sells the current year ones as used at the end of the season but can't this year because there's no guarantee there will be new ones available to replace by spring.  If any become available the manufacturers sell to the large store retailers like Dick's, but not not the small shops. 

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #7694 on: July 28, 2020, 10:35:59 AM »
I would have hoped that alien DNA would have allowed me to do something cool like shoot lasers out of my eyes or something.

You are confusing that with "Superhero DNA".  Not all aliens are superheros.  Plus not all of the DNA is alien.  Some of it is still human.

The average American with alien DNA probably only has a little buggier eyes,  mild telepathy,  and maybe, if they are lucky,  an extensive knowledge of the Alpha Centauri system.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #7695 on: July 28, 2020, 10:56:05 AM »
I learned of some new shortages over the weekend.  I went paddle boarding with the family on Long Island Sound.  Our acquaintance there said it's been a crazy year.  People were desperate to get out of the house and they were slammed with renters the begging of May and people had no problem going in the Sound despite the water still being cold in May.  Also said there is a paddle board and kayak shortage.  The manufacturers are way back ordered as everyone wants to purchase now and compounded by the factories being closed for awhile.  She normally sells the current year ones as used at the end of the season but can't this year because there's no guarantee there will be new ones available to replace by spring.  If any become available the manufacturers sell to the large store retailers like Dick's, but not not the small shops.

Not surprised to hear this.  Know some sporting goods companies have experienced quite a few out of stocks and shortages on a lot of equipment.  Golf courses have been slammed.  Tee times are scarce in the Milwaukee area.  To get a decent time or the time you want, you need to book a few days in advance at least
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #7696 on: July 28, 2020, 10:58:22 AM »

Honestly, the medical profession needs to do a better job of removing people who are clearly not mentally competent from practicing medicine.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7697 on: July 28, 2020, 11:00:46 AM »

Bike shops in my area have a months-long wait list for new bikes, and even getting parts to repair an old bike can take weeks.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #7698 on: July 28, 2020, 11:07:32 AM »
White House privately warns 11 cities must take “aggressive” action against coronavirus
https://publicintegrity.org/health/coronavirus-and-inequality/warning-from-birx-11-cities-must-take-coronavirus-aggressive-efforts/

Dr. Deborah Birx, a leader of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, warned state and local leaders in a private phone call Wednesday that 11 major cities are seeing increases in the percentage of tests coming back positive for COVID-19 and should take “aggressive” steps to mitigate their outbreaks.

The cities she identified were Baltimore, Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis, Las Vegas, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Orleans, Pittsburgh and St. Louis.

The call was yet another private warning about the seriousness of the coronavirus outbreaks given to local officials but not the public at large. It came less than a week after the Center for Public Integrity revealed that the White House compiled a detailed report showing 18 states were in the “red zone” for coronavirus cases but did not release it publicly.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #7699 on: July 28, 2020, 11:27:35 AM »
White House privately warns 11 cities must take “aggressive” action against coronavirus
https://publicintegrity.org/health/coronavirus-and-inequality/warning-from-birx-11-cities-must-take-coronavirus-aggressive-efforts/

Dr. Deborah Birx, a leader of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, warned state and local leaders in a private phone call Wednesday that 11 major cities are seeing increases in the percentage of tests coming back positive for COVID-19 and should take “aggressive” steps to mitigate their outbreaks.

The cities she identified were Baltimore, Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis, Las Vegas, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Orleans, Pittsburgh and St. Louis.

The call was yet another private warning about the seriousness of the coronavirus outbreaks given to local officials but not the public at large. It came less than a week after the Center for Public Integrity revealed that the White House compiled a detailed report showing 18 states were in the “red zone” for coronavirus cases but did not release it publicly.

She should have actually involved the cities in the phone call. According to the article, officials in Baltimore and Cleveland - 2 of the cities she named - did not participate in the call and knew nothing about this.

feedback