collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Kenosha  (Read 75140 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Kenosha
« Reply #500 on: August 30, 2020, 08:15:29 PM »
maybe it's just me, but 1) don't bring a skateboard to a gunfight and 2) chasing guys with AR's is not a good idea.   

That's what's wrong with this country these days. You can't even gun down a fellow citizen in public without some other people trying to chase you down for it
Also, what were they wearing? Probably something too revealing.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #501 on: August 30, 2020, 08:48:23 PM »
 They acted with courage and honor, trying to disarm a 17 year old with a borrowed AR-15.  rs mocks them for it.

Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #502 on: August 30, 2020, 10:04:38 PM »
Christians have raised $200,000 for their favorite murderer.

When will the real christians speak up? 

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #503 on: August 30, 2020, 10:11:09 PM »
nm

MU82

• All American
« Reply #504 on: August 30, 2020, 10:23:20 PM »
nm

I decided to agree with buck instead of lashing out. Thanks for being a good role model!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #505 on: August 30, 2020, 10:33:15 PM »
nm

I decided to agree with buck instead of lashing out. Thanks for being a good role model!

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #506 on: August 31, 2020, 12:03:19 AM »
nm

Maybe Buck can teach us all something.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #507 on: August 31, 2020, 07:35:36 AM »
Guess Who "liked" a tweet that lionizes new right-wing hero Kyle Rittenhouse?

https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1299327274710437888?campaign_id=56&emc=edit_cn_20200831&instance_id=21771&nl=on-politics-with-lisa-lerer&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=37208&te=1&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

Maybe on his campaign stop in Kenosha - the one Wisconsin does not want because it will further occupy law enforcement efforts that already are stretched thin - he can give the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Kyle.

Hey, gotta give the emperor credit for being darn good at shifting focus away from the 180K dead Americans on his watch.

Somehow, in his mind, the current anarchy in the streets in Trump's America "proves" that only he can prevent future anarchy in the streets.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #508 on: August 31, 2020, 08:10:34 AM »
Guess Who "liked" a tweet that lionizes new right-wing hero Kyle Rittenhouse?

https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1299327274710437888?campaign_id=56&emc=edit_cn_20200831&instance_id=21771&nl=on-politics-with-lisa-lerer&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=37208&te=1&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

Maybe on his campaign stop in Kenosha - the one Wisconsin does not want because it will further occupy law enforcement efforts that already are stretched thin - he can give the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Kyle.

Hey, gotta give the emperor credit for being darn good at shifting focus away from the 180K dead Americans on his watch.

Somehow, in his mind, the current anarchy in the streets in Trump's America "proves" that only he can prevent future anarchy in the streets.

Ah well....
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #509 on: August 31, 2020, 09:18:35 AM »
nm

I can't see what this is in reference to, but I'm guessing it is RS. I also wrote out a detailed point by point reply...then just deleted it, because it is just not worth it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #510 on: August 31, 2020, 09:18:57 AM »

Ah well....

I was going to lash out at a Scooper, one you have taken to task many times (as have I). I decided to not do so because others already made their points.

My most recent comment was on topic, fact-filled and not an attack on any of our fellow Scoopers.

But thanks for being the hall monitor, Sultan! Your service has been duly noted.

• All American
« Reply #511 on: August 31, 2020, 09:25:39 AM »
I was going to lash out at a Scooper, one you have taken to task many times (as have I). I decided to not do so because others already made their points.

My most recent comment was on topic, fact-filled and not an attack on any of our fellow Scoopers.

But thanks for being the hall monitor, Sultan! Your service has been duly noted.

No but it was full of the political BS that diminishes your point.  Absolutely no need for that.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #512 on: August 31, 2020, 09:28:45 AM »
Kenosha of course is an advertisement for police reform and gun reform.

It is also: Make America afraid of something other than COVID-19. Truth and logic are not important to those with this belief.

Portray oneself as “strong” even when incompetent, as opposed to the appearance of competent but weak. Some insecure people will follow this and be duped by this. Truth, facts, empathy, peace, are not perceived as “strong”, and when you don’t possess the other things, that’s what one chooses, damage doesn’t matter.

Reality is incompetence, hiding in bunkers, bowing down to dictators and corporate America, not exactly positions of strength.

Reality is that competence, empathy, productivity, etc...are positions of strength.

Some people have gone and are going to Kenosha this week to stoke the flames. We are rapidly approaching 200,000 COVID-19 deaths w/o a National plan for the Pandemic, the Economy, Healthcare, police reform, gun reform, etc...but we have talking tough and increased violence covered.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/blame-abc-news-finds-17-cases-invoking-trump/story?id=58912889&id=58912889&__twitter_impression=true

MU82

• All American
« Reply #513 on: August 31, 2020, 09:45:59 AM »
Kenosha of course is an advertisement for police reform and gun reform.

It is also: Make America afraid of something other than COVID-19. Truth and logic are not important to those with this belief.

Portray oneself as “strong” even when incompetent, as opposed to the appearance of competent but weak. Some insecure people will follow this and be duped by this. Truth, facts, empathy, peace, are not perceived as “strong”, and when you don’t possess the other things, that’s what one chooses, damage doesn’t matter.

Reality is incompetence, hiding in bunkers, bowing down to dictators and corporate America, not exactly positions of strength.

Reality is that competence, empathy, productivity, etc...are positions of strength.

Some people have gone and are going to Kenosha this week to stoke the flames. We are rapidly approaching 200,000 COVID-19 deaths w/o a National plan for the Pandemic, the Economy, Healthcare, police reform, gun reform, etc...but we have talking tough and increased violence covered.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/blame-abc-news-finds-17-cases-invoking-trump/story?id=58912889&id=58912889&__twitter_impression=true

Hopefully, the few voters who are still on the fence will see through this BS, and also will be able to vote despite the obvious attempts to at suppression.

What's happening in Kenosha has been a travesty. The situation desperately called for national leadership from somebody in the JFK or Reagan mold; instead, we got Jerry Springer.

• All American
« Reply #514 on: August 31, 2020, 09:46:55 AM »
I think the "law and order" tact would work better if Trump weren't the sitting president....and has been somewhat chaotic himself. 

As someone I follow summarized yesterday: “Joe Biden could end all riots immediately but won’t! Vote for Trump who hates riots and very much wants to stop them but is completely unable to.”

I just don't know if that will work.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #515 on: August 31, 2020, 10:00:53 AM »
I think the "law and order" tact would work better if Trump weren't the sitting president....and has been somewhat chaotic himself. 

As someone I follow summarized yesterday: “Joe Biden could end all riots immediately but won’t! Vote for Trump who hates riots and very much wants to stop them but is completely unable to.”

I just don't know if that will work.

Curious ... How could Biden "end all riots immediately"?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #516 on: August 31, 2020, 10:28:19 AM »

You're asking Sultan to crawl into Trump's brain and figure out how his fever dream state came up with the concept that Biden could stop all this? That seems a very mean thing to do to him(Sultan)
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #517 on: August 31, 2020, 10:32:03 AM »
Those arrested in Kenosha come from 44 different locations.

Starting to feel very much like Minneapolis in late May where slowly but surely we find many of the law breaking agitators came from outside the local community with the purpose of sowing chaos. I wonder where they get the idea to do these things?

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #518 on: August 31, 2020, 10:44:08 AM »

I saw the same tweet exchange. It came in response to Don Jr. saying something along the lines of "remember, Biden could have ended these riots weeks ago but chose not to."

Which is a weird statement (why cede to your opponent a power you clearly don't have?) and certainly detached from reality. Everyone I follow who participates in or actively supports the "protest movement" openly despises Biden and perhaps barely tolerates him at the most friendly.

But it's all an angle, namely: protesters = rioters = democrats = Biden is the campaign strategy now, and the logic connecting those points is kinda secondary to that end. Anecdotally it's working among the targeted suburban folks their aiming at.

• All American
« Reply #519 on: August 31, 2020, 10:50:58 AM »
I saw the same tweet exchange. It came in response to Don Jr. saying something along the lines of "remember, Biden could have ended these riots weeks ago but chose not to."

Which is a weird statement (why cede to your opponent a power you clearly don't have?) and certainly detached from reality. Everyone I follow who participates in or actively supports the "protest movement" openly despises Biden and perhaps barely tolerates him at the most friendly.

But it's all an angle, namely: protesters = rioters = democrats = Biden is the campaign strategy now, and the logic connecting those points is kinda secondary to that end. Anecdotally it's working among the targeted suburban folks their aiming at.

Right.  I guess we will have to see if this works long term.  Because I am not sure the same suburban voters are going to view Trump as the one who can fix these problems.

Let me add this.  My feeling is that a more sympathetic tone toward the victims of racial abuse, while also touting a "law and order" line, would go a LONG way to capturing those voters.  But simply focusing on the rioters / protestors, while ignoring what they are protesting about, doesn't seem to be the way to go here.

But really what do I know?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 10:54:37 AM by Fluffy Blue Monster »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #520 on: August 31, 2020, 11:18:29 AM »
Everyone I follow who participates in or actively supports the "protest movement" openly despises Biden and perhaps barely tolerates him at the most friendly.

Really? BLM and the like "despise" Biden? Interesting. I honestly wouldn't have guessed that. He's not very "despisable" IMHO, especially when compared to the alternative for protesters, so I'm a little surprised the feelings against Biden would be so strong.

As for anecdotal evidence ... The early post-convention polling has shown that the emperor has gotten little to no bump from his scorched-earth rhetoric. But it's a little too early to know the effect. Polls released after Labor Day should be more telling one would think.

Let me add this.  My feeling is that a more sympathetic tone toward the victims of racial abuse, while also touting a "law and order" line, would go a LONG way to capturing those voters.

Biden seems to be trying to do this. He even publicly challenged his opponent to do similar.

Ugh ... I can't believe we still have 9 weeks to go to this freakin' election.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #521 on: August 31, 2020, 11:42:45 AM »
Really? BLM and the like "despise" Biden? Interesting. I honestly wouldn't have guessed that. He's not very "despisable" IMHO, especially when compared to the alternative for protesters, so I'm a little surprised the feelings against Biden would be so strong.

As for anecdotal evidence ... The early post-convention polling has shown that the emperor has gotten little to no bump from his scorched-earth rhetoric. But it's a little too early to know the effect. Polls released after Labor Day should be more telling one would think.

Biden seems to be trying to do this. He even publicly challenged his opponent to do similar.

Ugh ... I can't believe we still have 9 weeks to go to this freakin' election.

To those plugged deeply into that movement, Biden represents a continuation of the neoliberal politics that have given rise to the dominance of the caceral state in all its inglory. Now, I think there's a reasonable number of them who will vote for him anyway, but there's no love for him among the activist set.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #522 on: August 31, 2020, 01:33:49 PM »
To those plugged deeply into that movement, Biden represents a continuation of the neoliberal politics that have given rise to the dominance of the caceral state in all its inglory. Now, I think there's a reasonable number of them who will vote for him anyway, but there's no love for him among the activist set.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I like to learn, and I learned something here ... including the word "caceral." Had to look it up!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #523 on: August 31, 2020, 01:47:15 PM »

Yep, to echo jficke, I know about a half dozen people in the early 30s demo who dislike Biden enough to even debate not voting for president period.  A few point to his history of voting on racial/social/criminal justice issues back in the 80s (which is kind of preposterous to me), while the rest just feel he is too moderate.  They were ardent Bernie supporters and AOC evangelists who were overjoyed when she endorsed Bernie at the DNC for whatever reason.  Any semblance of centrist/moderate politics, or the whiff of bipartisanship, and they are out on him. 

Now there are plenty of sensible dems/liberal voters who may not be thrilled with Biden, but will happily vote for him, but its not crazy to think that a good sized contingent of the vocal BLM/active protester sect shares the viewpoints mentioned above.  Its ironic that, even in the face of 4 more years of Trump, the moderate-ish stances of Biden that makes him tolerable/appealing to middle of the road voters or conservatives fed up with DJT, are what makes him so unpleasant to the outer reaches of his blue base.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #524 on: August 31, 2020, 02:00:19 PM »

Spot on, jficke.

I am not a big fan, but think he is the ideal man for the times. Hopefully, (considering his age), 1924 will be a time when young blood with more liberal ideas will step forward. But first, before we need to take bold steps, we need a return to normalcy and decency.