collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318431 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #2600 on: February 24, 2021, 08:41:02 PM »
  "Add in half+ the population who are staying at home, masking up, doing the right thing .. there's just not very many people COVID can easily infect."

with all due respect hill, staying at home & masking up? unless one is very compromised, just delaying the inevitable. someone has to go out sometime.  one could  asymptomatically carry it back to the hive and all bets are off.  masks are not a guarantee.  zinc, vitamin c, vitamin d, exercise, good diet, vaccine

Don’t forget hydroxy.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2601 on: February 24, 2021, 08:42:52 PM »
Don’t forget hydroxy.

hards?  is that you? 
don't...don't don't don't don't

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2602 on: February 24, 2021, 08:45:35 PM »
I think people have stopped gathering in groups since Christmas. Pretty simple explanation IMO.

You are living under a rock if you think this is true.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2603 on: February 24, 2021, 10:23:13 PM »
I think people have stopped gathering in groups since Christmas. Pretty simple explanation IMO.

That’s been the scenario for us. We went on a few walks and saw some friends outside and felt like it was the first time socializing in months.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2604 on: February 24, 2021, 11:33:48 PM »

i was gonna say the same-people are so done with the bs...hell the emmy award winning gold standard is playing strip poker and doing "pat downs".  ya gotta figure the one or two mask have to eventually come off also if they play according to the rules.  but social distancing part would defeat the whole purpose though, eyn'a?

isn't this all a fowski no-no?  well today it is, but since fredo is one of his team guys and paisan he'll give him a pass

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2605 on: February 25, 2021, 06:25:51 AM »
Honestly, I think it's less getting our act together and more .. COVID is running out of dry timber.   

561k positive tests to date .. probably more like 1.5m people have had it and didn't get tested, plus another 1.2m have had the vaccine .. that's 47% who COVID can't touch.

Add in half+ the population who are staying at home, masking up, doing the right thing .. there's just not very many people COVID can easily infect.

Por que no los dos? 
  hards?  is that you? 

Just say it doesn't work, rocket.  Make peace with it, and rejoin the rest of society.

• All American
« Reply #2606 on: February 25, 2021, 07:05:21 AM »
i was gonna say the same-people are so done with the bs...hell the emmy award winning gold standard is playing strip poker and doing "pat downs".  ya gotta figure the one or two mask have to eventually come off also if they play according to the rules.  but social distancing part would defeat the whole purpose though, eyn'a?

isn't this all a fowski no-no?  well today it is, but since fredo is one of his team guys and paisan he'll give him a pass

You should use a random word generator when you post.  It would make more sense.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #2607 on: February 25, 2021, 07:06:12 AM »

Maybe. Maybe not. I am basing it on anecdotal evidence and it logically makes sense.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2608 on: February 25, 2021, 07:36:12 AM »
zinc, vitamin c, vitamin d, exercise, good diet, vaccine
"Healthcare professional" strikes again.

New research looks at effectiveness of Zinc, Vitamin C in fighting off COVID-19
Updated

https://abc11.com/zinc-vitamin-c-covid-19-cure-all/10369437/

"Sorry to break it to you, but Zinc and Vitamin C aren't going to cure you of COVID-19.

With any sickness, somebody is sure to tell you that supplements like Zinc and Vitamin C are just the thing you need to kick that crud to the curb and get back to good health.

But new, quality research shows those supplements have no significant impact in reducing severity or duration of COVID-19.

"In this randomized control trial, which is the purest form of science out there, what we were able to show that Zinc, or Vitamin C, or the combination of the two, did not reduce disease severity in outpatients that are affected by COVID-19," Cleveland Clinic's Dr. Milind Desai said."
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2609 on: February 25, 2021, 07:41:36 AM »
"Healthcare professional" strikes again.

New research looks at effectiveness of Zinc, Vitamin C in fighting off COVID-19
Updated

https://abc11.com/zinc-vitamin-c-covid-19-cure-all/10369437/

"Sorry to break it to you, but Zinc and Vitamin C aren't going to cure you of COVID-19.

With any sickness, somebody is sure to tell you that supplements like Zinc and Vitamin C are just the thing you need to kick that crud to the curb and get back to good health.

But new, quality research shows those supplements have no significant impact in reducing severity or duration of COVID-19.

"In this randomized control trial, which is the purest form of science out there, what we were able to show that Zinc, or Vitamin C, or the combination of the two, did not reduce disease severity in outpatients that are affected by COVID-19," Cleveland Clinic's Dr. Milind Desai said."

Damn well that was a waste of a lot of zinc and vitamin C then. At least D3 isn't being questioned.
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2610 on: February 25, 2021, 08:17:38 AM »

Sometimes I wonder what in the world you're trying to say, and then I catch myself realizing I'm better off not knowing.  You're like a cartoon character who just utters jibberish and some characters play along with it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2611 on: February 25, 2021, 08:29:48 AM »
i don't believe i said "cure" but if i did, allow me to amend to diminish chances of getting covid or diminishing the severity of the symptoms. 

also, as with many issues, cures, remedies, snake oils, all things covid-19, this is an evolving medical issue.  we haven't had the proper and/or usual time to conduct double blinds with everything, so much of many of the antidotes or adjunctive treatments are somewhat anecdotal.  as usual, there are many studies out there that can support the cases for/against the treatments.  some doc observed different responses to treatments that they don't fully understand as well.  the reasons for the extra hype with zinc, vitamin c et.al. have to do with deductive reasoning as well as direct observations with some patients.  anti-inflammatory, pro-immune system etc 

this has been a unique and complicated virus thrust upon us but screaming for some kind of treatments NOW due to the pandemic affects.  some stuff worked on some while not on others.  timing of the treaments varied as well. 

my dad, should have died from covid(post stroke, heart failure, high blood pressure, lack of mobility, heart arrythmia, pacemakers,  and he should have suffered harsher side effects to the vaccine...but didn't.  supposedly healthy people have died.  these are the wide ranges of S & S's we are trying to make sense out of

• All American
« Reply #2612 on: February 25, 2021, 08:31:35 AM »
i don't believe i said "cure" but if i did, allow me to amend to diminish chances of getting covid or diminishing the severity of the symptoms. 

Literally the quote was:  ""In this randomized control trial, which is the purest form of science out there, what we were able to show that Zinc, or Vitamin C, or the combination of the two, did not reduce disease severity in outpatients that are affected by COVID-19," Cleveland Clinic's Dr. Milind Desai said."

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2613 on: February 25, 2021, 08:52:42 AM »
Damn well that was a waste of a lot of zinc and vitamin C then. At least D3 isn't being questioned.

Not so fast, my friend.

The study showed that zinc and Vitamin C didn't reduce the severity of the illness in confirmed cases. But it did not disprove the theory that they can help prevent a person who is exposed to the virus from getting sick in the first place.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2614 on: February 25, 2021, 09:21:33 AM »

also, as with many issues, cures, remedies, snake oils, all things covid-19, this is an evolving medical issue.  we haven't had the proper and/or usual time to conduct double blinds with everything, so much of many of the antidotes or adjunctive treatments are somewhat anecdotal.  as usual, there are many studies out there that can support the cases for/against the treatments.  some doc observed different responses to treatments that they don't fully understand as well.  the reasons for the extra hype with zinc, vitamin c et.al. have to do with deductive reasoning as well as direct observations with some patients.  anti-inflammatory, pro-immune system etc 

this has been a unique and complicated virus thrust upon us but screaming for some kind of treatments NOW due to the pandemic affects.  some stuff worked on some while not on others.  timing of the treaments varied as well. 

my dad, should have died from covid(post stroke, heart failure, high blood pressure, lack of mobility, heart arrythmia, pacemakers,  and he should have suffered harsher side effects to the vaccine...but didn't.  supposedly healthy people have died.  these are the wide ranges of S & S's we are trying to make sense out of

Well said.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2615 on: February 25, 2021, 09:42:37 AM »

Not so fast, my friend.

The study showed that zinc and Vitamin C didn't reduce the severity of the illness in confirmed cases. But it did not disprove the theory that they can help prevent a person who is exposed to the virus from getting sick in the first place.

So on a related note, should I stop taking zinc and vit C before my second vaccine March 10?
Maigh Eo for Sam

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2616 on: February 25, 2021, 09:52:45 AM »
So on a related note, should I stop taking zinc and vit C before my second vaccine March 10?

Make sure you get 9+ hours of sleep 3 days before and 3 days after. Seriously. It significantly impacts the body's immune response

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2617 on: February 25, 2021, 09:55:22 AM »
Make sure you get 9+ hours of sleep 3 days before and 3 days after. Seriously. It significantly impacts the body's immune response

I'll be sure to take my melatonin.
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2618 on: February 25, 2021, 10:13:20 AM »

Nope. You want to keep taking them for the same reason you want to get a good night's sleep - they bolster the immune system to promote a robust response to the vaccine.

It might result in you feeling crappy for about a day...but that's actually a sign that your body is building up a healthy immunity to the virus. And there's a good chance you might feel crappy after the second dose regardless....

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2619 on: February 26, 2021, 07:08:36 AM »

Not so fast, my friend.

thank you-this was probably the short version of what i was trying to say

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2620 on: February 26, 2021, 07:13:31 AM »
Well said.

thank you hard man!

btw way, getting vaccine #2 in about 2 hours-moderna-did not feel much of anything post #1.  not sure if it's related, but later the evening of #1, i was getting separate "shock-like" pulses in my elbow for a few hours that were absent upon waking the next morning-that's all

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2621 on: February 26, 2021, 07:43:25 AM »
thank you hard man!

btw way, getting vaccine #2 in about 2 hours-moderna-did not feel much of anything post #1.  not sure if it's related, but later the evening of #1, i was getting separate "shock-like" pulses in my elbow for a few hours that were absent upon waking the next morning-that's all

Good, glad to hear it!  I got Pfizer #2 about 10 days ago and had no noticeable side effects.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2622 on: February 26, 2021, 11:13:48 AM »
Surprised .. Mrs. Hilltopper is a teacher, and that group is green lit as of next Monday. 

Somehow, a student's parent works for a pharmacy and the school district got in touch.  The pharmacy offered and set up a clinic for the district's teachers, next week.

Sound totally lucky?  Yeah.  It's just crazy how these things are slap-dash rolled out.

• All American
« Reply #2623 on: February 26, 2021, 11:17:52 AM »
Surprised .. Mrs. Hilltopper is a teacher, and that group is green lit as of next Monday. 

Somehow, a student's parent works for a pharmacy and the school district got in touch.  The pharmacy offered and set up a clinic for the district's teachers, next week.

Sound totally lucky?  Yeah.  It's just crazy how these things are slap-dash rolled out.

Whatever works

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2624 on: February 26, 2021, 01:29:27 PM »

Great news, as long as the teachers don't all think they will get vaccinated immediately. I got my 1st shot Wednesday at Walgreens. The guy in charge said they only find out weekly how many doses, if any, that they will get that week. The obvious problem as we go along is that they have to make sure to have enough doses for 2nd shots first. So, if they get 200 doses next week, a good portion of those will go for 2nd shots.