collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318243 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #1350 on: June 05, 2020, 02:01:17 PM »
MU weighs in on Wisconsin's situation ..

https://www.marquette.edu/athletic-human-performance-research-center/documents/commentary-covid-masks.pdf

First bullet:

Wisconsin’s COVID-19 curve has not been flattened and the state now has one of the worst COVID-19 outbreaks in the nation

In terms of infections and/or positive tests...sure. But if those infections aren't resulting in hospitalization and/or deaths does it matter?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1351 on: June 05, 2020, 02:16:07 PM »
In terms of infections and/or positive tests...sure. But if those infections aren't resulting in hospitalization and/or deaths does it matter?

Hospitalizations sounds like the metric.
Connecticut had about 2,000 total hospitalizations for COVID-19 in mid to late April and it's down to 373 as of yesterday.
Does Wisconsin update that stat daily?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1352 on: June 05, 2020, 02:42:08 PM »
Hospitalizations sounds like the metric.
Connecticut had about 2,000 total hospitalizations for COVID-19 in mid to late April and it's down to 373 as of yesterday.
Does Wisconsin update that stat daily?

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/wisconsin

towards the bottom of the page.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1354 on: June 05, 2020, 03:00:17 PM »
Hospitalizations are low and look pretty stable in Wisconsin.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1355 on: June 05, 2020, 03:16:53 PM »
Hearing that Dane Co is not moving to phase 2 of the reopen plan next week, despite the county having met the requirements for phase 2 prior to phase 1 starting 2 weeks ago.  Follow the science,  aina.

Not official, but have a contact at the health dept.  Its all political, she said.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1356 on: June 05, 2020, 03:26:51 PM »
Hearing that Dane Co is not moving to phase 2 of the reopen plan next week, despite the county having met the requirements for phase 2 prior to phase 1 starting 2 weeks ago.  Follow the science,  aina.

Not official, but have a contact at the health dept.  Its all political, she said.

CT just moved our phase 2 up.  Suck it WI!   

Well I guess it was only three days—6/17 instead of the 20th.  Carry on WI. 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1357 on: June 05, 2020, 06:58:48 PM »

Has nothing to do with infection rates going up.

Yeah, that’s the ticket.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1358 on: June 05, 2020, 07:11:42 PM »

And it's official.   This is a county that set clear expectations, met them 2 weeks ago and are now just playing politics.  Sad.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1359 on: June 05, 2020, 08:12:59 PM »
And it's official.   This is a county that set clear expectations, met them 2 weeks ago and are now just playing politics.  Sad.
don't...don't don't don't don't

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #1360 on: June 05, 2020, 08:54:51 PM »
WI had over 400 in hospitals due to covid on 4/9 has been downward since.  Stands at 352 today

https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/hosp-data.htm

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1361 on: June 06, 2020, 08:15:44 AM »

Serious BS there. Godspeed ZFB, the mop bucket will be waiting for you.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #1362 on: June 06, 2020, 03:09:27 PM »
Don’t know how many times I have to post this, but the Wisconsin hospital association has updates daily with ICU numbers as well

https://www.wha.org/COVID19Update

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1363 on: June 06, 2020, 06:09:52 PM »
Serious BS there. Godspeed ZFB, the mop bucket will be waiting for you.

Tell me what is bs.  Dane co set out a series of requirements,  those metrics were achieved, ( we were qualified for phase 2 before phase 1 even started) and they are still playing politics.   DPT's numbers  from the WHA and Dane county's own reportings confirm that.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #1364 on: June 07, 2020, 02:10:20 PM »
Tell me what is bs.  Dane co set out a series of requirements,  those metrics were achieved, ( we were qualified for phase 2 before phase 1 even started) and they are still playing politics.   DPT's numbers  from the WHA and Dane county's own reportings confirm that.

I do agree with the phased re-opening, however find it strange that they force businesses to wait 3 days to go to the next phase. I’m sure most businesses have been planning out these phases for at least a month and could build out whatever, whenever they wanted to.

The cynic in me thinks it has something weird to do with school ending or graduations, where the schools wouldn’t have to meet some obligation if they were allowed to re-open under the phase. So they go to phase 2 after school ends on Wednesday.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1365 on: June 07, 2020, 03:15:07 PM »
I do agree with the phased re-opening, however find it strange that they force businesses to wait 3 days to go to the next phase. I’m sure most businesses have been planning out these phases for at least a month and could build out whatever, whenever they wanted to.

The cynic in me thinks it has something weird to do with school ending or graduations, where the schools wouldn’t have to meet some obligation if they were allowed to re-open under the phase. So they go to phase 2 after school ends on Wednesday.

Possible but the governor's original order closed school the rest of the year and the WI Supreme court upheld that decision.  Schools are closed until June 30 statewide.

My opinion, they want to see how many cases come out of the protest marches.  Extending phase 1 gives more time for infection and testing to happen.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1366 on: June 08, 2020, 12:08:20 PM »
She seems nice...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=90&v=_DyiZVSEFI4&feature=emb_logo

"Shorewood woman spits on protester"
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1367 on: June 08, 2020, 02:56:33 PM »
She seems nice...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=90&v=_DyiZVSEFI4&feature=emb_logo

"Shorewood woman spits on protester"

Yeah, that Shorewood story is a hoot.  64 year old, lawyer, potentially mentally ill.  Spits on protester, arrested.  The next day, the protesters come to her house, chant, draw on her sidewalk "Racist lives here" .. not sure why the police are called but the 64 year old knees a cop in the family jewels and gets arrested for the 2nd time in two days.

That's a rough weekend.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1368 on: June 08, 2020, 03:06:33 PM »
The trolling worked.    For the entertainment of all.    Except the officer with the sore groin.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1369 on: June 10, 2020, 10:52:05 AM »
Big spike in Winnebago County that is being traced to social events over the Memorial Day weekend.  They are emphsizing that much of positive tests are coming from 20-29 year olds.  What isn't being shared publically, but is making the rounds privately, is that they believe many of these are UW-Oshkosh students living off campus for the summer.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #1370 on: June 10, 2020, 01:28:10 PM »
Big spike in Winnebago County that is being traced to social events over the Memorial Day weekend.  They are emphsizing that much of positive tests are coming from 20-29 year olds.  What isn't being shared publically, but is making the rounds privately, is that they believe many of these are UW-Oshkosh students living off campus for the summer.
The data seems off with the report from the news according to the link below.  Biggest jump in cases came a week after memorial day.  So when will the protest numbers start to hit? Also just 13 cases in a hospital.  I take it as good news we see a spike but yet just 13 in the hospital

https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/county.htm

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1371 on: June 10, 2020, 02:36:49 PM »
The data seems off with the report from the news according to the link below.  Biggest jump in cases came a week after memorial day.  So when will the protest numbers start to hit? Also just 13 cases in a hospital.  I take it as good news we see a spike but yet just 13 in the hospital

13 cases where?  Just the county?  .. As of June 9, there were 331 cases in the hospital for WI.

https://projects.jsonline.com/topics/coronavirus/tracking/covid-19-cases-testing-and-deaths-in-wisconsin.html

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1372 on: June 10, 2020, 03:36:57 PM »

We'd see infection rates start going up by the start of next week if correlated to the protests and we'd see hospitalizations go up starting the end of next week. Any protest spread would also have a long tail (increasing infection rates) due to secondary and tertiary infections. So if there was significant spread during the protests we'll see a ton of downstream infections a month from now. If the spread at protests was minimal we'll probably see an increase but not something remarkable a month out.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1373 on: June 10, 2020, 03:42:23 PM »
We'd see infection rates start going up by the start of next week if correlated to the protests and we'd see hospitalizations go up starting the end of next week. Any protest spread would also have a long tail (increasing infection rates) due to secondary and tertiary infections. So if there was significant spread during the protests we'll see a ton of downstream infections a month from now. If the spread at protests was minimal we'll probably see an increase but not something remarkable a month out.

This is all grim talk, but I’m watching Houston.  Early opener economically, Seeing upticks in the hospitals and there were protests.  Probably going to help the country know where the balance point is. 

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #1374 on: June 10, 2020, 03:47:51 PM »
13 cases where?  Just the county?  .. As of June 9, there were 331 cases in the hospital for WI.

https://projects.jsonline.com/topics/coronavirus/tracking/covid-19-cases-testing-and-deaths-in-wisconsin.html

yes the county