'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Luke Fischer transferring from I4  (Read 83280 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Like Fischer transferring from I4
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2013, 07:46:22 PM »
Can TC do that? And even if he can, would he want the PR hit?

I thought coaches could still dictate conditions of release and transfer.  Maybe things have changed. My understanding of the Big Ten rule is the kid could transfer to another Big Ten school but must sit out a year and lose a year of eligibility, but that a coach could still block him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/58173/big-ten-makes-changes-to-transfer-rule

In terms of PR hit, I'm not sure he cares. 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2013, 07:47:40 PM »
In terms of PR hit, I'm not sure he cares. 

Well, after the Michigan game last year his reputation is pretty much shot so I guess he wouldn't...

Death on call

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2013, 07:48:38 PM »
Would be AWESOME if we were able to get him. Lots of PT available for him whenever he can play (and Pierce) right away with Oxtule gone next year.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2013, 07:48:48 PM »
If picking up Fischer means that Stone doesn't come to MU, would you still want Fischer?    

Fisher would be a junior eligibility when Stone is a freshman.  Pierce would be a soph.  As many on this board have said Stone has to figure he is good enough to start anywhere.  I would think he and Fisher have different playing styles.  Fisher could move over to the PF (wasn't he playing some of that at I4).  Many programs have 3 center/pfs.  I don't think it would necessarily scare off Stone.  Who knows if Pierce doesn't seem to be ready as a freshman maybe he redshirts as a soph assuming Stone won't be here all 4 anyway.  Lots of options.  Good problem to have.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2013, 07:51:47 PM »
So, Luke Fischer.   Does scoop nation want him if his presence means Stone goes elsewhere?

Didn't even think of that. Maybe Fischer can play the four in a very big lineup at times? He can hold his own on the perimeter. This is assuming we land Stone.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2013, 07:54:46 PM »
I'm hoping TC tells madison to stick it.
He most definitely will  as much as he can. They HATE each other with a passion. Bo pulled a Wes Welker last year to perfection. Crean hates being called "Tommy" and during a post-game interview last year when the Badgers upset I4, Bo called Crean "Tommy" more than a few times, "Tommy has a great squad. . .", "It's always tough to play at Tommy's place," etc. Conversely, when Crean was at MU everyone knew not to wear red. Crean also wouldn't let Mike Kelley come to shootarounds even when he was just announcing and the opponent wasn't Bucky. I hope the bad blood benefits us. My son told me about Fisher earlier today and I immediately thought, "crap, he's going to go to WI with his buddies Decker and Showalter." It would be huge if we could land him -- I would take him over the chance of landing Stone any day. He is a good defender and runs the floor well -- far superior to Otule IMO.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2013, 07:57:23 PM »
Well, after the Michigan game last year his reputation is pretty much shot so I guess he wouldn't...

Was that the one were IU won the Big Ten title on meatchicken's home court?  I vaguely remember it....some guy cheating for IU under Sampson now on the meatchicken staff of something?   ;)

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2013, 08:12:28 PM »
Crean's tenure at MU in pictures

PS:  Crean didn't talk to MU brass until after this spectacle.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2013, 08:19:59 PM »
I don't think blocking a transfer to another B10 school would lead to negative PR. 

I thought it was standard procedure to block a kid from transferring to a school in the same conference.  The Uthoff negative PR was because Bo blocked not only the B10, but the entire ACC, ISU (for some reason), and I think Florida, too.  That was ridiculous. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2013, 08:46:28 PM »
Crean's tenure at MU in pictures

Those are good, here are few others...hope we get back there some day

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2013, 08:53:09 PM »
eat it, mofos.  Don't doubt ZFB.

Keefe, I have 6 "toes" on my left foot, but only because my johnson is so big that I have to keep it in my socks for warmth and my shoe for protection.

To all those with a beef with ZFB, the best way to beat him in a fight is to kick him in the shin.  The only trick is to figure out which one.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2013, 08:56:37 PM »
How is it possible you guys can't move on? What is it going to take to stop this childish behavior?

I don't know much about Luke, but I agree with the contingent that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I'd hate to miss out on a five star, but college ball seems so hit or miss, I don't see how you pass on a kid where you have DI experience as a barometer.
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2013, 09:05:45 PM »
Willie!  Are you watching?!  Buzz is listening to you!  We have Pierce coming on board, and now we may get Fischer, a 7' from Europe or somewhere, Ellenson, and Stone!  In 2 years we could have 5/13 scholarships to guys 6'9" or taller!  Yippee!

I don't think blocking a transfer to another B10 school would lead to negative PR.  

I thought it was standard procedure to block a kid from transferring to a school in the same conference.  The Uthoff negative PR was because Bo blocked not only the B10, but the entire ACC, ISU (for some reason), and I think Florida, too.  That was ridiculous.  

Fairly certain he blocked MU as well.

Was that the one were IU won the Big Ten title on meatchicken's home court?  I vaguely remember it....some guy cheating for IU under Sampson now on the meatchicken staff of something?   ;)

Yeah, then Meatchicken went on to play in a National Championship while Tommy's top ranked Hoosiers lost in the S16.  Someone came out on top in that one.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2013, 09:06:45 PM »

I think since Uthoff paid his own way at Iowa for a year, that he will have three full years.  So Fisher could transfer to UW...pay for three semesters...and have 2.5 years eligible.  (I think)

Uthoff will have three full years because he didn't use any eligibility at Wisconsin because he redshirted his year there.  So, he still has three years after paying the one year eligibility penalty for transfer within the B10.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2013, 09:15:45 PM »

'twas but a crap shoot, no?

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2013, 09:26:59 PM »
Harris isn't official yet.   Right now, Hill, Cohen, Pierce, Shaylok are the 4 who have signed the LOI's.   Also, if history is an indicator of future, there will be roster transition.

Really, Satchel Pierce signed?  I saw that he had committed, but I never saw that he actually signed.  ESPN has him listed as committed, but not signed.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2013, 09:29:41 PM »

Death on call

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2013, 09:32:15 PM »
FOR GOD'S SAKE TAKE HIM! We keep all the talent around Milwaukee area and we will have a good team & chemistry. Now if Tokoto and Looney would think that way. Cohen and Noskowiak,
Pritzl and hopefully Stone and Ellenson.

Pritzl?  Is he established as a high major talent yet?

Ellenson?  Talent around Milwaukee area?  I really hope that the Milwaukee area extends that far.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2013, 09:37:53 PM »
Willie!  Are you watching?!  Buzz is listening to you!  We have Pierce coming on board, and now we may get Fischer, a 7' from Europe or somewhere, Ellenson, and Stone!  In 2 years we could have 5/13 scholarships to guys 6'9" or taller!  Yippee!

If Buzz wants 'em, they must be switchables.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2013, 09:39:37 PM »
So, Luke Fischer.   Does scoop nation want him if his presence means Stone goes elsewhere?
I would not wait on Stone. Buzz is not waiting on him either. He just offered a center from Europe. So Buzz is planning on having a scholarship available for 2014.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 09:41:51 PM by bilsu »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2013, 09:42:15 PM »
Look out Comrades, we could start Stone, Ellenson, Fischer, Paige, and Heldt. Big man's game, baby!
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2013, 09:44:20 PM »
Look out Comrades, we could start Stone, Ellenson, Fischer, Paige, and Heldt. Big man's game, baby!

We need a point guard!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2013, 09:47:08 PM »
Why? Seems to be workin' out fine now.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2013, 09:50:11 PM »
Why? Seems to be workin' out fine now.

Well, no games lost to condensation, yet.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2013, 09:56:09 PM »
Well, no games lost to condensation, yet.

Unlike condescension?

Death on call

feedback