collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Close to Home Reports  (Read 70003 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Close to Home Reports
« Reply #375 on: November 16, 2020, 05:25:57 PM »
I am currently in quarantine until this Saturday, my 8th grade son tested positive on Saturday the 7th. We are fortunate to have  a lake house, so he and my wife went there as soon as we got the positive test result for him. My wife has been feeling like crap the last few days, got tested today even though she feels better today than yesterday and the day before. My son is feeling better but still just feels tired, but no real symptoms anymore.

I'm quarantined with our 3 other kids, we all got tested, so far we have results for me and my sophomore daughter. Both negative so that's a relief. Waiting for results from my two youngest assuming they will be negative too.

I had an aunt die of Covid a few months ago, my close friend's dad just died from Covid about two weeks ago. This virus is just scary due to how unpredictable it is. Good luck everyone. stay safe, wear your mask.

Get better soon, Tort, and that goes for your entire family.

This is such an insidious virus. Sad to hear about your aunt.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #376 on: November 16, 2020, 05:35:48 PM »
Good luck to everyone
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #377 on: November 16, 2020, 08:24:09 PM »
Anyone testing positive or please get well soon. 

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #378 on: November 16, 2020, 08:29:42 PM »
Yes.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #379 on: November 16, 2020, 09:34:37 PM »
I had some leftover strains (hip glut very tight) from golf season.   After the physical therapist stretched me out for a week, feels better.  Then I get call 11/09/20, the therapist tested positive.    We both were masked at the time, but i had to get tested.    Thank God today tested negative.

I went to church on 11/1, Chicago archdiocese so there are protocols in place. Got the dreaded email notification 11/7 that someone tested positive, cancelled outdoor plans for that evening and got tested 11/8, negative 11/10.
I think helping with hospitality actually worked well for me, as I stood in the back after everyone checked in, at least 30 feet away from the nearest person.

Please stay quarantined for the entire 14 days. A negative test could both be a false negative, or simply that you are still in the incubation period.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #380 on: November 16, 2020, 10:02:57 PM »
I’m done with the fourteen days, so think all is well. My neighbor kindly bought milk and juice for me, which was all I actually needed from the store.
I’ll admit to taking solo walks though once I got the result. But not anywhere where I couldn’t cross the street to avoid anyone, and it was very early so people wouldn’t be around. I even avoided our neighborhood parkway gathering on one of those nice days.

I was worried more because during the week before getting the email, I had done walks with several different people, though we stay masked and distanced.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #381 on: November 16, 2020, 10:38:05 PM »
I had looked up the definition of ‘casual exposure’’, which is what the email said had occurred, and while it didn’t state to get a test, I did for my peace of mind.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #382 on: November 17, 2020, 10:06:02 AM »
I had some leftover strains (hip glut very tight) from golf season.   After the physical therapist stretched me out for a week, feels better.  Then I get call 11/09/20, the therapist tested positive.    We both were masked at the time, but i had to get tested.    Thank God today tested negative.

Great news!  We have a friend who is a massage therapist who has been seeing clients.  So far so good, and no one has gotten it.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #383 on: November 18, 2020, 08:33:12 AM »
My mom went into the dr yesterday cause she has been struggling with her breathing and just not feeling good.  Dr said it was just her copd flair up and she needs to get out of the house more and get fresh air.  The dr also said who knows you could have had covid a few weeks ago and that caused this flair up.  She then asked my mom if she wanted a covid test.  Said if she was positive on the rapid test (nasal swab done in about 20-30 minutes) she would get the same drug trump got.  The dr said that drug has been proven to be very effective against covid and would help her after about an hour of iv treatment.

So test was negative but they are running it through the more detailed test which will take a few days to get back.  She said the rapid test is pretty accurate and she would be shocked if it came back positive

Now I am completely confused on testing and meds for covid.  I thought tests were hard to come by and you had to wait hours in line?  All I have heard is tests are not available at clinics. (my daughter had an ear infection and they said if she wanted a covid test they could schedule one for her and sent her to a drive up or the hospital to get it done)
When did we get rapid tests out there for non athletes?  If this trump drug is so effective why in the world is it not being mass produced and saving lives all over the world.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #384 on: November 18, 2020, 08:45:28 AM »
My mom went into the dr yesterday cause she has been struggling with her breathing and just not feeling good.  Dr said it was just her copd flair up and she needs to get out of the house more and get fresh air.  The dr also said who knows you could have had covid a few weeks ago and that caused this flair up.  She then asked my mom if she wanted a covid test.  Said if she was positive on the rapid test (nasal swab done in about 20-30 minutes) she would get the same drug trump got.  The dr said that drug has been proven to be very effective against covid and would help her after about an hour of iv treatment.

So test was negative but they are running it through the more detailed test which will take a few days to get back.  She said the rapid test is pretty accurate and she would be shocked if it came back positive

Now I am completely confused on testing and meds for covid.  I thought tests were hard to come by and you had to wait hours in line?  All I have heard is tests are not available at clinics. (my daughter had an ear infection and they said if she wanted a covid test they could schedule one for her and sent her to a drive up or the hospital to get it done)
When did we get rapid tests out there for non athletes?  If this trump drug is so effective why in the world is it not being mass produced and saving lives all over the world.

The people who are waiting so long in line are generally for the free, community wide testing.  Symptomatic testing at clinics (especially in Wisconsin) are pretty decent for the most part.  Rapid testing has been around for awhile.  It is been rolled out at all the UW schools for instance.  But it's antigen testing that isn't 100% accurate and produces false negatives, which is why they followed up with the lab-based PCR test.

And whatever "Trump drug" you are talking about is being mass produced and given to people who are struggling with Covid.  Who said otherwise?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 08:47:06 AM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #385 on: November 18, 2020, 08:46:08 AM »

First off, I wish your mom well.

Maybe for testing that doctor got an early version of the Lucira technology that was approved by the FDA yesterday?

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-authorizes-first-covid-19-test-self-testing-home

Regarding drugs that trump got

Dexamethasone - A steroid that will increase your blood ox level if you're on a ventilator. Studies imply it will do more harm than good in people with milder covid cases

Remdesivir - Covid treatment approved in late August. Only available in hospitals. Only authorized for people on ventilators or with low blood ox levels.

Regeneron's monoclonal antibody - Still in clinical trials. Pretty controversial that they gave it to the president

Deaths have been a little lower nationwide as we've gotten better at treating this thing. Science still takes a while, though.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #386 on: November 18, 2020, 08:56:20 AM »
First off, I wish your mom well.

Maybe for testing that doctor got an early version of the Lucira technology that was approved by the FDA yesterday?

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-authorizes-first-covid-19-test-self-testing-home

Regarding drugs that trump got

Dexamethasone - A steroid that will increase your blood ox level if you're on a ventilator. Studies imply it will do more harm than good in people with milder covid cases

Remdesivir - Covid treatment approved in late August. Only available in hospitals. Only authorized for people on ventilators or with low blood ox levels.

Regeneron's monoclonal antibody - Still in clinical trials. Pretty controversial that they gave it to the president

Deaths have been a little lower nationwide as we've gotten better at treating this thing. Science still takes a while, though.

Thaks for the info my mom just refered to it as the trump drug, so not sure what it was.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #387 on: November 18, 2020, 09:07:25 AM »
Thaks for the info my mom just refered to it as the trump drug, so not sure what it was.

Lol, same as talking to my relatives.

The doctor of a friend in Ohio is still prescribing prophylactic hydroxychloroquine saying that it's very effective, I'm assuming he believes that because of partisan politics. I suppose we should require recertification tests for doctors. It's hard enough being an advocate for your own health if you're super informed, much less so as you get older or havent' kept up with things.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #388 on: November 18, 2020, 09:49:36 AM »

The one hour IV suggests he was referring to Regeneron, Eli Lilly's monoclonal, or Remdesivir. Since she wasn't hospitalized, that would suggest one of the monoclonals.

Very hard to get at the moment, which makes me wonder how your mom's doctor would be able to claim she would get it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #389 on: November 18, 2020, 10:18:44 AM »
Update... Still symptomatic.   Intermittently feverish.    Pain relievers now able manage body aches.   Low energy.   Everything tastes like crap.

Wife got tested yesterday.   Now symptomatic.   Just waiting for the confirmation.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #390 on: November 18, 2020, 10:21:30 AM »
Update... Still symptomatic.   Intermittently feverish.    Pain relievers now able manage body aches.   Low energy.   Everything tastes like crap.

Wife got tested yesterday.   Now symptomatic.   Just waiting for the confirmation.

Do you feel like you're on the mend yet or still getting worse/no change?
Maigh Eo for Sam

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #391 on: November 18, 2020, 10:27:45 AM »

Sorry to hear you are still symptomatic and that your wife is also now symptomatic.

I've heard the body aches can be terrible.

Wishing you well, and will keep your family in my prayers.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #392 on: November 18, 2020, 10:29:20 AM »
Not getting worse.   The ibuprofen/acetominophen cycling when I feel the fever kicking in certainly helps with the headache and body aches.  Was able to have a window where I felt good enough for a walk, which was pleasant.     But I spent an hour yesterday afternoon and another hour overnight with fever shakes waiting for the meds to kick in.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #393 on: November 18, 2020, 11:31:09 AM »
Not getting worse.   The ibuprofen/acetominophen cycling when I feel the fever kicking in certainly helps with the headache and body aches.  Was able to have a window where I felt good enough for a walk, which was pleasant.     But I spent an hour yesterday afternoon and another hour overnight with fever shakes waiting for the meds to kick in.

I was going to say something about months-ago knowledge that ibuprofen makes covid worse, but that's been disproven. In case someone else wasn't up to date like I wasn't:

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/09/nsaids-ibuprofen-not-tied-severe-covid-19-death

tower912

• All American
« Reply #394 on: November 18, 2020, 11:46:29 AM »
I look forward to a link from PA2 that he claims says the opposite but actually says the same thing.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #395 on: November 18, 2020, 01:24:45 PM »
Glad to hear you aren't getting worse, tower. Hope you start improving noticeably very soon. And best to the missus on her illness.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #396 on: November 18, 2020, 06:19:27 PM »
Hope you both start feeling better tower.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #397 on: November 18, 2020, 08:31:00 PM »
Thank you.   Me, too.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #398 on: November 18, 2020, 08:39:01 PM »
Does not sound fun, my friend. Keep getting better - and that’s an order!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #399 on: November 18, 2020, 08:43:10 PM »
Hope you both start feeling better tower.

Yes - best wishes for recovery to you and your wife

feedback