collapse

* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129849 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #8900 on: November 09, 2020, 12:57:57 PM »
HUD Secretary Ben Carson tested positive for COVID-19.

He attended the White House Event Tuesday.
Twats and pears for Ben.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8901 on: November 09, 2020, 01:49:08 PM »
HUD Secretary Ben Carson tested positive for COVID-19.

He attended the White House Event Tuesday.

Continuing to set an example for POTUS' followers....

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8902 on: November 09, 2020, 02:10:16 PM »
Biden adds vaccine official fired by Trump to his Covid-19 panel

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11/09/world/covid-19-coronavirus-live-updates?type=styln-live-updates&label=virus&index=0&action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage#biden-adds-vaccine-official-fired-by-trump-to-his-covid-19-panel

President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr. named Dr. Rick Bright, a former top vaccine official in the Trump administration who submitted a whistle-blower complaint to Congress, as a member of a Covid-19 panel to advise him during the transition, officials announced Monday.

Dr. Bright, who was ousted as the head of a federal medical research agency, told lawmakers that officials in the government had failed to heed his warnings about acquiring masks and other supplies. He said that Americans died from the virus because of the Trump administration’s failure to act.

“Lives were endangered, and I believe lives were lost,” Dr. Bright, the former director of the Department of Health and Human Services’s Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, told a House subcommittee in May.

Mr. Biden’s decision to put Dr. Bright on his advisory panel is intended to send a signal that the incoming administration intends to confront the virus — which is surging across the country — in a very different way than President Trump, who sought to largely push responsibility onto states.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8903 on: November 09, 2020, 02:12:48 PM »
Gentlemen, it is important to care about Ben Carson.    Because you never know when the virus will come for you.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8904 on: November 09, 2020, 02:14:17 PM »

Said leadership doesn’t change for 70+ days. It’s going to be much worse by then.

And even then, half the country isn’t going to listen to him anyway.

As I said, new leadership can't hurt.

I fear that what GB Warrior said also will be true ... that the emperor, who already has proven that he simply no longer cares about the coronavirus -- and about how many Americans are infected with it and/or die from it -- will actively work to make things as bad as possible before Jan. 20.

Oh, and congrats to 'Murica. Hit the 10 million case mark today. Masks is for chumps, social distancing am for loozers.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8905 on: November 09, 2020, 02:19:43 PM »
Yeah I'm not really rooting for anybody to get the virus, whether it be idiots in the White House who ignore protocols set in place or football programs that suck so they can't win anymore.  Anyone getting the virus is a threat to continue spreading it throughout the country.  And that's the last thing we need right now, more spreading.

Heck, I'm really, really hoping that the MAGAs are right and that as soon as Trump is out of the office the hoax will be revealed as that.  No more covid on 1/21/21 will be the best thing that can happen.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #8906 on: November 09, 2020, 02:36:14 PM »
Gentlemen, it is important to care about Ben Carson.    Because you never know when the virus will come for you.   

It's hard to care for someone who refuses to care for himself.

I will continue to pray for the 1,000+ medical workers in Wisconsin who have contracted the virus; who have risked their lives to make the world a better place. Also, my thoughts are with you, with Chick's daughter, and with many others on this board as you risk exposure doing your job every day.

I won't waste a second of concern about people who dare the virus to attack them.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 02:42:26 PM by Jockey »

tower912

• All American
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #8908 on: November 09, 2020, 02:51:02 PM »

My sincere hope is that everyone who contracts COVID makes a full and complete recovery.
My level of sympathy for the discomfort they experience while recovering varies.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8909 on: November 09, 2020, 02:52:49 PM »
My sincere hope is that everyone who contracts COVID makes a full and complete recovery.
My level of sympathy for the discomfort they experience while recovering varies.

Harvey Weinstein had it. Just saying...
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8910 on: November 09, 2020, 03:04:26 PM »

Agree 100%.

When Trump had it, some of my real Trump-hating friends and relatives were wishing all kinds of terror for him. I just said, "I don't want him or anybody else to die from it. And I certainly don't want him to become a martyr. I want him to recover fully."

Glad he was at full strength -- the best he felt ever, he claimed -- in time to lose to Biden.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8911 on: November 09, 2020, 03:07:17 PM »

I wholeheartedly agree about the reason why we should be concerned: every single person who gets the virus expands the reach of this pandemic and makes it more likely that we or our loved ones get sick. So yes - I care that Ben Carson has it...because he makes it more likely that my family (or other innocent people who are taking precautions) might become sick.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #8912 on: November 09, 2020, 03:12:51 PM »

Yep. 

Mostly though I'm this...

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8913 on: November 09, 2020, 06:14:33 PM »
Yeah, well, I just tested positive.    So any schadenfreude for me is kind of out the window.   

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8914 on: November 09, 2020, 06:15:28 PM »
Yeah, well, I just tested positive.    So any schadenfreude for me is kind of out the window.   

Very sorry to hear, tower.

Be well, my friend.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #8915 on: November 09, 2020, 06:17:12 PM »
Oh dear tower.
Praying you will recover fast.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8916 on: November 09, 2020, 06:20:54 PM »
Mild cold symptoms right now.    Don't mock Ben Carson

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #8917 on: November 09, 2020, 06:25:03 PM »

I hope you feel better soon.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #8918 on: November 09, 2020, 06:27:13 PM »
Good luck tower.  I hope it stays mild as a mild case. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8919 on: November 09, 2020, 06:35:05 PM »
I am going to be spending even more time here.    Up your games.      ;)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8920 on: November 09, 2020, 06:46:02 PM »
I am going to be spending even more time here.    Up your games.      ;)

I assume you'll be drafting up a bunch of post-game thread titles.

Seriously though, take care.  Don't hesitate to talk to a doctor if things seem to be progressing from annoyance to serious discomfort.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8921 on: November 09, 2020, 06:51:09 PM »
I assume you'll be drafting up a bunch of post-game thread titles.

Seriously though, take care.  Don't hesitate to talk to a doctor if things seem to be progressing from annoyance to serious discomfort.

OSO good.
Justin time.
Dawson's freak
Akanno get an 'AMEN'!
DJ PG OK

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8922 on: November 09, 2020, 06:51:56 PM »

Don't mock Ben Carson

My personal take - it isn't mocking so much as it's venting anger at those who openly flout what science and the experts have been advocating for months.

And of all people in the Cabinet, Carson is in the best position to understand the consequences of Trump's position on masks and social distancing. By remaining silent and attending super spreader events at the White House, he is complicit in the extra suffering brought about by this Administration's policies. Could he have changed Trump's mind? Perhaps not...but we will never know.

Quite frankly, his silence, his complicity, made it more likely for YOU to get infected. And it makes it more likely for any of us here to get infected. So while I won't mock his illness, I will remain mad as hell that he didn't have the courage to stand up to the bully.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #8923 on: November 09, 2020, 06:54:42 PM »
Be well, Tower.

The entire Scoop world knows and appreciates the good works that you do.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #8924 on: November 09, 2020, 07:01:57 PM »
Be well, Tower.

The entire Scoop world knows and appreciates the good works that you do.

Not true.

Someone mocked him and said a firefighter wasn't a "real" profession. Crash maybe?