collapse

* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129817 times)

WarriorDad

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #4075 on: April 14, 2020, 08:17:01 PM »

Trump’s quote was on August 15, 2017. Your profile indicates you registered here shortly thereafter - on November 25, 2017. So yeah - I believe you have used the phrase since you registered here.

Thanks for the roadmap.

Three months later is shortly thereafter? Ok.  For me, been using it for as long as I can remember.  Part of my mediation approach I guess.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

WarriorDad

• All American
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4077 on: April 14, 2020, 08:34:47 PM »
models predicted flood on health care system so new auxillary hospitals being built.  finding that we more than likely won't need em...now what

in the mean time, many health care workers are being laid off while other essential medical issues are being kicked down the road.  silly things like biopsies and the such unrelated to covid.  healthcare facilities are losing money hand over fist because they aren't able to attend to other medical issues.  patients are going to die from untreated cancers, cardiovascular issues, etc.

next bailout-hospitals, et.al.  but if left up to the "expert" of "experts", doc fauci, keep us all safe at home for another 6 months.  that ought to do it >:(

wonder what the other "experts" suggest
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4078 on: April 14, 2020, 08:39:49 PM »
models predicted flood on health care system so new auxillary hospitals being built.  finding that we more than likely won't need em...now what

in the mean time, many health care workers are being laid off while other essential medical issues are being kicked down the road.  silly things like biopsies and the such unrelated to covid.  healthcare facilities are losing money hand over fist because they aren't able to attend to other medical issues.  patients are going to die from untreated cancers, cardiovascular issues, etc.

next bailout-hospitals, et.al.  but if left up to the "expert" of "experts", doc fauci, keep us all safe at home for another 6 months.  that ought to do it >:(

Fauci has never said we should stay at home another six months.

But hey following the talking points to a tee!  Good job!!!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #4079 on: April 14, 2020, 08:41:24 PM »

I don’t understand blaming dr Fauci.  I don’t like this anymore than anyone else, but where in the world can you go that’s different.  The virus is here and it’s slowly being brought under control.  Like everywhere

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4080 on: April 14, 2020, 08:45:37 PM »
I don’t understand blaming dr Fauci.
He contradicted Trump. Therefore, the target of today's Two Minute Hate...
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4081 on: April 14, 2020, 08:46:20 PM »
n the mean time, many health care workers are being laid off while other essential medical issues are being kicked down the road.  silly things like biopsies and the such unrelated to covid.  healthcare facilities are losing money hand over fist because they aren't able to attend to other medical issues.  patients are going to die from untreated cancers, cardiovascular issues,

Do you have any, you know, evidence that cancer patients are going untreated and dying?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4082 on: April 14, 2020, 09:40:31 PM »
He contradicted Trump. Therefore, the target of today's Two Minute Hate...

I can't imagine taking those talking points, and then having to repeat them with a straight face.  Like, how do you think face yourself?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4083 on: April 14, 2020, 09:56:26 PM »
Fauci has never said we should stay at home another six months.

But hey following the talking points to a tee!  Good job!!!

Didn’t think I had to be quite so literal ,but whoopsie, didn’t pass it thru the fluffy filter first

Here’s another one you might have to correct for me.

We pay WHO $400-500 million per year(give or take a few million$ just to give myself some sully wiggle room). And China pays $40 million. Time to level that off some eyn’a? I say sue em for malpractice for whatever this thing ends up costing us...that’s with sully blessing of course🙄

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4084 on: April 14, 2020, 10:02:24 PM »
Didn’t think I had to be quite so literal ,but whoopsie, didn’t pass it thru the fluffy filter first

We pay WHO $400-500 million per year(give or take a few million$ just to give myself some sully wiggle room). And China pays $40 million. Time to level that off some eyn’a? I say sue em for malpractice for whatever this thing ends up costing us...that’s with sully blessing of course🙄

Great idea. And how ‘bout we sue POTUS for the several weeks of delay after his minions warned him? The delay that continues to this day....

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4085 on: April 14, 2020, 10:30:35 PM »

Why? What's YOUR rationale on the US decreasing its funding? And what does China's funding have to do with what the US is doing?

And why are you just NOW bringing up WHO funding?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 10:35:32 PM by jesmu84 »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #4086 on: April 14, 2020, 11:09:31 PM »
I keep coming back to the criticism of the WHO, and China in how they handled this. A general timeline.

In China:

Dec. 30th. Whistleblower says he identified 7 unexplained pneumonia cases.
Dec. 31st. China publicly announces unexplained illnesses in Wuhan associated with seafood market.
Jan. 9th. First identification of it as a novel coronavirus
Jan. 11th. They release the genome
Jan. 16th. First test developed by a German lab.
Jan. 20th. First confirmation of persistent person-person spread.

So if we back date those first cases 10 days. We could say from first known cases to confirmation of sustained person-person spread (e.g. community spread) took 1-month. For China and the WHO to confirm.

In the US: Starting with known tests available and that a disease was circulating

Jan. 21st. First confirmed case in the US (travel related).
Feb. 26th. First confirmed evidence of community spread.

So it took us roughly 1 month also to get to confirmation of community spread.

I'm sure China and the WHO would love a redo on this, but they matched our speed, when they had to first identify something was different. Then identify the causative agent. Then sequence the genome. Develop a test. And then trace cases in the community and elsewhere.

We had access to tests and couldn't track it spreading through communities for over a month.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4087 on: April 14, 2020, 11:19:40 PM »
It certainly is fair to criticize WHO for its delays, but the Administration still delayed its response long after it had the information required to know what we are dealing with.

People who live in glass (White) houses....

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #4088 on: April 14, 2020, 11:37:34 PM »
It certainly is fair to criticize WHO for its delays, but the Administration still delayed its response long after it had the information required to know what we are dealing with.

People who live in glass (White) houses....

In hindsight, they probably could have been more aggressive before Dec. 30th.

And looking at what is known. I can find maybe a 5-7 day window where they could've/should've recognized community spread in China sooner. But that couldn't technically be confirmed without a test, which wasn't developed until Jan. 16th. In hindsight, they should have made a clinical diagnosis of sustained person-person spread a bit earlier.

Given an up to 14-day incubation period, and a high level of asymptomatic spread/cases. They really didn't do terrible. A post-analysis will obviously find where mistakes and delays occurred, and we need to fix these issues. Notably, the whistleblower saved a lot of lives by accelerating the timeline.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 12:10:00 AM by forgetful »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4089 on: April 14, 2020, 11:38:20 PM »
I keep coming back to the criticism of the WHO, and China in how they handled this. A general timeline.

In China:

Dec. 30th. Whistleblower says he identified 7 unexplained pneumonia cases.
Dec. 31st. China publicly announces unexplained illnesses in Wuhan associated with seafood market.
Jan. 9th. First identification of it as a novel coronavirus
Jan. 11th. They release the genome
Jan. 16th. First test developed by a German lab.
Jan. 20th. First confirmation of persistent person-person spread.

So if we back date those first cases 10 days. We could say from first known cases to confirmation of sustained person-person spread (e.g. community spread) took 1-month. For China and the WHO to confirm.

In the US: Starting with known tests available and that a disease was circulating

Jan. 21st. First confirmed case in the US (travel related).
Feb. 26th. First confirmed evidence of community spread.

So it took us roughly 1 month also to get to confirmation of community spread.

I'm sure China and the WHO would love a redo on this, but they matched our speed, when they had to first identify something was different. Then identify the causative agent. Then sequence the genome. Develop a test. And then trace cases in the community and elsewhere.

We had access to tests and couldn't track it spreading through communities for over a month.

Trump criticized WHO for taking China's word about the virus. But over and over, Trump has said that he trusted the Chinese and that Xi was a good man.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 11:42:41 PM by Jockey »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4090 on: April 15, 2020, 01:08:25 AM »

Great idea. And how ‘bout we sue POTUS for the several weeks of delay after his minions warned him? The delay that continues to this day....

You gotta turn off cnn bruh they’re hurtin your head

If you can’t criticize WHO, I’ll just hang up...

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4091 on: April 15, 2020, 02:02:15 AM »

Umm, he did..

It certainly is fair to criticize WHO for its delays,

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4092 on: April 15, 2020, 04:59:01 AM »

You gotta turn off oan brun they're hurtin your head

If you can't criticize the corrupt liar WHO keeps conning his sheeple into thinking jared is the solution to every problem, you should just hang up...
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 05:30:00 AM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #4094 on: April 15, 2020, 05:25:06 AM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4095 on: April 15, 2020, 07:55:42 AM »
I wonder: is she really this dumb, or is she just playing the rubes?

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1250395628305362944
Kellyanne Conway: "This is COVID-19, not COVID-1 folks, and so you would think the people in charge of the World Health Organization, facts and figures, would be on top of that."
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4096 on: April 15, 2020, 08:06:08 AM »

RIF

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4097 on: April 15, 2020, 08:08:31 AM »

I wonder: is she really this dumb, or is she just playing the rubes?

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1250395628305362944
Kellyanne Conway: "This is COVID-19, not COVID-1 folks, and so you would think the people in charge of the World Health Organization, facts and figures, would be on top of that."

The latter.

But you might get banned for calling POTUS, VP and the Cabinet rubes. Too political, ya know.  ;)

jesmu84

• All American

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4099 on: April 15, 2020, 11:37:54 AM »
Testing slows down.  Commercial labs have excess testing capacity.  Apparently due to more strict CDC guidelines.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/14/coronavirus-testing-delays-186883

The list of countries that is handing this better than us is a very long one. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow