collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129000 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #8850 on: November 06, 2020, 07:53:17 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8851 on: November 06, 2020, 10:15:02 PM »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #8852 on: November 06, 2020, 10:16:53 PM »
Mark "We Aren't Going to Control the Virus" Meadows has caught the virus.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #8853 on: November 06, 2020, 10:25:24 PM »

Yeah and how many people has he gotten sick now?  He's legendary for not wearing a mask.  And I'm guessing he won't quarantine now.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #8854 on: November 06, 2020, 10:38:57 PM »
I'm not saying he's lying, but is there anyone that benefits more from having to quarantine from the president at this moment in time than Mark Meadows?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 10:53:54 PM by GB Warrior »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #8855 on: November 07, 2020, 06:55:09 AM »
[/quote

NM
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 07:05:49 AM by shoothoops »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #8856 on: November 07, 2020, 07:05:21 AM »

Video of Meadows around hundreds of people election night in doors, East Room.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1324936135399919618?s=19

Also at least four others COVID-19 positive and counting. Attempts were made to try to keep it quiet.

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1324936217465597952?s=19
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 07:26:45 AM by shoothoops »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8857 on: November 07, 2020, 07:47:26 AM »

So he spoke truth.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8858 on: November 07, 2020, 08:16:11 AM »
I'm not saying he's lying, but is there anyone that benefits more from having to quarantine from the president at this moment in time than Mark Meadows?

Superb point.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8859 on: November 07, 2020, 08:50:22 AM »
I was going to post in the MN thread, but since Mayo regularly sees patients from well beyond the state....

Mayo to restrict visitor access, elective care in Rochester as COVID cases spike

https://www.postbulletin.com/newsmd/health-news/6751968-Mayo-to-restrict-visitor-access-elective-care-in-Rochester-as-COVID-cases-spike

As the number of COVID-19 cases in Minnesota and elsewhere skyrocket, Mayo Clinic will restrict visitor access and reduce the number of elective procedures in Rochester starting Monday morning.

"... We will not be allowing adult patients who are hospitalized to have any visitors," wrote Mayo Clinic’s Ginger Plumbo on Friday. "Under very specific circumstances (i.e. patients dying, or birth of a child), a single adult visitor will be allowed. Pediatric patients will be allowed two parents or guardians."

This move comes on the heels of Mayo Clinic Health System's Southeast Minnesota Region implementation a no-visitor policy on Oct. 28 for all of its facilities, except those in Rochester.

On Friday afternoon, Mayo Clinic sent out this announcement about the increase in restrictions: “In response to increasing community spread of COVID-19, Mayo Clinic Hospital – Rochester will implement advanced visitor restrictions at Saint Marys and Methodist campuses, beginning at 8 a.m. CDT on Monday, Nov. 9.”

The statement from Mayo Clinic’s Ginger Plumbo added that other “proactive” steps are also being taken.

Mayo Clinic is “temporarily deferring some elective care so that we can care for the surge of urgent and emergent needs of our community, including the high influx of COVID-19-positive patients needing hospital care,” according to Plumbo.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8860 on: November 07, 2020, 11:03:46 AM »
Woo-effen-hoo!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8861 on: November 07, 2020, 11:14:09 AM »
The work can start in January. Let’s do it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8862 on: November 07, 2020, 11:24:43 AM »
Metaphorically rolling up my sleeves.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #8863 on: November 07, 2020, 12:49:08 PM »

wadesworld

• All American
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8865 on: November 07, 2020, 01:14:15 PM »
This is a perfect symbol of the way this administration has dealt with a virus that its leader admitted (though not to the American public) was 5 times more deadly "than even your strenuous flus."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/meadows-covid-white-house/2020/11/06/88847e40-20b3-11eb-90dd-abd0f7086a91_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F2c95f6b%2F5fa6e0a59d2fda0efb6027c6%2F5f8d147cae7e8a56e5b732a4%2F31%2F74%2Fb3563592a6e9cbfdd26e210ad7669201

White House chief of staff Mark Meadows has tested positive for the coronavirus, and told others not to disclose his condition, according to an official with knowledge of the situation who spoke on the condition of anonymity. Meadows was at the White House early Wednesday as President Trump spoke about the election.

The diagnosis, first reported by Bloomberg News, comes a little more than a month after Trump and other members of his family and inner circle also tested positive for coronavirus. Two weeks later, at least five aides or advisers to Vice President Pence were infected.

The repeated infections within the White House underscore the attitude with which the administration has handled the coronavirus pandemic, which has killed at least 235,000 Americans since February. Trump and his allies, including Meadows, have frequently flouted public health guidelines and continued to hold large indoor gatherings where few people wear masks or socially distance.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8866 on: November 07, 2020, 02:16:42 PM »
They. Just. Don't. Care.  :(

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8867 on: November 07, 2020, 02:26:38 PM »
And it is trickling down.    People are willfully choosing to not wear masks.    Willing to take their chances.   

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8868 on: November 07, 2020, 03:15:42 PM »
And it is trickling down.    People are willfully choosing to not wear masks.    Willing to take their chances.   

Unfortunately, even though the incoming administration will be pushing masks and modeling the behavior, I don't expect this to improve much.

Indeed, it probably won't improve much BECAUSE the new administration will be pushing masks and modeling the behavior. The deniers will really dig in, even if it means the virus drags out longer.

I hope I'm wrong about that, but I fear I'm not.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #8869 on: November 07, 2020, 03:16:38 PM »
Does anyone know how many states are currently requiring a 14 day quarantine when you come to their state from Wisconsin?  I heard from my parents who live in Ohio that they had that requirement in place in early October and I'm guessing it's still in place but I'm not sure.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #8870 on: November 07, 2020, 03:20:03 PM »
Unfortunately, even though the incoming administration will be pushing masks and modeling the behavior, I don't expect this to improve much.

Indeed, it probably won't improve much BECAUSE the new administration will be pushing masks and modeling the behavior. The deniers will really dig in, even if it means the virus drags out longer.

This is what I'm figuring will  happen also :(.  Things are pretty scary right now in Wisconsin I think...

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8871 on: November 07, 2020, 03:58:46 PM »

I hope you're wrong, too. But I suspect you are spot on.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8872 on: November 07, 2020, 04:05:35 PM »
This is what I'm figuring will  happen also :(Things are pretty scary right now in Wisconsin I think...

And indeed, the entire upper Midwest.

The Dakotas have been leading the surge since late summer with Iowa not far behind. Wisconsin started its surge a few weeks ago, and new cases are skyrocketing. And Minnesota started a few weeks after Wisconsin, with new cases not far behind.

It's getting ugly...and it hasn't really gotten all that cold yet.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #8873 on: November 07, 2020, 04:24:35 PM »
And indeed, the entire upper Midwest.

The Dakotas have been leading the surge since late summer with Iowa not far behind. Wisconsin started its surge a few weeks ago, and new cases are skyrocketing. And Minnesota started a few weeks after Wisconsin, with new cases not far behind.

It's getting ugly...and it hasn't really gotten all that cold yet.

With Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #8874 on: November 07, 2020, 04:28:44 PM »
With Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner.

That really scares me with schools - feel like it's going to spread so much after those holidays if the kids are attending in person.

feedback