collapse

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1130193 times)

injuryBug

• Team Captain
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #4125 on: April 15, 2020, 05:25:45 PM »
Just found out somebody donated over 100 n95 masks to the school my kids go to.  They are handing out lunches for kids but those should be donated to the hospital

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4126 on: April 15, 2020, 05:29:15 PM »
And for CDC, the directive would be familiar, because it would mean testing and contact tracing - exactly what it did duding the H1N1 outbreak in 2009.
Do we really want to do that? rocket told us what a disaster it was in 2009, killing 12,000+ people.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #4127 on: April 15, 2020, 06:02:51 PM »
Holy sh*t.  Really?

It's pretty simple.  Empower the CDC to do the job it was created to do.  Fund them.  Back them.  That's what he should do.

Maybe I am missing something.  They are empowered and they are making decisions based on scientific merit.  Unless there is something to suggest differently with the slow down, this is caused by the CDC and their processes not by the executive showing it down.  He does plenty wrong all the time, how is he the one slowing CDC down in this case?
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #4128 on: April 15, 2020, 06:08:48 PM »

I hope this isn't a serious question because the answer is so obvious, but: we want Trump in charge of the country (and acting like a leader), and CDC in charge of the scientific and logistical aspects of pandemic response.

The path to this is quite simple for Trump; just order CDC to do the jobs for which it was created: "disease control and prevention." And for CDC, the directive would be familiar, because it would mean testing and contact tracing - exactly what it did duding the H1N1 outbreak in 2009.

I am responding to the article linked that shows the slowing of testing because of criteria and process used by CDC.  Those are CDC decisions are they not?  Or is the President dictating to CDC what the criteria is?

This is why I keep asking the blame game stuff.  He is worthy of plenty of blame and so are endless other entities.  In this case some of you seem to want to blame him for an action caused by the  very department (CDC) you want calling the shots.  They are calling the shots on this topic and you are blaming him for the shots they have called.  Unless you have evidence that suggests he is the one slowing it down.  The article provided shows nothing of the kind.
— Plato

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4129 on: April 15, 2020, 06:26:45 PM »
What do we want?

The right to infect others!

When do we want it?

Now!

Oh, you seem to remember when the AIDS epidemic hit too?  Just be careful or something, eyn’a?  Here’s a Trojan and a new needle, now go have fun.  Well, they’re gonna do it anyway, so ya might as well...
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4130 on: April 15, 2020, 06:28:36 PM »
I am responding to the article linked that shows the slowing of testing because of criteria and process used by CDC.  Those are CDC decisions are they not?  Or is the President dictating to CDC what the criteria is?

Yes, the Prez is dictating what the CDC can and cannot do:
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/486475-trump-administration-overrode-health-officials-recommendation-that-elderly

muguru

• All American
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4132 on: April 15, 2020, 06:47:26 PM »
Oh, you seem to remember when the AIDS epidemic hit too?  Just be careful or something, eyn’a?  Here’s a Trojan and a new needle, now go have fun.  Well, they’re gonna do it anyway, so ya might as well...

Huh?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4133 on: April 15, 2020, 06:51:39 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/coronavirus-wuhan-lab-china-compete-us-sources

Please, for the love of God, stop this conspiracy theory madness.

"Sources"? GTFO.

Show me scientific proof/evidence. Generally, the scientists involved with research behind this disease do not believe any of this crap.

Exhibit A: https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/03/17/covid-19-coronavirus-did-not-come-from-a-lab-study-shows-natural-origins/#4a1034723728
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 06:53:41 PM by jesmu84 »

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #4134 on: April 15, 2020, 06:53:37 PM »
Course fox news is the only ones reporting

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #4135 on: April 15, 2020, 06:57:58 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/coronavirus-wuhan-lab-china-compete-us-sources

The article uses as evidence that the wet-market didn't sell bats.

Studies have shown that coronaviruses in bats are not a good match for SARS-COV-2. The best matches are in pangolin's, which are sold in the wet-market.

But on top of that, the first known case dates back to Nov. by a person not connected to the wet market.

This article is reckless, and Trump is even more reckless for essentially supporting it in the press conference.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4136 on: April 15, 2020, 07:03:10 PM »

This is why I keep asking the blame game stuff.  He is worthy of plenty of blame and so are endless other entities.  In this case some of you seem to want to blame him for an action caused by the  very department (CDC) you want calling the shots.  They are calling the shots on this topic and you are blaming him for the shots they have called.  Unless you have evidence that suggests he is the one slowing it down.  The article provided shows nothing of the kind.

I am not talking about CDC just recommending what others should do...I am talking about CDC being ordered by Trump to take the lead in doing what needs to be done.

Earlier I posted CDC’s summary of the actions it took in 2009. I am looking for similar actions this time, not just CDC making recommendations, with POTUS delegating responsibility to overburdened state and local public health departments to carry them out. This is a dereliction of duty (and a classic Trumpian deflection of responsibility).

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4137 on: April 15, 2020, 07:03:27 PM »
Huh?

He’s actually getting goofier than Trump.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #4138 on: April 15, 2020, 07:05:42 PM »
He’s actually getting goofier than Trump.

Hey maybe you and MU82 can tell everyone how to get back to work? You guys/girls are the experts, aina? Lol

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #4139 on: April 15, 2020, 07:07:48 PM »
Hey maybe you and MU82 can tell everyone how to get back to work? You guys/girls are the experts, aina? Lol

Thought these were last days, why would you care about getting folks back to work?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4140 on: April 15, 2020, 07:12:33 PM »
Thought these were last days, why would you care about getting folks back to work?

Hey, when you've never had a significant other and when you are convinced you are about to die a virgin, you pretty much lose your mind. So BJ's obsessions are understandable.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #4141 on: April 15, 2020, 07:14:05 PM »
Hey, when you've never had a significant other and when you are convinced you are about to die a virgin, you pretty much lose your mind. So BJ's obsessions are understandable.

Stick to facts, bub. Enjoy your stimulus check.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4142 on: April 15, 2020, 07:38:40 PM »
I'm not constantly mad at old and poor people.

I dislike MU82 and Jockey for many reasons, and find it ironic that they have been on the sidelines of the workforce for years based on a lot of their commentary. They are both bad people.

Cura personalis.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4143 on: April 15, 2020, 07:56:28 PM »
Once again, this has been answered many times over in this thread. Reading comprehension much?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4144 on: April 15, 2020, 08:19:56 PM »
Fox News contributor Bill Bennett offered perhaps the most high-profile comments on this in recent days, doubting this is even a “pandemic.”

“If you look at those numbers, and see the comparable, we’re going to have fewer fatalities from this than from the flu,” Bennett said, citing the latest projections. “For this, we scared the hell out of the American people, we lost 17 million jobs, we put a major dent in the economy, we closed down the schools … shut down the churches, and so on. You know, this was not and is not a pandemic.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheck/6-zombie-claims-about-the-coronavirus-that-just-wont-go-away/ar-BB12GbF0?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=DELLDHP

Tom Tomorrow had it nailed

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #4145 on: April 15, 2020, 08:22:32 PM »

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #4146 on: April 15, 2020, 08:28:30 PM »
Fox News contributor Bill Bennett offered perhaps the most high-profile comments on this in recent days, doubting this is even a “pandemic.”

“If you look at those numbers, and see the comparable, we’re going to have fewer fatalities from this than from the flu,” Bennett said, citing the latest projections. “For this, we scared the hell out of the American people, we lost 17 million jobs, we put a major dent in the economy, we closed down the schools … shut down the churches, and so on. You know, this was not and is not a pandemic.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheck/6-zombie-claims-about-the-coronavirus-that-just-wont-go-away/ar-BB12GbF0?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=DELLDHP

Tom Tomorrow had it nailed
Same thing Anderson Cooper said March 4. Lots o’ people got it wrong, hey?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4148 on: April 15, 2020, 08:40:31 PM »
Same thing Anderson Cooper said March 4. Lots o’ people got it wrong, hey?

March 4th
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #4149 on: April 15, 2020, 09:22:20 PM »
Yes, the Prez is dictating what the CDC can and cannot do:
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/486475-trump-administration-overrode-health-officials-recommendation-that-elderly

Can you provide some evidence 6 weeks later as it pertains to this article on testing that the Prez is slowing the process? 
— Plato

feedback