'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: WOW...this is a complete shocker...  (Read 19674 times)

muguru

• All American
WOW...this is a complete shocker...
« on: April 05, 2017, 11:47:26 AM »
My focus has now switched from Egor, to Dedric...Bring it home Stan!

L. Jason Smith‏Verified account
@JasonSmith929 

Letter I just read over the air from Memphis forwards KJ and Dedric Lawson. Both will transfer. Absolute bombshell.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:57:53 AM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: WOW...this is a complete shocker...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 12:00:51 PM »
We could get Egor and Dedric Lawson. 

There are so many interesting options out there right now.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 12:05:04 PM »

I'd keep an eye on Mark Alstork..Brett Nelson and he have a connection. Not saying I'd want him, but I could see MU being interested.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 12:21:03 PM »
Dedric Lawson's rebounding, blocked shots and overall offensive efficiency are great. But his outside shooting is scary — and not in a good way. He made just 30 of 110 threes last season. That's just 27%. Bad enough to drag his eFG% below 50 percent, lower than every player on MU's 2016-17 roster except for Duane and Haanif.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 12:34:25 PM »
We don't need him to shoot threes...
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 12:36:38 PM »
We don't need him to shoot threes...

If he's only going to hit 27% of them, Memphis didn't need him to shoot threes, either. But he took (and missed) more of them than Henry did in his freshman season. I don't find that encouraging.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 12:49:05 PM »
He won't be in any position to shoot 3s on this offense (playing the 4 or 5 with 3 outside shooters at all times). Who knows, he could see a slight uptick with less pressure on 3s.

He would be extremely valuable and is worth considering. But bets are on them being a package deal. We can't do anything that jeopardizes Joey, IMO

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 01:10:40 PM »
My guess is they're a package deal, which means we'd have to cut someone just to have a scholarship for Joey. I'd pass.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 01:33:28 PM »

Egor at least has a tie with Stan.  The Lawson's had no interest in MU in their high school recruiting, from Memphis, so don't get any reason why they would be an option.  But, Dedric was a big time recruit and will make some team very happy. 

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 02:01:30 PM »
My guess is they're a package deal, which means we'd have to cut someone just to have a scholarship for Joey. I'd pass.

Regardless of who signs, I bet you a dollar that there is at least one transfer between now and Joey Hauser announcing his commitment.

I don't know who it would be and have zero information, but history tells us that kids leave programs.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 02:03:41 PM »
Regardless of who signs, I bet you a dollar that there is at least one transfer between now and Joey Hauser announcing his commitment.

I don't know who it would be and have zero information, but history tells us that kids leave programs.

If that's the case it will likely happen soon - like within the next couple of weeks.  A Joey Hauser commitment will likely come before November.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 02:10:43 PM »
Memphis is losing all of its players, as is UConn. 

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 02:19:46 PM »

I'm with Sultan...at this point, I'd be surprised if we had a transfer out before Hauser announces his destination. I would be floored if it was later than September, and I doubt we'll have anyone announcing a new destination before that unless their mind is virtually made up already.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2017, 03:05:28 PM »
I'm with Sultan...at this point, I'd be surprised if we had a transfer out before Hauser announces his destination. I would be floored if it was later than September, and I doubt we'll have anyone announcing a new destination before that unless their mind is virtually made up already.

In my opinion the earliest an outbound transfer would occur at this juncture is next winter break.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2017, 03:17:01 PM »

AAC = Mid Major, ai-na?

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 03:18:16 PM »
In my opinion the earliest an outbound transfer would occur at this juncture is next winter break.

Any thoughts as to who?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 03:32:51 PM »
Any thoughts as to who?

I'm sure what glow meant was a Sandy/Traci situation where the player ends up filling a lesser role on the team than they anticipated. As such, there's no way to know who it would be until we get to the winter break and see what roles the members of the roster are filling.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 03:53:59 PM »
Meh, not much of a shock for me. They put up dominate numbers for Memphis and they didn't even sniff the NIT. Plus, the coach that recruited them isn't at Memphis anymore. I would probably want to move to a higher level of competition too.

Doubt we get involved here. They are most likely a package deal and would eat up all of of our scholarships for this season and next. Takes us out of the grad transfer game (I would like at least one to make sure next season is an improvement over this one) and puts in a situation where someone is getting pole-axed before next season if we want Joey.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 03:58:12 PM »
Doubt we get involved here. They are most likely a package deal and would eat up all of of our scholarships for this season and next. Takes us out of the grad transfer game (I would like at least one to make sure next season is an improvement over this one) and puts in a situation where someone is getting pole-axed before next season if we want Joey.

TAMU, I agree.

I like where our team is and what's coming in for next year. I suspect if we chase these guys, that's a clear signal Joey ain't coming. Or there is serious doubt Joey will come here.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 04:22:50 PM »
I'm sure what glow meant was a Sandy/Traci situation where the player ends up filling a lesser role on the team than they anticipated. As such, there's no way to know who it would be until we get to the winter break and see what roles the members of the roster are filling.

I don't think anyone would leave mid season next year. If Cheatham or Heldt left midseason they could only play one semester their senior year. Sacar just red shirted and Sam and Markus are starters. So if anyone were to leave it would have to be over this summer or next.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2017, 04:40:45 PM »
Early onset dementia
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2017, 04:49:44 PM »

This. Thanks brew.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2017, 04:57:44 PM »

Couldn't happen to two nicer programs.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2017, 05:20:54 PM »
I don't think anyone would leave mid season next year. If Cheatham or Heldt left midseason they could only play one semester their senior year. Sacar just red shirted and Sam and Markus are starters. So if anyone were to leave it would have to be over this summer or next.

Yep. A freshman could leave mid year I suppose.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2017, 06:03:05 PM »
Not sure why I'm even bothering because this yet is another situation where there is absolutely no reason to believe there is interest from either side, but I'd take both of them no question asked.  I'm pretty confident Joey and the Hausers know that there will be a scholarship available for Joey to take at any time he would like to.  If you can add 2 big time players, you do it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback