'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Justin Lewis  (Read 6038 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Justin Lewis
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2023, 10:22:07 AM »
Justin beat the Badgers.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2023, 12:52:29 PM »
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2023, 01:00:33 PM »

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2023, 02:47:36 PM »
Won’t share anything too personal or anything here, but I ran into JLew at a bar last winter and had a few drinks and talked for quite awhile. We had some mutual friends, and I was out with another MU alum. Justin was fired up to hear we went to marquette. He LOVES marquette. Repeatedly said how much of a family everything about marquette is, from top to bottom. He said the decision to stay/leave was absolutely brutal. And he was really emotional about how it turned out with the injury. He was fired up about the season we were having at that point and said he was watching pretty much every game. Was still really close to most of the guys and said he texted with some of them every day. Particularly called out TK and Darryl as great friends, along with the other guys he overlapped with (OMax, jop, Oso, Stevie, etc) as all being great dudes.

He absolutely raved about Shaka. Didn’t have too much to say about Woj, said that he was ok. But that Shaka in comparison was just a whole other level. He said Shaka still texts him every single day. Same with Todd smith, about his recovery. Shaka told Justin to take his time and that no matter what, he wouldn’t recruit over him. He’d save that spot for him no matter what, and fully supported whatever decision Justin made. He appreciated that so much, and said that’s the typa loyalty Shaka has with his guys. (This was the same case for OMax this past offseason).

Justin’s a really great dude. Cheering hard for him in his next opportunity.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2023, 02:57:01 PM »
I believe Justin didn’t turn 21 until April 12 of this year, so the post above is very concerning.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2023, 03:53:45 PM »
Won’t share anything too personal or anything here, but I ran into JLew at a bar last winter and had a few drinks and talked for quite awhile. We had some mutual friends, and I was out with another MU alum. Justin was fired up to hear we went to marquette. He LOVES marquette. Repeatedly said how much of a family everything about marquette is, from top to bottom. He said the decision to stay/leave was absolutely brutal. And he was really emotional about how it turned out with the injury. He was fired up about the season we were having at that point and said he was watching pretty much every game. Was still really close to most of the guys and said he texted with some of them every day. Particularly called out TK and Darryl as great friends, along with the other guys he overlapped with (OMax, jop, Oso, Stevie, etc) as all being great dudes.

He absolutely raved about Shaka. Didn’t have too much to say about Woj, said that he was ok. But that Shaka in comparison was just a whole other level. He said Shaka still texts him every single day. Same with Todd smith, about his recovery. Shaka told Justin to take his time and that no matter what, he wouldn’t recruit over him. He’d save that spot for him no matter what, and fully supported whatever decision Justin made. He appreciated that so much, and said that’s the typa loyalty Shaka has with his guys. (This was the same case for OMax this past offseason).

Wouldn’t recruit over him? Don’t tell some scoopers that…..always looking at that transfer portal.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2023, 03:55:05 PM »
^ Good catch. JB often has to do bar-math like this.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2023, 04:04:34 PM »

He's better at the "is she 18 yet?" math.  I hope.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2023, 04:39:06 PM »
I believe Justin didn’t turn 21 until April 12 of this year, so the post above is very concerning.

As a former college bouncer I'd attest that if a 6-7 ripped guy who's clearly a pro athlete comes up, I'm glancing at his ID for my manager's security cameras. No chance I'm saying "yeah you can't come in here".
Maigh Eo for Sam

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2023, 05:17:24 PM »
Unless he was in WI with his legal guardian.
Goal is National Championship

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2023, 08:13:10 PM »

LOL

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2023, 06:13:28 AM »
all i said was-    justin had some issues playing defense...no?

shaka would have "that talk" with justin...right?

ok, justin was a bright light for us and loved the guy-my bad i left out the finish-

due to the mutual respect they have for each other, justin would've listened to shaka and become a defensive man child

and reeeko-go suck it!!
don't...don't don't don't don't

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2023, 08:19:15 AM »
He's better at the "is she 18 yet?" math.  I hope.

That's why he's so good at this.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2023, 10:06:30 AM »

That’s great to hear.  Really rooting for JLew.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2023, 09:47:10 PM »
I’m not an NBA agent, but couldn’t this mean Justin was waived by the “Big Bulls” from his two-way contract but could then be “signed” by the Windy City Bulls on a G League only contract?

Hope Justin finds his way. Tough injury for a really good young player.
We Are Marquette

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2023, 02:42:06 AM »

The horror of a 20 year old drinking!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2023, 07:38:48 AM »
The horror of a 20 year old drinking!
And enabled by a Scoop poster!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2023, 07:43:51 AM »
And enabled by a Scoop poster!

And tattled on by one!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2023, 09:43:21 PM »
Wojo comes calling. Drinking won't be an issue in SLC

https://gleague.nba.com/news/slc-stars-acquire-justin-lewis

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2023, 09:54:47 PM »
Wojo comes calling. Drinking won't be an issue in SLC

https://gleague.nba.com/news/slc-stars-acquire-justin-lewis

Lived there for a bit. Surprisingly good night life and drinking culture
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2023, 09:02:44 AM »

Oh cmon. This comment from anyone who went to Miller Brewing U, oops, Marquette?

One thinks the Marquette application asks, "Has beer ever touched your lips?" If a prospective student answers that they're a beer virgin,  then Marquette politely asks them to attend college elsewhere, say, Bob Jones University or Liberty University.

Perhaps this is the reason why Marquette has such a high acceptance rate!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2023, 09:08:26 AM »
Why teal?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Cheer4MU

• Walk-On
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2023, 09:09:45 AM »
Lived there for a bit. Surprisingly good night life and drinking culture

I live in SLC currently. Can confirm TAMU is also a knower of cities.

I’ll have to snag some $1 tix for a G League game soon.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2023, 11:17:02 AM »
I live in SLC currently. Can confirm TAMU is also a knower of cities.

I’ll have to snag some $1 tix for a G League game soon.

Strange drinking laws though. Standing and drinking in a bar? No way Jose. Want more than 5% alcohol in a beer, gotta get a can, no decadent on tap higher alcohol beer.
But yeah, we were there last spring. Surprisingly good food, drink, nightlife options. And their aquarium is first rate too.

Cheer4MU

• Walk-On
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2023, 11:57:26 AM »
Strange drinking laws though. Standing and drinking in a bar? No way Jose. Want more than 5% alcohol in a beer, gotta get a can, no decadent on tap higher alcohol beer.
But yeah, we were there last spring. Surprisingly good food, drink, nightlife options. And their aquarium is first rate too.

Haha I hear you there. Definitely some things I miss about nightlife elsewhere, but laws have relaxed/improved just about every year I have lived here. I happily trade some goofy drinking laws for unbeatable access to the mountains.

Lots of fun conversations with locals about MU connections like Majerus, Carlino, Jayce Johnson, Brendan Bailey in the past. I'd love to see home and homes with Utah or BYU in the future.

feedback