[May 13, 2024, 07:04:22 PM]

Ben Gold's summer by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 05:58:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 04:51:05 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by tower912
[May 13, 2024, 04:33:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Interesting Press Conference Myles Johnson  (Read 7081 times)

WhiteTrash

• All American
Re: Interesting Press Conference Myles Johnson
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2021, 04:04:10 PM »
How does that equate to "he and she are offensive" as you claimed? Yes calling someone he when they are a she, they, ze, or whatever pronoun they prefer is likely to offend that person. This is nothing new. I had a male friend when I was younger with long hair who would get upset when someone accidentally called him a girl. My sister went through a pixie haircut phase and got upset when people accidentally mistook her for a boy. Being misgendered is usually a thing that that annoys or offends people.

Are you certain your friend was "chastised"? Or did someone correct him and then he got bent out of shape about it because he either doesn't like being corrected or doesn't like the idea of someone whose pronouns don't match their sex?

Wow. I guess I touched a nerve.

I am not certain that he was politely asked nor if he was screamed at with f-bombs. I wasn't there. He is not a friend but what I do know of him, he seems to be a level headed guy. He didn't seem angry about it, just shocked. I do remember asking if the person was dressed in drag or the like and he said no, just regular dress. 

I am also not certain of you or your agenda but I will take at your word because that is the kind of person I am.  Glad I could educate you on pronoun use.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2021, 04:13:20 PM »
So their feelings are not valid because you have decided that they are "looking for opportunities to be aggrieved". That doesn't seem right to me Lenny.

And I'll disagree that "there is nothing that unites us". There is plenty that unites us, acknowledging the differences we have doesn't change that.

TAMU - of course their feelings are “valid”. I just think that they’re counterproductive.

Re paragragh 2, I say viva la difference. But being divided (fractured) isn’t the same thing as having differences.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2021, 04:26:59 PM »
TAMU - of course their feelings are “valid”. I just think that they’re counterproductive.

If their feelings are valid then why is this even a debate?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2021, 04:34:59 PM »
Wow. I guess I touched a nerve.

I am not certain that he was politely asked nor if he was screamed at with f-bombs. I wasn't there. He is not a friend but what I do know of him, he seems to be a level headed guy. He didn't seem angry about it, just shocked. I do remember asking if the person was dressed in drag or the like and he said no, just regular dress. 

I am also not certain of you or your agenda but I will take at your word because that is the kind of person I am.  Glad I could educate you on pronoun use.

No nerves struck just asked a question because I was surprised that your friend was chastised. Sounds like he may have been or may not have been.

I'm not sure if I have an agenda or not,  I just believe that in acknowledging and respecting others.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2021, 05:25:23 PM »
No nerves struck just asked a question because I was surprised that your friend was chastised. Sounds like he may have been or may not have been.

I'm not sure if I have an agenda or not,  I just believe that in acknowledging and respecting others.
Fair enough. At the end of the day some people are offended by 'articulate', 'he' or 'she' regardless of intent. I've learned to expunge 'articulate' from my vocabulary from this thread and maybe some people will be more thoughtful before saying 'he' or 'she'.

Now let's beat UCLA's a$$!!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2021, 05:54:36 PM »
I am glad you were able to articulate your thoughts on the matter.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2021, 06:19:26 PM »
I know a lot of white people that are not articulate.
Traditionals
Goal is National Championship