'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UConn/MU game thread  (Read 8594 times)

MUBurrow

• All American
Re: UConn/MU game thread
« Reply #350 on: March 06, 2024, 09:53:53 PM »
Do you think maybe the 1st option was taken away?

The first option was taken away - it was Kam coming around an Oso screen IIRC, but it was still another example of Jop also not being put in a position to succeed. Both can be true.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #351 on: March 06, 2024, 09:56:00 PM »
Might pulled this out with Kolek. Who knows.  Fought hard.  But an L is an L

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #352 on: March 06, 2024, 09:56:41 PM »
The first option was taken away - it was Kam coming around an Oso screen IIRC, but it was still another example of Jop also not being put in a position to succeed. Both can be true.

Sure but my post was in regards to the lunacy of anyone thinking the play call was for Jop to dribble into traffic.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #353 on: March 06, 2024, 09:57:10 PM »

Oso should be in bounding the ball there with 4 shooters on tbe floor. 

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #354 on: March 06, 2024, 09:58:28 PM »
There’s been a lot of huzzahs about Jop’s drives lately.

What do the stats site say?

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #355 on: March 06, 2024, 10:39:07 PM »
Yes, “your are” stupid.

Please seek therapy.  Your need to lash out at people when you are upset about a basketball game is sad.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #356 on: March 06, 2024, 10:43:14 PM »
Please seek therapy.  Your need to lash out at people when you are upset about a basketball game is sad.

Rent-free, 🐱.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #357 on: March 06, 2024, 10:57:33 PM »
Rent-free, 🐱.

On that fateful possession in the last minute, I was more upset about what happened before the timeout. The players had to be aware of the situation and realize that they had to get a shot up. There wasn’t enough time to be patient and work for a perfect one.

On the whole though, I am less upset about this game than I am about the overall situation. At halftime of the Providence game last week I was really looking forward to the Creighton and UConn games, thinking MU had a good shot at CU and a fighting chance with UConn. Then it all fell apart with the Kolek injury and the flu bug sweeping through the team.

I felt tonight like I had tickets for a top Broadway show to see a famous star and ended up getting the understudy.

And from Shaka’s comments on the postgame show it’s hard to be confident that Kolek will be back for the NCAA tournament. He sounds like you would expect him to be if he didn’t expect him back,but wasn’t going to rule it out and certainly wants to keep tournament opponents guessing.

murara1994

• Starter
« Reply #358 on: March 06, 2024, 11:02:52 PM »
On that fateful possession in the last minute, I was more upset about what happened before the timeout. The players had to be aware of the situation and realize that they had to get a shot up. There wasn’t enough time to be patient and work for a perfect one.

On the whole though, I am less upset about this game than I am about the overall situation. At halftime of the Providence game last week I was really looking forward to the Creighton and UConn games, thinking MU had a good shot at CU and a fighting chance with UConn. Then it all fell apart with the Kolek injury and the flu bug sweeping through the team.

I felt tonight like I had tickets for a top Broadway show to see a famous star and ended up getting the understudy.

And from Shaka’s comments on the postgame show it’s hard to be confident that Kolek will be back for the NCAA tournament. He sounds like you would expect him to be if he didn’t expect him back,but wasn’t going to rule it out and certainly wants to keep tournament opponents guessing.

Yesterday he said he was sure he would be back.  Others have said the same.

In the meantime our seeding is basically unchanged.  It doesn’t matter.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 11:06:30 PM by murara1994 »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #359 on: March 06, 2024, 11:06:56 PM »

This isn't breaking news:  We're  a completely different team without Tyko.  As Hurley said it's like the Chiefs losing Mahomes.  He makes everybody on the floor better and clutch plays on a regular basis.  The biggest disappointment today was the rebounding but we all know we aren't going far if he's not healthy in about 2 weeks. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #360 on: March 06, 2024, 11:10:02 PM »

Kolek will be back.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #361 on: March 06, 2024, 11:28:40 PM »

Just watched Shaka’s postgame conference. No idea what you were listening to…there was literally nothing there to make someone less optimistic about Kolek coming back.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #362 on: March 06, 2024, 11:29:19 PM »
Kolek will be back.

Shaka’s comment on the postgame was that “we have a chance to get Tyler back soon” but he said he wasn't going to be a prognosticator and put a percentage on it.

Not exactly “he will be back”.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #363 on: March 06, 2024, 11:30:37 PM »
Just watched Shaka’s postgame conference. No idea what you were listening to…there was literally nothing there to make someone less optimistic about Kolek coming back.

This was on the radio postgame that I heard on the way home.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #364 on: March 06, 2024, 11:32:42 PM »
Shaka’s comment on the postgame was that “we have a chance to get Tyler back soon” but he said he wasn't going to be a prognosticator and put a percentage on it.

Sounds pretty positive to me.

MUfan12

• All American

Viper

• All American
« Reply #366 on: March 06, 2024, 11:36:39 PM »
Yesterday he said he was sure he would be back.  Others have said the same.

In the meantime our seeding is basically unchanged.  It doesn’t matter.
I’m not confident the 2-seed holds. If we beat X, go 1-1 in the BE, does that keep us in the top 8? I feel
like the first or second 3 might be our spot.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #367 on: March 06, 2024, 11:50:07 PM »

The quote was "we're hopeful we can have him back as soon as we can" and the entire soundbyte was in the context of talking about the BET. I don't think there's anything in there that should cause someone to doubt Tyler's status for the NCAAT.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

murara1994

• Starter
« Reply #368 on: March 07, 2024, 03:43:46 AM »
I’m not confident the 2-seed holds. If we beat X, go 1-1 in the BE, does that keep us in the top 8? I feel
like the first or second 3 might be our spot.
I only care that people who actually do bracketology are, I don’t care if you are

Viper

• All American
« Reply #369 on: March 07, 2024, 06:58:08 AM »
I only care that people who actually do bracketology are, I don’t care if you are
I thought Scoop was where we are free to express thoughts and opinion's re:MU basketball. Maybe not?

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #370 on: March 09, 2024, 04:36:40 PM »
Edit.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #371 on: March 09, 2024, 04:37:11 PM »
Joplin and Ross are 0/8 (0/7 from 3), and none of their misses were particularly close.

They weren't ready to play.

Joplins first two were right there, but his last few have not been.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #372 on: March 09, 2024, 05:20:32 PM »
18-4 run. No fight today unlike the last 2 games. 

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #373 on: March 09, 2024, 07:40:50 PM »
18-4 run. No fight today unlike the last 2 games.
Loss going to hurt seeding
Goal is National Championship