* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 05:23:28 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by warriorchick
[May 18, 2024, 07:14:15 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by WhiteTrash
[May 18, 2024, 01:04:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Former Player News  (Read 21956 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Former Player News
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2016, 07:44:13 PM »
And really I'm not offended that he jokes that I have a boyfriend.  That would be nothing to be ashamed of.
No, but its the fact that he thinks it should be that says it all.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2016, 07:44:23 PM »
Race card?  I believe it was you who informed us that Will Gates and Bill Gates are a different nationality.  Tell us, which one don't you consider a real 'Murican?

Who said anything about homo-anything?  Why, I believe that was you as well when you tried to disparage Sultan in your astoundingly ignorant way by saying that his boyfriend liked him to bend over in the shower.

I'm sure you and Chicos pat each other on the back over ignorant sh!t like that, but really, there is no need to share your idiotic crap on a college basketball board.

Got it chief
rocket's posts give me zero boners.

In fact his posts usually makes my penis fall off.

Does this one count too? 
don't...don't don't don't don't

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2016, 08:10:01 PM »
Does this one count too?

Does what count too? What does getting boners over message board posts have to do with homophobia? Talking about boners doesn't make something homophobic. Implying someone is gay with the intent to insult them is.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2016, 04:59:39 AM »
Does what count too? What does getting boners over message board posts have to do with homophobia? Talking about boners doesn't make something homophobic. Implying someone is gay with the intent to insult them is.

i was referencing "idiotic crap" and everything was cool until that(sultan's) unnecessary jab(read, insult) at what started out as a very light hearted dialogue.  i suppose i could have taken the high road, but my "inner chicos" overtook me and i refuse to be "bullied" on this board. i rarely attack people personally, but there are some here who seem to troll for people they dislike; probably carry-over from the politics board and by association with others they don't like either.   

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2016, 07:19:16 AM »
i was referencing "idiotic crap" and everything was cool until that(sultan's) unnecessary jab(read, insult) at what started out as a very light hearted dialogue.  i suppose i could have taken the high road, but my "inner chicos" overtook me and i refuse to be "bullied" on this board. i rarely attack people personally, but there are some here who seem to troll for people they dislike; probably carry-over from the politics board and by association with others they don't like either.

Sultan's was light hearted. Yours was not.
TAMU

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2016, 08:16:43 AM »

What you either don't get, or are intentionally trying to deflect from, is that it isn't that you responded, it's that you responded with what was intended to be a homophobic slur. 
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2016, 09:06:03 AM »

You're the unnatural carnal knowledgeing worst. And in the year of 2016, there's some deep competition for that place in life.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2016, 10:14:09 AM »

I guess you still don't understand something.  Implying I am a homosexual is not an "attack" in any manner.  It isn't insulting to me in the least.

However it reflects poorly on you that you *think* it's an attack and insulting.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2016, 12:46:39 PM »

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2016, 01:16:53 PM »
You're the unnatural carnal knowledgeing worst. And in the year of 2016, there's some deep competition for that place in life.

No, she lost and has rightfully been assigned to the trash bin of history.

Death on call

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2016, 01:32:03 PM »
No, she lost and has rightfully been assigned to the trash bin of history.

I think future scholars will refer to this year as the trash bin of history.
TAMU

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2016, 02:04:51 PM »

I think future scholars will refer to this year as the trash bin of history.

Don't you mean the past 8 years?

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2016, 02:21:27 PM »
Gotta be awfully tough on them younguns livin' in Texas hell, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2016, 02:26:52 PM »
Sultan's was light hearted. Yours was not.

wait a second-first off, where is the "phobia"?  and secondly, how is sultan's interpreted as light hearted and not mine? 

i felt sultan's was as much an insult to me as all of you guys felt mine was phobic and insulting.  by the way, just as a reminder, i hired a gay person who has a standing offer to buy into the company/partnership.  not to mention all of the other associations i have...here we go...

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2016, 02:40:46 PM »
  "i felt sultan's was as much an insult to me as..."

not to mention, unsolicited and totally uncalled for

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2016, 02:46:21 PM »
you guys felt mine was phobic and insulting
No, we didn't feel it was phobic and insulting, it was phobic and insulting...which you still don't understand and never will.  But it sure was magnanimous of you to hire a gay person. ::)

My grandmother used to throw around the N word and use the term "darkies".  She didn't know any better either.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 02:49:12 PM by TSmith34 »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2016, 02:47:48 PM »
  "i felt sultan's was as much an insult to me as..."

not to mention, unsolicited and totally uncalled for

Dude it was a joke...that your posts not only give me zero boners (according to keefe's scale) but that they make my penis fall off.

If you were insulted by that, I am sorry.  I really meant nothing by it.  Let's just move on.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2016, 02:55:15 PM »
I can always tell a thread is going off the rails when I scroll down and all I see is post after post that says "You are ignoring this user."   ;D
Have some patience, FFS.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2016, 02:55:31 PM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2016, 02:59:42 PM »
I'm sorry if Sultan offended you. As I read it, Sultans comment basically amounted to "I disagree with Rocket Surgeon so much and so often that my penis falls off." Hyperbolic for sure, but he said nothing about you other than he disagrees with you. You implied that Sultan was gay and that somehow made him lesser. Using gay as an insult sends a message that being gay is a bad thing. That's where the homophobia is.

That being said, I wouldn't call you a homophobe. You just said something  homophobic. It happens to the best of us. I've said homophobic things before. You got called on it, no need to defend yourself. Just say sorry was trying to be funny and move on.

However, the "I hired a gay guy" is not a valid defense. I have a gay man in my wedding party. Doesn't change the fact that I've said homophobic things before.
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2016, 03:00:45 PM »
Don't you mean the past 8 years?

I quite enjoyed the last seven. And that's as far down the politics hole as I am going.
TAMU

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2016, 03:57:59 PM »
Earlier today I was thinking to myself Scoop isn't that interesting of late. Wrong.  Good job everybody, I mean it. Ring Out Ahoya

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2016, 04:42:40 PM »
Aw man! Came to check on updated "former player news" and got some rocket homophobia, yet another flash of Keefe's Hillary hate-boner, and a photo of an elephant trapped in a well. Scoopers be Scoopin!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 05:35:27 PM by Babybluejeans »

feedback