collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Official Brewer Playoff Thread  (Read 14989 times)

Gwaki

• All American
Re: The Official Brewer Playoff Thread
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2008, 08:45:04 AM »

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2008, 10:52:58 AM »
Why? Even though Corey is starting, but Tony Gwynn is a marginal starter if that.

I'm not against that move, given Hart's recent struggles (being kind). Plus, Gwynn gives you a true leadoff hitter, even though Cameron has been serviceable (better than Weeks) in that role.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2008, 05:09:17 PM »
Saw a little stat in ESPN the mag today...Corey Hart is one of the 5 WORST when it comes to swinging at the first pitch, something a lot of the Brewers struggle with, but him especially. That being the case, and the fact that he isn't seeing the ball at all, not seeing it well would still be tolerable, a change would not be out of the question.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2008, 11:26:30 PM »
Playoff roster was finalized today.  Nothing too surprising.  Of the non-regular season regulars, Gallardo, Gwynn, Stetter, and Brad Nelson are on it.  Nelson is only one somewhat surprising.  A reason they cited was his "outfield experience".  We can only hope that means Hart won't be allowed to stink it up the whole series before getting sat down.

MU05MUHS01

• Walk-On
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008, 12:34:21 PM »
I am stuck at work and will be unable to watch the game:

1.  Does anyone know if there is anyway to watch the game online?

2.  Is there anyway to get the game audio via the internet?  I have tried to listen to the Brewers in the past by going to WTMJ's website but they blacked out the game?

Go Brewers

JSwarriors08

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2008, 03:14:40 PM »
I am stuck at work and will be unable to watch the game:

1.  Does anyone know if there is anyway to watch the game online?

2.  Is there anyway to get the game audio via the internet?  I have tried to listen to the Brewers in the past by going to WTMJ's website but they blacked out the game?

Go Brewers

1. Not legally

2. Nope

I have tried to find online radio broadcasts for the Brewers on several occasions and have had absolutely no success.  MLB/ESPN gamecasts are the best way to go unless you want to pay for MLB TV/Audio.

JSwarriors08

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2008, 03:34:04 PM »
Does anyone else have the depressing feeling that the Brewers might not score a single run in this Phillies series?

I don't know what I was expecting.  I must have been naive to think that their bats would magically show up in October.  5 innings in and we have one hit.  Is there any statistic on how many games the Brewers have played where they haven't had a hit until after the 4th inning?  Because I'm pretty sure this feeling seems eerily familiar.  It's been happening more and more.

Also.  Rickie Weeks.  Error at second AGAIN causes a big inning for us when we would have/should have been out of it.  Thankfully they finally switched him out for counsell.  Weeks should not have progressed past AA.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2008, 03:37:46 PM »
all Cameron had to do was catch the ball in center and no runs score.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2008, 04:35:46 PM »
Boy, Hamels really took it to The Crew today. Hopefully tomorrow things will look a little better. They looked really bad offensively and defensively today.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2008, 04:48:55 PM »
almost tied it. Again, Corey Hart sucks offensively stranding the tying run in scoring position.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2008, 04:53:13 PM »
They looked really bad offensively and defensively today.

Today?

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2008, 05:10:29 PM »
Today?

Easy bud, the Chubs haven't won anything yet.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2008, 07:05:45 PM »
all Cameron had to do was catch the ball in center and no runs score.

all Bill Hall had to do was field that bunt cleanly...
all Rickie Weeks had to do was catch a little lob at first...

The play by Cameron would have been a heck of a catch, hence the scoring as a double. I was listening to it on the radio, and the way Powell described it, you would have thought that Cameron caught and then dropped it, but the replay shows it wasn't that close. It really would have been a great catch.

Had Hall and/or Weeks even made a routine play we could be talking about a 1-0 Brewers win, or at least a very different game.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2008, 08:42:52 PM »
I haven't gone off the deep end yet.

I really felt that this game was a must-win for the Phillies, and not so much the Brewers.  All though it was important for the Brewers to win, (and didn't), it isn't nearly over.  If the Phillies would have given us this game, we would have gone into having CC pitch being up 1-0 in the series, and the Phillies would be treading water.

With that said, tomorrow is must-win for the Brewers.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2008, 10:09:23 PM »
all Bill Hall had to do was field that bunt cleanly...
all Rickie Weeks had to do was catch a little lob at first...

The play by Cameron would have been a heck of a catch, hence the scoring as a double. I was listening to it on the radio, and the way Powell described it, you would have thought that Cameron caught and then dropped it, but the replay shows it wasn't that close. It really would have been a great catch.

Had Hall and/or Weeks even made a routine play we could be talking about a 1-0 Brewers win, or at least a very different game.

because he took about 3 steps in before adjusting to it going over his head

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2008, 11:29:54 PM »
because he took about 3 steps in before adjusting to it going over his head
Exactly.  He misread the ball, and THEN almost made a very nice play.  Even after he misjudged it he still had the ball in his glove and it popped out.  If Hall fields it cleanly and we turn 2, or even if Weeks catches the easy throw, we get out of that inning with 0 runs scored rather than 3 and it's a completely different game.  We have CC going tomorrow, so I'm hoping for a win, and then have 2 home games.  This series has just started.  I'm fine with today's result...Hamels is very good and we had a guy pitching who had pitched once in 5 months.  Let's go Brewers!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2008, 01:34:08 AM »
Exactly.  He misread the ball, and THEN almost made a very nice play.  Even after he misjudged it he still had the ball in his glove and it popped out.  If Hall fields it cleanly and we turn 2, or even if Weeks catches the easy throw, we get out of that inning with 0 runs scored rather than 3 and it's a completely different game.  We have CC going tomorrow, so I'm hoping for a win, and then have 2 home games.  This series has just started.  I'm fine with today's result...Hamels is very good and we had a guy pitching who had pitched once in 5 months.  Let's go Brewers!

I suppose I should clarify. I didn't expect the Brewers to win today. Hamels is the kind of guy (meaning: he has a nasty changeup) that can do exactly what he did to the Brewers lineup today. The fact that the Crew lost 3-1 and all 3 runs were unearned as the result of not one but two botched plays in one really sticks in my craw (to use a really old expression). The game was entirely winnable, even when Gallardo struggled with his command, but thanks to two of the most error-prone infielders in the NL, the Brewers missed a great opportunity to steal a game.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2008, 07:58:00 AM »
I think you guys are completely overreacting to Cameron's play.  They marked it a double for a reason.  95% of centerfielders wouldn't have even gotten glove on the ball.  Be realistic.

Rickie Weeks playing was unforgivable, and once again he is not only a defensive liability, but an offensive one as well.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2008, 11:46:35 AM »
1. Not legally

2. Nope

I have tried to find online radio broadcasts for the Brewers on several occasions and have had absolutely no success.  MLB/ESPN gamecasts are the best way to go unless you want to pay for MLB TV/Audio.

So by 'Not legally' you mean yes but you have to pay 15$

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2008, 12:54:18 PM »
I think you guys are completely overreacting to Cameron's play.  They marked it a double for a reason.  95% of centerfielders wouldn't have even gotten glove on the ball.  Be realistic.

Rickie Weeks playing was unforgivable, and once again he is not only a defensive liability, but an offensive one as well.
The thing is Cameron got a glove on it while taking 3 steps in on a ball that was over his head, and then angling back.  If he takes the right path to that ball he is standing behind it catching it above his head.

Completely agree on Weeks, and the worst part is he will be back in the lineup on Saturday.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JSwarriors08

« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2008, 02:01:16 PM »
So by 'Not legally' you mean yes but you have to pay 15$

Concerning point number one: I should have specified that I meant for free.

JSwarriors08

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2008, 09:36:48 AM »
I think I'm starting to understand why Cubs fans are so miserable all the time  :-[

feedback