Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Snaer Visit  (Read 6180 times)

MU Chi_IL

• Team Captain
  • Marquette is Solid Gold!
Snaer Visit
« on: September 25, 2008, 01:45:16 PM »
Is Snaer visiting this weekend, or has that ship sailed?

MuMark

• All American
Re: Snaer Visit
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 01:51:02 PM »
He will be here.

HoopDreams

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 03:58:33 PM »
There better be signs and t-shirts everywhere on campus for this kid. Let's go Buzz. Welcome to Marquette Michael Snaer.
Tradition Never Graduates..

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 04:08:15 PM »
Personally I think we need more posts bad mouthing our coach's state of mind.  Really give perhaps the biggest recruit to ever visit MU a good head's up. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 04:14:24 PM »
Signs, T-shirts, really? Like that's going to make a difference. I'd rather he hit it off with the coaching staff, University, teammates, and availability of playing time than with a bunch of yahoos yelling, "Mikey we want you more than Kansas or UCLA." Now, weather on the other hand may play into it a bit.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

nyg

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 04:18:18 PM »
No circus show, just a hoops show from the players and staff.  B-ball in the Big East.  There have been a bunch of commitments this week for many programs and lets hope he doesn't keep the staff lingering. 

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 04:38:44 PM »
supposed to be a pretty nice weekend weather wise....

Kansas weather ain't all that grand-
Dorothy!?!!!

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 09:35:17 PM »
Personally I think we need more posts bad mouthing our coach's state of mind.  Really give perhaps the biggest recruit to ever visit MU a good head's up. 

Why do some people on this board think that these chat boards have any impact?  Pretty sure mr. snaer isn't to concerned about what MUscoopers have to say...

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 01:20:05 AM »
Hopefully he feels comfortable on the Marquette campus.  Likes what he sees in regards to our committment to a good basketball program and sincerity about him as a person, and oh yea, will be getting a great education.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 02:03:58 AM »
Why do some people on this board think that these chat boards have any impact?  Pretty sure mr. snaer isn't to concerned about what MUscoopers have to say...
That's what you think... I heard that he spent most of his summer cycling through the message boards for the schools he was considering to see what the fans had to say.  In fact I heard it's his number 1 consideration for what school he ultimately attends.

Of course, I heard this for the first time in my own head while I was typing it, but I did hear it.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 08:40:50 AM »
That's what you think... I heard that he spent most of his summer cycling through the message boards for the schools he was considering to see what the fans had to say.  In fact I heard it's his number 1 consideration for what school he ultimately attends.

Of course, I heard this for the first time in my own head while I was typing it, but I did hear it.
This board could use a psychic.

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 08:53:34 AM »

I have had the opportunity to speak with many parents of MU players and the players themselves. I can tell you they all read these message boards--probably the parents more than the players, but both check it out. Most schools have someone in the athletic department monitor the boards due to this very fact. I know of recruits who have asked coaches which message boards they should look at. When kids are making up their minds, the message boards are a piece of the puzzle. I know one player's family knew all about Murf before the player even set foot on campus.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 10:13:05 AM »
Well from the land of great surprises a post from gato 78 about message boards and players.  i can only guess that his previous 10 posts pertained to this same topic as he, Dodds, and IWb continue on their three man? crusade to rid the world of negative comments, real or perceived, towards MU players and especially on Tom Crean. Man Crush  :-*

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 10:31:18 AM »
Well from the land of great surprises a post from gato 78 about message boards and players.  i can only guess that his previous 10 posts pertained to this same topic as he, Dodds, and IWb continue on their three man? crusade to rid the world of negative comments, real or perceived, towards MU players and especially on Tom Crean. Man Crush  :-*

Wow.

What did Dodds ever do to you?

If you have a different viewpoint, that's cool. But why the attack?

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 10:48:25 AM »
Simply annoying when the patronizing thought police get on their same soap box and scour the message board waitng like rats in the night to make the same dumb comments. 

We know kids and parents read the baords, news flash 99.9999% of stuff on this board and anyother MU board is positive.  Evry school has it's Murph in fact the bigger schools have many more.  Mu does not have to recruit against Arrest, NCAA violations, Fire so and so .com, and all the other negatives that many if not most schoiols have goin on at any given time. Mu has many tremendous positives to sell.  Any Mu recruit is goin to base his decison on his relatonship with the players and the coaches and his perception of his role and where he feels the program is going.  That along with academic considerations are the basis of a kids decison making process, not reading murph say tavis Diener is too small to be a big time PG.  the annoyance is lickety split certain people with an over ly inflated sense of worth attempt to talk down to an entire community liek it makes a difference.  Gato has talked to these parents...yet why are their children here if it is so bad? oh?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 11:06:27 AM »
Evry (sic) school has it's (sic) Murph MR HAYWARD in fact the bigger schools have many more. 

Corrected.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 11:19:49 AM »

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 11:41:25 AM »
Simply annoying when the patronizing thought police get on their same soap box and scour the message board waitng like rats in the night to make the same dumb comments. 

We know kids and parents read the baords, news flash 99.9999% of stuff on this board and anyother MU board is positive.  Evry school has it's Murph in fact the bigger schools have many more.  Mu does not have to recruit against Arrest, NCAA violations, Fire so and so .com, and all the other negatives that many if not most schoiols have goin on at any given time. Mu has many tremendous positives to sell.  Any Mu recruit is goin to base his decison on his relatonship with the players and the coaches and his perception of his role and where he feels the program is going.  That along with academic considerations are the basis of a kids decison making process, not reading murph say tavis Diener is too small to be a big time PG.  the annoyance is lickety split certain people with an over ly inflated sense of worth attempt to talk down to an entire community liek it makes a difference.  Gato has talked to these parents...yet why are their children here if it is so bad? oh?

So I respond to a comment about why message boards are somewhat important and I am attacked by the inimitable Mr. Hayward, a guy who has changed his name many times over so as to escape the "thought police". All I was trying to say was that a-holes have an effect on perceptions of those who read these boards. Seems to me Mr. Hayward has quite convincingly validated the first part of my point. So I guess the only issue is whether a guy like Mr. Hayward has any impact. If the argument is that negative guys like Mr. Hayward have no impact, then why bother posting on this topic?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 11:46:10 AM by Gato78 »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 12:20:57 PM »
Wow.

What did Dodds ever do to you?

If you have a different viewpoint, that's cool. But why the attack?

Probably banned him like everyone else who ever posted an enlightening criticism of the now departed ex-headcoach.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 12:42:03 PM »
If the argument is that negative guys like Mr. Hayward have no impact, then why bother posting on this topic?

Again, a judgement from on high.  Sorry Charlie, I do not make ad hominem attacks on the kids.  i do debate and bring up limitations or weaknesses no different than i bring up strenghts.  both salient points any fan should be allowed to bring up when discussing his or any other team.  go read the message boards of Kansas, UNC, and Kentucky,  they are some of the most rabid fans you will ever encounter and low and behold they discuss players weaknesses and more.  Seems to me they still seem to attract top flight talent after top flight talent.  Your crusade in the defense of Tom Crean surely would have had led you to the IU site on a numerous times daily basis so i figured you would have realized this by now.   

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2008, 01:00:22 PM »
Lust clouds ration.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 01:39:45 PM »
Probably banned him like everyone else who ever posted an enlightening criticism of the now departed ex-headcoach.

That would be correct, except that MU02 is really Joanie or Riley.  He is the designated Crean apologist.  Never has critcized any aspect of Crean's tenure.  Maybe he is Dodds.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2008, 01:51:20 PM »
Hokay, we're done here.  Totally unproductive in the extreme.  Locked.

feedback