Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [GoMarquette.com] MU To Face Challenging Schedule In 2008-09  (Read 2121 times)

GoMarquetteSays

[GoMarquette.com] MU To Face Challenging Schedule In 2008-09
« on: September 04, 2008, 03:45:03 PM »
MU To Face Challenging Schedule In 2008-09

Marquette To Face Challenging Schedule In 2008-09   
Home Schedule Includes Seven Postseason Teams From 2007-08
Milwaukee – A total of 14 games against postseason teams from last season, including seven matchups at the Bradley Center, highlight the 2008-09 Marquette University men’s basketball schedule.

Nearly half of the squad’s regular season contests, thanks to crossover BIG EAST opponents that include Georgetown and Villanova, will feature teams that participated in the postseason a year ago.  Nine of the programs accounting for the 14 total games were invited to the NCAA Tournament along with the Golden Eagles.

“We put the schedule together with the idea that is prepares us in the best possible way for the postseason,” head coach Buzz Williams said.  “We play a Big Ten opponent at home, a SEC opponent at a neutral site and an ACC opponent on the road – each of these challenges will prepare us for BIG EAST play.”

Following an exhibition matchup Nov. 9, the regular season opener comes Nov. 14 against Houston-Baptist and will mark first-year head coach Buzz Williams’ first opportunity to direct the Golden Eagles.

Following the season lidlifter, two of the team’s next three contests will come at the Bradley Center as part of the 2008 Chicago Invitational.  MU will face Chicago State (Nov. 17) and Texas Southern (Nov. 25) in the eight-team tourney before concluding the event at the Sears Centre Nov. 28 & 29 versus Northern Iowa and Dayton.

Inserted into the four contests of the tournament is a Nov. 22 date at home versus cross-town foe UW-Milwaukee.  The Golden Eagles and Panthers renewed the series in 2007-08, with Marquette extending its winning streak in the matchup to 35 games.

A date with Central Michigan on Dec. 2 begins a three-game homestand, which is highlighted by a Dec. 6 contest versus rival Wisconsin at the Bradley Center.  MU will be looking to capture back-to-back wins in the series after earning a rare victory at the Kohl Center in 2007-08.

Participation in the BIG EAST/SEC Invitational and a road date at an Atlantic Coast Conference program highlight the remainder of the non-conference slate.  MU will face Tennessee of the SEC on Dec. 16 in a neutral site matchup at the Sommet Center in Nashville, Tenn.  Marquette and North Carolina State renew their series on Dec. 22 in Raleigh, N.C., meeting for the first time since 1992.
--more--
“We will schedule nationally, just as we recruit nationally, and will play high-major programs at home, on the road or at neutral sites,” Williams added.  “Three of our non-conference opponents (Tennessee, Wisconsin and Dayton) finished in the top-30 in the RPI in 2007-08 and I think that will be great preparation for the complexion of our team.”

Marquette’s fourth season in the BIG EAST Conference tips off with a New Year’s Day contest against Villanova at the Bradley Center.  MU will play three of its first four league outings at home, which includes dates against Cincinnati (Jan. 4) and West Virginia (Jan. 10).

A busy home slate in January will see the Golden Eagles play five games in Milwaukee, capped by a rematch against Georgetown on Jan. 31.  Following the matchup with the Hoyas, a three-game road swing will take MU to DePaul (Feb. 3), USF (Feb. 6) and Villanova (Feb. 10).

Following home dates against St. John’s (Feb. 14) and Seton Hall (Feb. 17), MU travels to Georgetown (Feb. 21) before hosting Connecticut (Feb. 25).

Road contests at Louisville (March 1 – CBS national game) and Pittsburgh (March 4) will lead into the regular-season finale against Syracuse (March 7).  The team will honor the four members of its senior class (Dwight Burke, Dominic James, Wes Matthews and Jerel McNeal) that night.

The BIG EAST Championship, which will include all 16 teams for the first time, will once again be held at Madison Square Garden (March 10-14) in New York City.

The Golden Eagles finished 25-10 in 2007-08 and participated in the NCAA Tournament for the third-straight year, falling to Stanford 82-81 in overtime in the second round.

Season tickets and five-game mini plans are still available for as little as $9 per game by calling 414-288-GOMU or online at gomarquette.com/tickets.

Group tickets will be available to season ticket holders on Monday, October 6 and to those who purchased 2007-08 group tickets on Monday, October 13. Group tickets will go on sale to the general public on Monday, October 20.

Individual game tickets will go on sale to season ticket holders on Saturday, October 18 and to the general public on Saturday, November 1.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 03:50:00 PM by mu_hilltopper »

mwbauer7

• All American
Re: [GoMarquette.com] MU To Face Challenging Schedule In 2008-09
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 05:12:33 PM »
Does anyone know if one of those things you can download into Outlook will become available?

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 05:17:21 PM »
Does anyone know if one of those things you can download into Outlook will become available?

I'm not sure, but once more of the details come out (times), I'll be making a gCal schedule and will provide a link to everyone.  From there you should just be able to download the iCal or XML file and upload it into Outlook.

I think a few of the people on here might have used the calender I created last year in Outlook, but I really can't say since I have stuck with gCal thus far.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 10:02:02 PM »

I think a few of the people on here might have used the calender I created last year in Outlook, but I really can't say since I have stuck with gCal thus far.

I used your Outlook calendar last year, and it was very nice to have. 
Ludum habemus.

DoubleMU0609

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 01:37:58 PM »
I used the outlook file two years ago and it was really helpful.  Since then I've switched over to Gmail and google calender.  Does the same file work for those applications?