Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Road Games?  (Read 3704 times)

reinko

• All American
Road Games?
« on: September 04, 2008, 02:59:55 PM »
Any one planning on roadtrippinng this year?  I live out east, so I am definetly in for the Providence game, most likely the G'Town game.

And if the date works out, the South Florida game too.

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
Re: Road Games?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 03:09:37 PM »
I just moved out to the DC area (Arlington) a few days ago and am already looking forward to meeting a bunch of MU alums and fans at the G-town game.  I'm for sure in.

Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to make it to some more of the east coast games, but we'll see how work's going.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 03:25:22 PM »
Rocky and I are trying to hit at least one MU conference game in every one of our conference foes arenas in 10 years.  It "started" last year so 9 years left.. We did Cincinnati last year and DePaul in the past so only 13 more to go.  We'll probably go to at least one new one this season but which just depends on the scheduling.  Would be nice to knock off two northeast located games at once if they were played within a few days of each other.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 03:39:58 PM »
Got a bus for students going to Depaul, hopefully Louisville as well

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 02:16:17 PM »
Anyone in the DC area have an idea of when tickets for the Georgetown game will be available?  I definitely need to make sure I get to that game.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 02:31:53 PM »
I'm looking at a few away/neutral games this season.  Definitely the Chicago Invitational, @Providence, @DePaul, possibly @Georgetown, and an outside chance for the game @Louisville.  What else is there to do during winter?  Work?  Cmon.

Side note...the bus trip for the '07 DePaul game was one of the better-ish times I had in college.  I love that the beverage volume of choice was 40 oz, although it was rough with only one bathroom on board.  That was also the game I commandeered the table displaying DePaul's admissions brochures and told every kid who inquired that he could do better for himself.

Carl Spackler

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 02:52:33 PM »
Anyone in the DC area have an idea of when tickets for the Georgetown game will be available?  I definitely need to make sure I get to that game.

2 years ago MU handled getting tickets for anyone who wanted them.  made it very easy.  of course the game wasnt very good for us......but a great MU fan turnout. 

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 03:03:14 PM »
2 years ago MU handled getting tickets for anyone who wanted them.  made it very easy.  of course the game wasnt very good for us......but a great MU fan turnout. 

Music to my ears.  Thanks.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 06:21:50 PM »
Who all remembers the DePaul bus trip in 2005-2006?  I know a lot of posters here were on that bus.  It turned into a sh!t show pretty quick.  Thank you Ben Simon.  Thank you.

If there are any students out there I highly recommend the DePaul bus trip. 

reinko

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 06:42:43 PM »
If anyone makes it out to Providence please PM me.  Some friends and I are going R. Kelly style and be hosting a hotel party at the Westin down the street from the Dunkin Donuts Center from about noon on.

Providence is only about an hour south of me in Boston, and that game being at 9pm on Saturday will turn into a complete sh!t show.

Come celebrate all the Providence has to offer!  A huge mall (complete with a Dave and Busters), stuck up kids from Brown, and the beautiful TF Green Airport.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 07:59:12 AM »
Who all remembers the DePaul bus trip in 2005-2006?  I know a lot of posters here were on that bus.  It turned into a sh!t show pretty quick.  Thank you Ben Simon.  Thank you.

If there are any students out there I highly recommend the DePaul bus trip. 

I have to agree with TT here.  It was a great trip!

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 10:11:03 AM »
Well, I plan on going to the Rutgers game at the RAC. Just a 40 minute ride for me. Even the nose bleed seats are not that bad.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 11:00:02 AM »
If anyone makes it out to Providence please PM me.  Some friends and I are going R. Kelly style and be hosting a hotel party at the Westin down the street from the Dunkin Donuts Center from about noon on.

Providence is only about an hour south of me in Boston, and that game being at 9pm on Saturday will turn into a complete sh!t show.

Come celebrate all the Providence has to offer!  A huge mall (complete with a Dave and Busters), stuck up kids from Brown, and the beautiful TF Green Airport.

You might want to be careful about using the term R. Kelly style.

MARQKC

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 10:42:29 PM »
Consider the Big East Tournament at MSG in NYC. I've gone every year since we joined the conference. It's an incredible college basketball environment, with good fellowship among the fans and superb action on the court. Plus, its the Big Apple. MU picks a bar for alumni to hang. There's an all-school buffet at MSG one day and a conference-sponsored career fair where employer-alumni of conference schools visit with students from conference schools on another.

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 07:40:28 AM »
I'll definately be at Georgetown and most likely will be at Rutgers.

eaglewarrior - welcome to the DC area.  I'll either post or pm you if I know of viewing locations for games.  We're also going to be arranging something aside from the alumni group for Georgetown, so I'll keep you posted.

My current BE road games have been:

Georgetown
Pitt
Villanova
Louisville
West Virginia
Cincinatti

I'm kicking myself for never taking a trip to DePaul

feedback