Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Michael Snaer  (Read 7485 times)

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
Michael Snaer
« on: August 08, 2008, 12:47:54 PM »
Despite some reports that have Snaer committing to both Missouri and Florida St. within the past week or so it sounds like at this point he is still considering 4 schools while UCLA apparently has dropped out of the picture.  Looks like it could be between Marquette, Missouri, Florida St., and Stanford.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Michael Snaer
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 03:34:35 PM »
Despite some reports that have Snaer committing to both Missouri and Florida St. within the past week or so it sounds like at this point he is still considering 4 schools while UCLA apparently has dropped out of the picture.  Looks like it could be between Marquette, Missouri, Florida St., and Stanford.

Word out here for quite some time is that UCLA didn't want to deal with some of the extras this kid brings to the table. 

When I spoke with my inside UCLA guys a few weeks back they all said no way Snaer was coming to UCLA for a number of reasons.  He's really talented, but UCLA has the luxury of not having to deal with anything they perceive as more risk then they deem worthy.  At times they will, but in this case they are not.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 04:02:26 PM »
if he committed to MU, would Buzz make sure there is a way to get him on the squad?

nyg

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 04:11:25 PM »
I hope Buzz would make some room/move for the 20th ranked prospect in the country. 

wampum77

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 07:34:54 PM »
I don't know what Snaer's baggage is but I sure hope whatever the issues are they are scrutinized very thoroughly by Buzz regardless of his ranking.  I assume Fr.Wild has made this clear to BUzzz.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 09:56:44 PM »
for a guy who loves to come on the board an take such high ground and patoronize people by 'reminding" everyone that they are kids, this is a pretty low blow at the kid.  at least have the character to mention what this so called baggage is as oppsed to just insinuating that Mu should not want this 'kid".

classless

nola03

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 08:44:24 AM »
for a guy who loves to come on the board an take such high ground and patoronize people by 'reminding" everyone that they are kids, this is a pretty low blow at the kid.  at least have the character to mention what this so called baggage is as oppsed to just insinuating that Mu should not want this 'kid".

classless

Weak attempt.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 09:30:47 AM »
Word out here for quite some time is that UCLA didn't want to deal with some of the extras this kid brings to the table. 

When I spoke with my inside UCLA guys a few weeks back they all said no way Snaer was coming to UCLA for a number of reasons.  He's really talented, but UCLA has the luxury of not having to deal with anything they perceive as more risk then they deem worthy.  At times they will, but in this case they are not.
  What is the "baggage"...??

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 12:47:22 PM »
Baggage is too strong a word.  One thing about message boards is that it can't tell the tone of the person's intent.  I just re-read what I wrote and I can see how it may have come off that way...I apologize.

Snaer is a great player.  All I've heard locally is that he and his group (AAU coach, family) want assurances of playing time.  UCLA is going to have Jrue Holliday next year who is an absolute friggin stud.  He's likely one and done.  So on one hand UCLA would love to have Snaer's services, but from my understanding they simply won't get into the guaranteeing of minutes stuff.  UCLA doesn't have to do that nor will Howland's principled stand allow it.

UCLA actually had Snaer on campus this week even though Snaer has said UCLA is not on the list any longer.  His AAU coach made some comments about Howland's recruiting of him calling it a "ploy" when Howland basically told Snaer that Jrue was a one and done player....in essence trying to get Snaer to come, not be a starter, get 10-15 minutes per game in year one and start year two (you know, how it used to be   :'(  ). 

At any rate, apparently those feelings aren't necessarily shared by the Snaer camp (or so these folks tell me....pure conjecture). 

So that's the deal.  Howland is an old school coach, much like Ryan and others.  They don't like being told about how many minutes recruits should play and they believe everything must be earned.  Some of today's recruits want more guarantees then some coaches are ready to give.

That doesn't make it baggage, but certainly items that some staffs aren't always going to embrace.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2008, 01:44:32 PM »
I'm a little surprised with the Maymon posts and now this one.  Isn't part of MU's belief in helping those in need.  We don't know anything about these kids or the situations surrounding them, but I do know that MU can be a great place for kids to get their heads on straight and be around some great role models, as many colleges are, so don't tell me that MU should or shouldn't take a kid when you know little about them.  It all needs to be handled on an individual basis.  What we should be concerned with is kids that come to MU and leave without making strides in their areas of needs.

dennycrane

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 03:56:35 PM »
I'm a little surprised with the Maymon posts and now this one.  Isn't part of MU's belief in helping those in need.  We don't know anything about these kids or the situations surrounding them, but I do know that MU can be a great place for kids to get their heads on straight and be around some great role models, as many colleges are, so don't tell me that MU should or shouldn't take a kid when you know little about them.  It all needs to be handled on an individual basis.  What we should be concerned with is kids that come to MU and leave without making strides in their areas of needs.

Kids in need? Snaer needs playing time and Marquette believes they should help him with that.  ;)

bma725

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 05:42:14 PM »
UCLA actually had Snaer on campus this week even though Snaer has said UCLA is not on the list any longer. 

On his most recent list, from 8/5, UCLA was still there.  They'd been off the list earlier, but his top 5 as of 4 days ago was UCLA, Marquette, Missouri, Florida State and UNLV.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 08:43:58 PM »
WOW!  Come on down!

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 04:24:42 PM »
Although he would be a tremendous get, before we get too excited about Snaer coming to MU, ya' gotta' ask yourself....is Buzz gonna' guarantee him PT?  I doubt it, and therefore don't expect to see him committing to us.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 04:38:08 PM »
At this point, I'm not sure Buzz can guarantee a scholarship, let alone playing time.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.