collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:41:27 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: raw meat for 4ever and his ilk  (Read 4047 times)

Coach Norman Dale

• Starter
raw meat for 4ever and his ilk
« on: August 07, 2008, 02:24:58 PM »
From the Indianapolis Business Journal website on August 1,, 2008

On your mark, get set, go -- start your bitching

IU names Crean to AD search team

Indiana University President Michael McRobbie announced this afternoon that the school has formed a 13-person search committee to find a replacement for athletic director Rick Greenspan. The search committee will include faculty members, administrators and alumni. The search committee will be chaired by IU Vice President for Engagement Bill Stephan.

The committee also will include men’s basketball coach Tom Crean, former soccer coach Jerry Yeagley and former IU football star Anthony Thompson. Sources close to the university told IBJ that Crean made his inclusion on the search committee a stipulation in recent negotiations to extend and fatten his contract. [Emphasis added] No current member of the IU football staff is on the search committee.

Other notable members of the search committee are Jim Morris, Pacers Sports & Entertainment president; MaryEllen Bishop, partner with the Bose McKinney and Evans law firm in Indianapolis; and Bruce Jaffee, a well known professor of business economics and public policy at IU.

Stephan, an attorney who formerly served as vice president for corporate communications and community relations at Clarian Health in Indianapolis, has vast experience in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Greenspan, who has been under fire for his role in hiring and monitoring former basketball coach Kelvin Sampson, will resign Dec. 31.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: raw meat for 4ever and his ilk
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 02:35:59 PM »
Whoa, whoa, whoa.  An "Athletic Director Search Committee"?

What will these new-fangled iPod kids think of next.  Back in my day ...

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 02:36:05 PM »
I could care less I don't give a crap that Crean is on the search committee.  Good for him negotiating that deal.

However, having a 13 person search committee is really stupid.  Maybe more stupid than not conducting a competitive search for an AD or interviewing any candidates.  Way too many people... subject to all of the biases of GroupThink. 

*fixed
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 03:30:02 PM by Henry Sugar »
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Coach Norman Dale

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 02:46:42 PM »
I could care less that Crean is on the search committee.  Good for him negotiating that deal.

However, having a 13 person search committee is really stupid.  Maybe more stupid than not conducting a competitive search for an AD or interviewing any candidates.  Way too many people... subject to all of the biases of GroupThink. 

I cannot help myself:  It is my pet peeve, and no offense intended, but my one man fight to eradicate the illogical phrase must go on --------> The phrase is "I could NOT care less"!  Please think about it.   

On the other issue, I agree w/ you on the size of the committee -- way too big, but there are some top flight people in that group. 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 02:54:45 PM by Coach Norman Dale »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 03:14:21 PM »
It's no wonder Crean thinks his stuff don't stink and his head (that which is directly on top of his neck), is bigger than the rest of his body. Now he's been anoited and gets to hire his boss. Where does this runaway power train end?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 03:21:21 PM »
I guess I am more surprised that Crean is on the commitee while the football coach is not.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 03:42:03 PM »
So does this mean a Harbaugh will get hired?  :)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 04:12:46 PM »
It's no wonder Crean thinks his stuff don't stink and his head (that which is directly on top of his neck), is bigger than the rest of his body. Now he's been anoited and gets to hire his boss. Where does this runaway power train end?

I think the size of Crean's head is exactly why they couldn't fit another person on the committee interviewing panel table!
SS Marquette

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 04:22:40 PM »
What next from IU? naming Crean coach for life?!?! Change the nickname of the school to Indiana Crean's?? 

Jesus. This guy is getting everything he wants.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire