[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Brewers article on ESPN  (Read 3451 times)

sv48

• Starter
Brewers article on ESPN
« on: August 06, 2008, 03:27:02 PM »
I saw this Brewers article on ESPN , it looks pretty intresting but I cant read the whole article without being an Insider, if anyone here is an insider please copy and paste the article here. Here is the link of the article:
http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3521415&name=olney_buster&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos2&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d3521415%26name%3dolney_buster%26lpos%3dspotlight%26lid%3dtab3pos2

thanks in advance. ;D

IAmMarquette

• All American
Re: Brewers article on ESPN
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 03:47:20 PM »
I better not lose my subscription over this  ;)

Good vibe in Brewers' clubhouse day after scrap
Wednesday, August 6, 2008

After the crowd of reporters around Prince Fielder in the visitors' clubhouse disappeared in Cincinnati Tuesday evening, a teammate walked over a copy of the USA Today sports section to Fielder and Mike Cameron, and the Brewers' players all laughed at the black-and-white picture of an enraged Fielder being contained by teammates after his dust-up with teammate Manny Parra.

"Check out Bushie," one of them said. Dave Bush, the gangly pitcher, looked like a Yugo caught up in a 10-car pileup amid the crush of bodies in the photo. Bush walked over from his locker and joked about how he has a habit of getting caught up in brawls.

Directly across the room from Fielder's locker, Parra sat quietly at his own locker alone, iPod headphones attached to his ears. Fielder got up and walked out of the room, and a few minutes later, Cameron strolled up to Parra and, with a wave of his hand, summoned the pitcher. It was clear what was taking place: Fielder wanted to talk to Parra in a private spot, to hash out the incident that occurred in the dugout during Monday's game.

Reportedly, Fielder had been upset that Parra was prepared to leave the dugout after he was replaced, rather than to remain and watch the Brewers' hitters bat. This has often been an issue through the years in the divide between pitchers and position players. Some position players believe that if a pitcher leaves the dugout after his own personal work is over, it can be a selfish act.

But before Tuesday's game, the vibe in the Brewers' clubhouse was good, the players seemingly moving in the right direction, toward healing. Before his clandestine meeting with Parra, Fielder had acknowledged that the frustration over the Brewers' recent play probably played a role in the clash.

"We've got a good team and we haven't been playing well," said Fielder.

Fielder acknowledged that he made a mistake for the way the confrontation played out, and mentioned that he and Parra had played together for years. But the first baseman did not apologize for the emotion he felt in that moment; he does not want the Brewers' hopes to crumble down the stretch, as they did last year.

"I don't want to feel that again," he said, "playing for nothing."

Fielder and Bush then contributed in a big way to the Brewers' victory over the Reds.

sv48

• Starter
Re: Brewers article on ESPN
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 04:00:52 PM »
thanks a lot,  :)