[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Galway Eagle
[Today at 04:04:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Anyone play College Hoops 2K8?  (Read 6267 times)

YoungMUFan4

• All American
Anyone play College Hoops 2K8?
« on: August 05, 2008, 11:26:52 PM »
Since there is no 2k9 coming out, I am working with some other guys at operation sports on rosters for the 08-09 season.  I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions as to ratings for the newcomers.  Also, I have been playing around with the appearances but I'm having a little trouble finding the right one for each player. If you guys can match the appearance, let me know.

Tommy Brice for Coach

• Team Captain
  • Tommy Brice is my hero
Re: Anyone play College Hoops 2K8?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 08:34:34 AM »
Since there is no 2k9 coming out

Woah woah woah when did this happen?

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
  • Wish I was at the Maui Invitational
    • The Truth
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 09:28:15 AM »
Just get March Madness 09. Or steal the ratings from it when it comes out.
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

YoungMUFan4

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 09:38:02 AM »
I would but March Madness has been, in recent history, a horrible game.  They have soooo many roster errors its not even funny.  I'm not even going to get into how bad the gameplay is.

http://kotaku.com/344534/take+two-college-hoops-canceled

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6184658.html
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/College-Hoops-2K9-Cancelled-EA-s-Fault-8308.html

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 02:56:48 AM »
Honestly, I hate how these companies are buying out the rights, to kill competition.  EA bought the football rights killing the 2k football games, which at the time were becoming a better game then Madden (honestly, Madden is pretty over-rated)... however, 2k bought the rights to MLB games... killing the MVP series, which, 2005, the last one, was the best MLB game I have ever played, and I love baseball games.

Killing competition so you don't have to improve your game isn't good for the customers.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 07:03:24 AM »
WHAT?! no more CH2k8?!?!?!

Yes I do agree that buying out the rights is a terrible idea for sports video games.  Hopefully this wont happen with 2Ks NBA series.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 08:44:41 AM »
2k bought the rights to MLB games... killing the MVP series, which, 2005, the last one, was the best MLB game I have ever played, and I love baseball games.

I still play MVP 2005.  You're right it is an incredible game.  Though if you want a great soundtrack pickup MVP 2004.

I loved the MVP games, however, 2K has done some amazing things with their baseball games.  The pitching and hittings controls have improved greatly from the old MVP games.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 09:53:33 AM »
I still play MVP 2005.  You're right it is an incredible game.  Though if you want a great soundtrack pickup MVP 2004.

I loved the MVP games, however, 2K has done some amazing things with their baseball games.  The pitching and hittings controls have improved greatly from the old MVP games.

2k bought the MLB rights, and then bought all the developers from MVP two years later. 2k has done a great job with the controls making the game fun again, but this year's game was bug-tastic. The lead developer said it's a three step process: Overhaul, new innovations, and polishing to make a rival to MVP 05

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 10:04:31 AM »
I haven't really encountered too many bugs.  What bugs have you had?  Bringing the MVP people over explains why the game has that MVP feel to it.

I'm awaiting the updated rosters 2K puts out every month so I can get Harden on the Cubs.  I'd assume Brewer fans would like to see CC on their team as well.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 10:54:53 AM »
I haven't really encountered too many bugs.  What bugs have you had?  Bringing the MVP people over explains why the game has that MVP feel to it.

I'm awaiting the updated rosters 2K puts out every month so I can get Harden on the Cubs.  I'd assume Brewer fans would like to see CC on their team as well.

How's online working for you?

My VIP never saves the cards either.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 11:02:54 AM »
How's online working for you?

My VIP never saves the cards either.

Online works fine unless you play a d-bag with a crappy internet connection.  Then it's choppy which makes hitting a baseball impossible.

The bug with the cards actually helps you.  I was able to collect all of the cards by doing this.  When you open a pack of cards the pack will disappear and your 10 new cards will appear.  If you turn off the X-box before exiting the screen, when you start it up again your 10 new cards along with the pack that you opened will appear again.  Eventually you will accquire so many duplicates you can trade them in for packs of cards so when you turn on your xbox you will be getting 20 or 30 packs of cards at a time.

You could probably do this for an hour or so and get them all, but I just did it whenever I finished playing the game and got them all in about a week or two.

Boognish_MU

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 12:19:53 PM »
http://www.eamods.com/remository.html?func=select&id=19

I had the MVP Baseball 2005 with the 2007 Mod kit on my TV, then plugged in an xbox controller....

Best game ever....

It looks like they have new mods, but I haven't tried them yet.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 12:28:23 PM »
That actually does look pretty cool.  I have no idea how you use them but cool nonetheless!

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 02:03:12 AM »
I really find the 2k series gameplay to be much better and more realistic.  I'm actually quite disappointed that 2k9 isn't coming out.  Once Nba 2k9 comes out I can play online with people in that though.

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 07:24:28 AM »
I really find the 2k series gameplay to be much better and more realistic.  I'm actually quite disappointed that 2k9 isn't coming out.  Once Nba 2k9 comes out I can play online with people in that though.

+1

I'm looking forward for the NBA 2k9.  I've been a fan of that because of it's realism and gameplay (ever since 2K first came out since the Dreamcast).  Revolutionary I tell you!  :-p

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 10:47:35 AM »
No CH2k9?!!?!? I was planning on buying that this year.  :(  I had 2k7 and it was awesome, and I may just have to find a used version of 2k8 and keep updating it.  I'm at Operation Sports a bunch too, and it's ALWAYS a great spot for rosters, especially for college games.

As far as MVP 05 is concerned, I played it (even when I had ps3) with full minor league rosters all the way up until MLB 08: The Show, which I believe bumps MVP 05 down to the second best baseball game ever made.  At default, it's still a bit cheesy, but turn off guess pitch and all hitting aids (strike zone, hot cold zones) so you actually have to read the pitch out of the pitcher's hand, and the game is a joy.  Not to mention the best crowd representation of any sports game ever.