[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Favre Rumblings  (Read 8429 times)

JSwarriors08

Re: Favre Rumblings
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2008, 08:40:16 PM »
+1

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2008, 10:36:52 PM »
"Brett, Brett, Brett,  your mid-life crisis has achieved epic proportions, and why shouldn't it, boy, why shouldn't it?"  - Irv

wildbill sb
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

oshkoshbgosh

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2008, 07:42:22 AM »
Thanks guys for bringing some sanity back to this discussion. Please Brett, shut-up and go away. I don't want him taking the marketing buy-out. Let him go to the Vikings and kick his butt. That would be the best statement.

Everyone keeps saying "what if Rodgers gets hurt or can't cut it," but what if the old man whose been living on borrowed time the last five years shows his age? The worst-case would be to give in to loud-mouth fans and bring Favre back and have him fall on his ass.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2008, 09:51:22 AM »
Just reported that Favre has been reinstated and that he will be back in Green Bay in time for the Family Night scrimmage tonight.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2008, 05:58:56 PM »
Favre is not expected to attend the scrimmage tonight and has agreed to report by 1 PM tomorrow.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2008, 08:17:49 AM »
well he showed up last night with his wife at family night... why would that be?  attention whore.

I can't believe that the Packers have completely flip flopped their position.  I hope it is only to raise his trade value.... but we will have to see.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2008, 09:23:11 AM »
As a Browns and Broncos fan (now there's a strange mix), I have no dog in this fight.  But it seems pretty clear to me by now that Favre is an attention whore who just loves to turn on ESPN and see them talking about him.  I can understand where the Packers are coming from -- Favre has done this several years in a row now, and it's gotten old.  Obviously he believes that he's bigger than the team and I think it's high time they told him to go to hell.

I really hope they trade him to the Vikings or the Bears and he reverts back to the form he showed in 2005 and 2006.  I hope he throws seven interceptions against the Packers this year.  I've been totally amazed how the sports media (and many fans) have completely forgotten how bad Favre was in 2005 and 2006.  I think it's more likely that Favre will resemble the 2005/06 version that the 2007 version.

Time will tell.

Edited to add that I found the 2005 and 2006 quarterback rankings.  Favre ranked 31 and 25, respectively.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 09:28:36 AM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2008, 09:39:33 AM »
Favre may like the attention and may have problems with knowing when and how to call it quits, but the Packers management is to blame now.  There is no "open competition"-give me a break.  Either 1) they want to try to work on a trade and come to increase Favre's value, or 2) they are disappointed with Rodgers and want to break their promise to him, but want to make him believe he is competing for a job he's already lost.

ATWizJr

• All American
B
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2008, 09:07:33 AM »
Favre would be the starter in GB right now if he had not exhibited his on the field trait of making poor decisions.

He should have never retired, but he did.

He should never have called out the coach and GM in public, but he did.

He should have never burned his bridges in GB, but he did. 

He could have had exactly what he says he wanted, another year as starting QB of the GB Pakcers and avoided all controversy and hard feelings and then retired with dignity and grace as a Packer, but his own actions have prevented that.

Although Packers management could have handled this better, you have to give them credit for agreeing to let him un-retire in March only to have him change his mind again, then offer him a marketing role with the team and $25 million dollars, then agree to an open competition for the position.  All Favre had to do at any of these junctures is say "yes."

Now, he is too emotionally injured to continue with the franchise?

In light of his actions, what did he expect was going to happen?  That an infuriated organization would release him or trade him to the team of his choice in the same division?

Please.  Favre is no victim in this.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2008, 11:26:11 AM »

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2008, 11:46:55 AM »
But I like to throw handfuls...

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2008, 01:11:42 PM »
+1  Amen.

Phi Iota Gamma 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2008, 03:15:57 PM »
Basically one play from the Super Bowl in overtime.  Way to cast off your hall of fame QB.  13-3 last year with 2 of those coming to the Bears.

That's why he's gone ;)
There is nothing less productive than doing more efficiently that which should not be done at all-Peter Drucker

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
McGinn article
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2008, 07:44:55 PM »
I thought this article was very itneresting as well.  The Packers concluded Favre couldn't get them to a championship any longer is the long and short of it.

Interesting take by Mr. McGinn

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=780244

feedback