[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Still wondering why Crean left MU?  (Read 4602 times)

mwbauer7

• All American
Still wondering why Crean left MU?
« on: July 25, 2008, 08:16:24 PM »

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: Still wondering why Crean left MU?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 10:43:39 PM »
Just like the article ended...

Send in the CLOWNS (Crean and Co.)...
SS Marquette

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 07:31:34 AM »

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 02:08:51 PM »
And look at that staff! IU's practically (including Nick Williams), Marquette EAST!

BTW, I don't know if this was posted during the TC debacle. If it was, it's still an interesting read:

Coach Crean a great fit for I.U. program
Apr 2, 2008

When I first heard about it Tuesday afternoon, the news about Coach Crean coming to I.U. came as a shock, and then I started to get a bunch of text messages. Around 6:30 that night he called me and we talked about it. He really wants to take the program and restore it to being a top-five program in the nation again and he's the perfect fit to do that.

He's a guy that can turn around a program. That's what he did at Marquette. He's going to represent the university well, do the right things, work extremely hard, and he's always full of energy and enthusiasm. He's like a second father to me. I have nothing but great things to say about Coach Crean and I think I.U. fans are going to be really happy with him.

He recruited me really hard. I had a very tough decision about which school I was going to go to – Wisconsin, St. Louis, Utah and Iowa State were the other schools on my list. But I felt a special connection with Coach Crean about what he was going to do with that program. And there were little things, like how he was with his family, his kids, that made my family feel comfortable being around him. Going through four years with him was something special.

He's very tough, very demanding. He's going to work those guys extremely hard but if you want go be good you've got to work hard. It takes a certain type of kid to play for him. You've got to want to work hard but I didn't have a problem with that and once you realize he has your best interests in mind and wants to help you get better as a player, it becomes easy.

I wasn't an NBA player when I got to Marquette. I was probably a mediocre college player. But he's way up on my list for making me the player I am. I have nothing but praise for him. I'll always have my ties with Marquette but I can see myself going down to Bloomington a few times and cheering for them and becoming an Indiana fan.
SS Marquette

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 02:13:26 PM »
And look at that staff! IU's practically (including Nick Williams), Marquette EAST!

BTW, I don't know if this was posted during the TC debacle. If it was, it's still an interesting read:

Coach Crean a great fit for I.U. program
Apr 2, 2008

When I first heard about it Tuesday afternoon, the news about Coach Crean coming to I.U. came as a shock, and then I started to get a bunch of text messages. Around 6:30 that night he called me and we talked about it. He really wants to take the program and restore it to being a top-five program in the nation again and he's the perfect fit to do that.

He's a guy that can turn around a program. That's what he did at Marquette. He's going to represent the university well, do the right things, work extremely hard, and he's always full of energy and enthusiasm. He's like a second father to me. I have nothing but great things to say about Coach Crean and I think I.U. fans are going to be really happy with him.

He recruited me really hard. I had a very tough decision about which school I was going to go to – Wisconsin, St. Louis, Utah and Iowa State were the other schools on my list. But I felt a special connection with Coach Crean about what he was going to do with that program. And there were little things, like how he was with his family, his kids, that made my family feel comfortable being around him. Going through four years with him was something special.

He's very tough, very demanding. He's going to work those guys extremely hard but if you want go be good you've got to work hard. It takes a certain type of kid to play for him. You've got to want to work hard but I didn't have a problem with that and once you realize he has your best interests in mind and wants to help you get better as a player, it becomes easy.

I wasn't an NBA player when I got to Marquette. I was probably a mediocre college player. But he's way up on my list for making me the player I am. I have nothing but praise for him. I'll always have my ties with Marquette but I can see myself going down to Bloomington a few times and cheering for them and becoming an Indiana fan.

Who wrote it?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 02:15:27 PM »

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 04:14:41 PM »
Diener.

In his Indiana Pacers Blog.

Sorry to not mention that.

But this just came out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3508432

Former Indiana guard Jordan Crawford has transferred to Xavier, the Musketeers announced Monday.

The 6-foot-4 Crawford played 30 games as a freshman last season, starting eight and averaging 9.7 points and 3.4 rebounds for the Hoosiers.

• Enlarge

Jordan Crawford

Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images

Jordan Crawford helped Indiana finish 25-8 last season and earn a spot in the NCAA tournament.
"Jordan Crawford is an exceptionally talented player," Xavier coach Sean Miller said in a statement. "He is extremely versatile, which will allow him to play with numerous combinations of players on the floor. He is also a great competitor that has proven himself against the best competition at the highest level of college basketball."

Xavier has advanced to the NCAA tournament or NIT in 20 of 24 seasons, advancing to the Elite Eight twice, including last season's 76-57 loss to UCLA. The Musketeers finished the 2007-08 season at 30-7.

Crawford helped the Hoosiers finish 25-8 overall and earn a spot in the NCAA tournament. He scored in double figures 15 times, including a career-high 21 at Northwestern and 20 against Kentucky in a pair of wins.

The Hoosiers' roster has been depleted with transfers and dismissals since last spring's departure of former coach Kelvin Sampson.

A.J. Ratliff left the team during the season, and since then, Indiana also lost D.J. White, Mike White, Lance Stemler and Adam Ahlfeld through graduation, and Eric Gordon through early entry in the NBA draft. Also, Eli Holman decided to leave, and Crean either dismissed or refused to reinstate Brandon McGee, DeAndre Thomas, Armon Bassett and Jamarcus Ellis.

The only returning players still on the roster are forward Kyle Taber, who started four games and averaged 1.3 points, and walk-on guard Brett Finkelmeier, who totaled two points in 11 minutes all season.
SS Marquette