[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Deanna Farve setup interview with Greta  (Read 4769 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Deanna Farve setup interview with Greta
« on: July 17, 2008, 11:47:14 AM »
Brett Favre's Interview With Van Susteren Set Up Through Wife

Van Susteren Says Exclusive Favre Interview
Was Initially Proposed By Deanna Favre
Fox News' Greta Van Susteren indicated that the exclusive two-part interview she conducted with former Packers QB Brett Favre that aired this week was initially proposed by Favre's wife, Deanna, according to Steve Krakauer of MEDIABISTRO.com. Van Susteren said that she was prepping for Saturday's edition of "On The Record" when an "hour before she went on the air, an unrecognizable email entered her inbox" from Deanna Favre. Van Susteren, a Packers fan, said, "I'd like to say I got the Favre interview because of dogged determination but it kind of fell in my lap." She added, "I'm a [Packers] shareholder, I know a lot about Packer history, I grew up 20 minutes away from Lambeau Field" (MEDIABISTRO.com, 7/15). ESPN.com's Jeff Chadiha said of Favre's interview with Van Susteren, "By choosing an Appleton, Wisconsin, native and a shareholder in the [Packers], Favre ensured he'd have a sympathetic interviewer. He also told us how badly he wants to manipulate the situation to get what he wants. It's great that Fox News has an exclusive, but I didn't see Favre being challenged in that interview. What I saw was a man so desperate to control his image that he might as well have scripted those questions himself" ("Jim Rome Is Burning," ESPN, 7/15).

WHY PICK A FIGHT? Dallas Morning News columnist Tim Cowlishaw said Favre "doesn't need to go on Fox News and fight a [PR] battle with the Packers right now. ... The Packers are the ones who look stupid for saying, 'Yeah, he can come back and be a back-up'" ("Around The Horn," ESPN, 7/15).

ATWizJr

• All American
Re: Deanna Farve setup interview with Greta
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 12:40:58 PM »
IMO, things have been said by Favre that will have the effect of burning any remaining bridges to playing again in Green Bay.  And now he is complaining about not getting enough credit for his part in trying to get Randy Moss to GB.  Brett, you are now tarnishing your legacy and you look like an egomaniac.

Only two options remain - stay retired or get traded if GB can find the right spot.  The right spot probably does not include anyone in the NFC and absolutely no one in the NFC North.

Hey, maybe Javon Walker has an opinion.....

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 01:03:30 PM »
After playing in the national media for quite some time now, its really hard to see Brett coming back.  GB and BF/Bus should hole up in a quiet place and hammer out what would be mutually acceptable teams for a trade.  But, in the end BF may stay retired as he finds his options are not as good as he thought?  Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 08:06:20 AM »
Van Susteren, a Packers fan, said, "I'd like to say I got the Favre interview because of dogged determination but it kind of fell in my lap." She added, "I'm a [Packers] shareholder, I know a lot about Packer history, I grew up 20 minutes away from Lambeau Field"

Congrats, insteading of spending $200 on a Bart Starr throwback or a Reggie White signed Helmet, you bought a piece of paper.  She makes it like she's a minority partner.  Yeah, what John Canning is to the Brewers Greta, you are to the Packers. 

Her interview on Homer was priceless.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 04:55:42 PM »
BF continues to burn his bridges to GB by insisting that TT pleaded with him not to come to camp to save TT's job. Puhleeze!

Favre has been trying to leave for the Vikes for quite some time now and hiding his true intentions..  When the dust settles a post mortem of events will be interesting. 

Good riddance.