Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Chicago Invitational Tourney  (Read 5687 times)

4thAndState

• Starter
Chicago Invitational Tourney
« on: July 16, 2008, 08:23:24 AM »
I bought the two-day combo tickets yesterday for the Nov. 28 and 29 games at the Sears Centre. MU plays Northern Iowa on Friday and Dayton on Saturday night, both 7:30 tipoffs. Some tickets still available in the 100 sections/first tier, but only in the corners. If you are planning on going and want first level/lower bowl seats, I'd buy them soon.

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Chicago Invitational Tourney
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 11:48:36 AM »
Speaking of the Chicago Invitational Tourney ... I ordered tickets the day they went on sale many weeks back and still haven't received them. Is this the case for everyone else who's bought tix?

4thAndState

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 12:13:13 PM »
Pakuni: When I order by phone yesterday, they said if I don't receive the tickets in about 10 days that I should inquire back with them. I received a confirmation number to reference, as I'm sure you did too when you ordered.

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 02:23:18 PM »
they haven't been sent out as yet...

32NCAAs

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 06:51:34 PM »
I ordered tix about 5 minutes after they went on sale and received my tix about 2 weeks ago.  Got club level tix... not sure if that makes a difference.  Can't wait to see the Sears Centre inundated by MU fans.

susie90

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 07:35:16 PM »
FYI - the tourney is advertised on the electronic sign that you see from I-90 as you drive past it.  "Featuring Marquette University and Dayton"...  So ditto on getting tickets now if you want a decent seat.  I saw it just today.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 09:40:55 PM »
I just read my confiramtion. On it it says I can print my tickets. I was not aware of this.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 01:11:14 PM »
Do you really have to buy the all day passes?  Or are there single session tix available?

BTW, still plenty of good seats available.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 03:13:57 PM »
Do you really have to buy the all day passes?  Or are there single session tix available?

BTW, still plenty of good seats available.

Agreed, as a poor law student I would like to attend the UNI game, but I'm not paying the kind of scratch for a multi-game pass when I only want to see one game.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 09:40:24 AM »
I called MU today (November 10) and they said the tickets will be mailed out tomorrow. The seats listed on the confiramation are not the real seats. They are being assigned according to donation points.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 11:08:32 AM »
I've got a couple of floor seats at center court.. heading in from Minneapolis.. are there any hotels within walking distance?  Just in case I get thirsty... there are no rules against selling brew at this thing, are there?  Anyone know for certain if we can, for example, go in for one game, leave for several hours, then come back for the MU game? 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

superfan1387

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 02:48:02 PM »
I have only been to the Sears Centre once for a Billy Joel concert, but I remember there being a hotel just east of the arena. I dont remember the name of it but there is one right there. I'm not sure about being able to leave the arena and come back, but they definitely sell beer.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 04:31:17 PM »
I've got a couple of floor seats at center court.. heading in from Minneapolis.. are there any hotels within walking distance?  Just in case I get thirsty... there are no rules against selling brew at this thing, are there?  Anyone know for certain if we can, for example, go in for one game, leave for several hours, then come back for the MU game? 

You should double-check, but I think this is the hotel located closest, and within easy walking distance, of the Sears Centre.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/chinw-chicago-marriott-northwest/

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 03:52:27 PM »
Thanks for the info... you are right on regarding the hotel.  Looks like there are some less expensive options, but 3 miles away.  I understand that Marquette has a special rate of $109 per room good through Nov 14 (the normal rate I've seen on various sites, though, is only $119). 

I asked the folks at Sears Centre whether or not you could come and go from the building during the day.. and the answer was yes.  Per their reply e-mail:

"Yes, you may pick and choose whichever games you want to attend.  Just make sure to keep your ticket and your parking pass so you won't be charged again." 

I am flat out ready to booze.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 03:56:16 PM »
Thanks for the info... you are right on regarding the hotel.  Looks like there are some less expensive options, but 3 miles away.  I understand that Marquette has a special rate of $109 per room good through Nov 14 (the normal rate I've seen on various sites, though, is only $119). 

I asked the folks at Sears Centre whether or not you could come and go from the building during the day.. and the answer was yes.  Per their reply e-mail:

"Yes, you may pick and choose whichever games you want to attend.  Just make sure to keep your ticket and your parking pass so you won't be charged again." 

I am flat out ready to booze.

Regarding coming and going ... any indication whether it has to be the same person coming and going on that pass? I'm thinking of bringing a kid to one of the early games then coming back with someone else for the MU game at night.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 04:07:07 PM »
Regarding coming and going ... any indication whether it has to be the same person coming and going on that pass? I'm thinking of bringing a kid to one of the early games then coming back with someone else for the MU game at night.

I called them, and they said that you may leave and reneter, but there is one door you must leave through so that they can "scan-out" your ticket.  I would imagine you can bring anyone you want back in on the ticket since the ticket will be rescanned on entry and it will look like a "new" ticket, i.e., it hasn't been scanned before.

but you can't just come and go as you please through any exit.

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 04:59:11 PM »
I called MU today (November 10) and they said the tickets will be mailed out tomorrow. The seats listed on the confirmation are not the real seats. They are being assigned according to donation points.

Finally rec'd ours today.  The postmark on the envelope is dtd the 12th.  We live in Metro Mke so I suspect these were not mailed until late Friday or we would have had them last week.

Where is everyone sitting who purchased through MU?
Class of 1985 & Proud Parents of MU Class of 2007 Graduate