Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Very nice review of Caduogan by ESPN at the Reebok Camp  (Read 18523 times)

jmayer1

• All American
Re: Very nice review of Caduogan by ESPN at the Reebok Camp
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2008, 05:18:17 PM »
he drops in Scouts PG ranking #16 to #20

What about the other rankings where he has gone up?  Oh wait, you are just ignoring that and twisting facts to help your argument, just like you do every time. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2008, 05:26:09 PM »
Lost in all of this is that it is unlikely that JC comes in like DJ and is handed the keys to the program.   Buycks, Acker, and Cubillan will all be there and all have experience at the point.   He may be getting decent minutes by the BEast season, but unless he is a complete stud, he won't be starting from day 1.    I am confident that by the time he has to step up, he will be ready.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

detroitwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2008, 05:48:12 PM »
It cracks me up that someone (Murffeus) can make a prognostication on a player that he has NEVER seen play live based on one "feel good "video, one Scouting agency where apparently Junior has dropped from the #16th best pg to the #20th best pg and one camp review where a top 30 guard had a great defensive game against Junior and ignore all the other ( at least 6) Scouting agencies who evaluate talent for a living that have given Junior glowing reviews ( while pointing out areas that need to be worked on) and indicated that he will be definitely rising in the rankings on their lists. I will trust the opinions of those who have actually seen him play and also Buzz and Tony Benford who have apparently seen him play for a year or two .
Once a warrior always a warrior.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2008, 07:11:27 PM »
What cracks me up is the Dameon Mason analogy. DM was Nuke LaLoosh--a million-dollar body with a ten-cent head. Never learned how to play the game, never wanted to learn how to play the game. Waste of talent. Sad.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2008, 07:46:54 PM »
ecompt----when Mason committed to MU you were so excited you couldn't contain yiurself!

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2008, 07:49:52 PM »
What about the other rankings where he has gone up?  Oh wait, you are just ignoring that and twisting facts to help your argument, just like you do every time. 

Where has he gone up? By reading the internet reports out of these camps and you'd think he was the best PG in the USA-----yet scout demotes him. Does Rivals have him in his top their top 100?

detroitwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2008, 07:58:41 PM »
Rankings are all subjective by the scouts.
Eric Bossi has Junior Cadougan listed as #94 and as a three star ranked 20th pg is rated ahead of Jordan Hulls and Eric Bledsoe who are four stars and listed as the 8th and 10th best pgs respectively. In the same list Erik Williams is listed at #43 yet Jeronne Maymon doesn't rank ( probably because E Bossi hasn't seen him play).
As I recall, Dwade was not a four star either coming to MU and he developed quite nicely. I am not suggesting that Junior Cadougan can be compared to Dwade at all but merely that rankings and the number of stars only count for so much before a kid enters college, plays at a different level and improves his game.
http://kansas.scout.com/2/766423.html
Once a warrior always a warrior.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2008, 08:08:04 PM »
Rankings are all subjective by the scouts.
Eric Bossi has Junior Cadougan listed as #94 and as a three star ranked 20th pg is rated ahead of Jordan Hulls and Eric Bledsoe who are four stars and listed as the 8th and 10th best pgs respectively. In the same list Erik Williams is listed at #43 yet Jeronne Maymon doesn't rank ( probably because E Bossi hasn't seen him play).
As I recall, Dwade was not a four star either coming to MU and he developed quite nicely. I am not suggesting that Junior Cadougan can be compared to Dwade at all but merely that rankings and the number of stars only count for so much before a kid enters college, plays at a different level and improves his game.
http://kansas.scout.com/2/766423.html

Well I've seen Junior in a couple of those "feel good" videos where he is presented at his best----only his better plays are included------and to a guy who understands the game like I do and look beyond the fluff----I wasn't impressed. His strong suit is in the open court as he sees the floor well-----his limitations are in the half court offense. Unfortunatly for him, BE games are decided in the half court more often than not.

What i really like where some of those big studs in those two videos-----I don't know who they were, but they were impressive.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2008, 08:14:47 PM »
Murf - ease up there - lets assume these schools saw great potential by offering Cadoughan
Memphis
Texas
Tennesseee
Louisville
USC
Texas A&M

He chose Marquette!!
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2008, 08:52:31 PM »
Murf - ease up there - lets assume these schools saw great potential by offering Cadoughan
Memphis
Texas
Tennesseee
Louisville
USC
Texas A&M

He chose Marquette!!

Most of those schools didn't offer him-----Louisville may have but dropped interest when they got a commitment from Siva.

BTW-----I think Buycks is a better PG prospect than Cadougan----neither are good shooters, but Buycks is quicker and more athletic----has more upside as a result!.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2008, 09:39:27 PM »
What are you talking about, Murff? Find me the post where I "couldn't control myself." The only times I have trouble controlling myself is when I read some of the drivel you post. When you stick to X's and O's you're fine, but you are as stubborn as a mule and you simply refuse to see anyone else's point of view. Mason's talent was impressive, but he refused to listen to coaches who tried to improve his game. I would have loved to see how you as a coach would have handled him.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2008, 12:32:57 AM »
and to a guy who understands the game like I do
He's right guys, who are we to question the great Murffieus, he who gets scared when a player drops 4 ranks in his respective position.  I mean, rankings are always right.  Just look at Kwame Brown, Joe Smith, Michael Olowakandi, etc.  They all got drafted extremely high, meaning they were ranked great coming out of college, automatically making them legends of basketball.  I mean, Junior's ONLY in the top 100, he's NOT the #1 ranked player in the nation...NOTHING to be excited about here!

Why do we ever question Murf?  He knows all there is to know about basketball, and any recruit outside of the top 10 are terrible.

By the way, there isn't much defense being played in those videos that those 2 big studs you like on the inside are being showed along with Junior, yet you downplay Junior's accomplishments at a camp because of the lack of defense there.  Double standard for those that we don't get, Murf?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2008, 09:34:48 AM »
problem is, if Junior were recruited by Bo he'd be praising both of them to the heavens (you know, he'd be perfect in the swing offense that has revolutionized basketball). If Junior were recruited by Arizona and didn't win a championship, he'd be ripping Lute for not developing talent.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2008, 12:28:44 PM »
Whatever happened to the "best" high school recruit that went to wisky a few years ago.  Murf was salivating about this kid and I cannot even remember his name.  I think he even had a murf hairdoo.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2008, 07:30:43 PM »
Whatever happened to the "best" high school recruit that went to wisky a few years ago.  Murf was salivating about this kid and I cannot even remember his name.  I think he even had a murf hairdoo.

His name is Nankivil-----a former Mr Bb in Wisconsin----also the Gatorade POY!

You'll see plenty of him next year at UW!

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2008, 12:38:36 PM »
From last week's Reebok Camp:

Junior Cadougan (6-0, 2009):
A really solid all-around player, Cardougan played as if he was still being recruited (he committed to Marquette last week). Immediately, you notice that he is a leader on the court. He is a little heavy in the upper body, but that just enables him to overpower smaller point guards and also allows him to get his shot off inside against bigger players. He does not mind contact at all, and finished several times despite getting fouled while going to the rim. He ran the pick-and-roll with Renardo Sidney exceptionally well, either dishing to Sidney or driving the ball to the basket himself. He does not make many mistakes, and seems very mature and calm while out on the court. Cadougan makes smart decisions with the ball and knows exactly what speed the game needs to be played at for his team to win. He is crafty and usually drives diagonally, which makes it difficult for defenders to stay in front of him. I do wonder how effective he is with his left hand, but he was so tough to stop with his right hand that it did not matter.

College List: Committed to Marquette

http://w3.nbebasketball.com/index.php/reebok-all-american-camp-tuesday/
Ludum habemus.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2008, 01:47:10 PM »
I guess who needs for him to shoot when he can do this:

He does not mind contact at all, and finished several times despite getting fouled while going to the rim.

We haven't had a fearless driver (McNeal is one) since Wade (maybe Diener).
SS Marquette

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2008, 03:23:02 PM »
I guess who needs for him to shoot when he can do this:

He does not mind contact at all, and finished several times despite getting fouled while going to the rim.

We haven't had a fearless driver (McNeal is one) since Wade (maybe Diener).

He's not especially quick----he can get inside in an atmosphere where defense isn't emphasized but how about the BE defenses? How about zones in Div 1-----he will need to be able to shoot from the perimeter to be effective!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2008, 03:24:23 PM »
He's not especially quick----he can get inside in an atmosphere where defense isn't emphasized but how about the BE defenses? How about zones in Div 1-----he will need to be able to shoot from the perimeter to be effective!
Yeah size is all he has.  Has never made an outside shot, has never gotten by a defender, but he's still a top 100 recruit in the nation...I see why you're concerned.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2008, 04:09:42 PM »
He's built like Levanse Fields at Pitt.  Fields isn't the quickest guy around but he's physical and knows how to use his body well.  I'm sure people were knocking him for his "portly" size when he arrived and he seems to be doing just fine in the big east,  probably better than expected because he can bang as a PG.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2008, 04:22:35 PM »
Here's more love for Junior:

REEBOK ALL-AMERICAN CAMP TOP PLAYERS

BY JEFF BORZELLO

When one thinks of high school summer basketball, the old ABCD and other All-American camps are usually the first thing that come to mind. College coaches from around the country, scouts from both coasts and die-hard hoops fans fill the bleachers and the area surrounding the courts – it’s the ultimate scene for the top high school players in the nation. With the July recruiting period starting a couple of weeks ago, the Reebok U All-American camp was a great place for many talented athletes to make their names become nationally known. Here’s one person’s ranking of the top-20 rising seniors at the camp, as well as the top-10 underclassmen.

2009 Prospects

1. Kenny Boynton: Unbelievable scorer made difficult shots all week, making him nearly impossible to guard when combined with his confidence and athleticism.

2. Abdul Gaddy: Terrific point guard does everything you could ask for in a leader. He is an outstanding passer and ball-handler who can score.

3. Renardo Sidney: The real Renardo Sidney decided to show up in Philadelphia. He was dominant on the interior, showing why he is considered a top-five recruit.

4. Mfon Udofia: The lefty has excellent vision and is a very good passer. He runs the pick-and-roll extremely well and can find people.

5. Avery Bradley: Gaddy’s partner both at home and in Philadelphia, Bradley was an outstanding performer on both sides of the ball.

6. Thomas Robinson: Robinson’s stock keeps rising. He is extremely athletic and can run the floor well for a big man. His well-rounded offensive game is growing.

7. Junior Cadougan: Stocky point guard looked outstanding alongside Sidney running the pick-and-roll. Doesn’t make mistakes and is a very good leader on the floor. Headed to Marquette

8. Karron Johnson: All-around player can do a variety of things on the court. He is very athletic and can finish around the rim with authority. Solid offensive game.

9. Kevin Parrom: One of the best all-around players at the camp, Parrom showed his wide variety of skills, from scoring inside and out to defending multiple positions.

10. Aaric Murray: A dominant performer at both ends of the floor, Murray is excellent around the rim and is solid on the glass. Difficult to defend inside.

Full story here:

http://bigeastbasketball.blogspot.com/2008/07/reebok-all-american-camp-top-players.html
Ludum habemus.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2008, 06:13:19 PM »
Yeah size is all he has.  Has never made an outside shot, has never gotten by a defender, but he's still a top 100 recruit in the nation...I see why you're concerned.

I try to find him in Rivals top 150 and I don't see Cadougan listed----then I look at the Scout top 100 and he's not there either-----then i look further down the list and they have him as a 3 star. With all that hype he's been getting at these camps I would expect to see him in everyone's top 100. I think the Scout and Rivals people see the same thing I do here.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2008, 07:00:56 PM »
You're right, Murff, rescind the scholarship...the kid obviously can't play at a Big East level. You must have been an absolute joy to work with as a coach.

HarryBalczak

• Walk-On
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2008, 07:12:50 PM »
Some of the ratings may not be that high since he missed some of the season last year with the foot injury and I think he's been around so long that some people think he's a 5th year senior.

I'll be very surprised if he's not in everyone's top 100 when the ratings are tabulated at the end of the summer with the exception being Rivals who didn't have any representation at the Reebok Camp.  HoopScoop and Hoopmasters will probably have Junior in their top 50 and among the top 5 point guards in the 2009 class and Buzz and his staff had him at the top of their list and they were listed with some of the top point guards in the country.

As far as not being able to perform in the Big East, forget about it.  The current MU players had a very, very hard time stopping him in the camp drills as well as scrimmages and for those who have ever witnessed the MU pickup games in the summer, this isn't the matador defense stuff.  They play to keep the court and I'm told Junior more than held his own.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2008, 07:16:58 PM »
I try to find him in Rivals top 150 and I don't see Cadougan listed----then I look at the Scout top 100 and he's not there either-----then i look further down the list and they have him as a 3 star. With all that hype he's been getting at these camps I would expect to see him in everyone's top 100. I think the Scout and Rivals people see the same thing I do here.
What have you seen of him?  A 30 second video of his TEAM on youtube?  Wow, congratulations.

feedback