[June 06, 2024, 10:29:38 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by Zog from Margo
[June 06, 2024, 09:01:17 PM]

Incoming freshmen by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 06, 2024, 07:38:04 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by willie warrior
[June 06, 2024, 04:19:07 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: When you're looking for the smartest baseball players...  (Read 7899 times)

🏀

• All American
When you're looking for the smartest baseball players...
« on: July 11, 2008, 08:18:27 AM »
Look no further then the cesspool in the Menomonee River Valley. Agreed, fun but terrible decision.

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2008/07/10/dousing-your-teammates-daughter-in-beer-is-not-something-you-wa/
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 09:31:03 AM by marqptm »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: When you're looking for the smartest, classiest baseball players...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 09:15:48 AM »
I'm not a Brewers fan by any stretch, but I don't think this has anything to do with class.  Just a bunch of guys excited for their teammate.

I agree, it was definitely not a smart move.  That precious little daughter of his I'm sure was absolutely blown away by that which is too bad.  The video cuts off but I can't imagine her being anything less than traumatized.

Excitement can get the best of people sometimes.  Fun idea, poorly executed.

MUfan12

• All American
Re: When you're looking for the smartest baseball players...
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 10:27:03 AM »
Traumatized? Really?

She was scared, cried a little, and went over to her mom after that. The little boy was fine. Yeah, she was spooked, but traumatized?

Much ado about nothing, just PTM grasping at straws trying to find some way to rip on the Brewers/Milwaukee/Wisconsin.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 11:05:56 AM »
Much ado about nothing, just PTM grasping at straws trying to find some way to rip on the Brewers/Milwaukee/Wisconsin.

Do you expect anything more from a Cubs fan?  Of course, I'm sure PTM never did anything in excitement without thinking it through.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 11:24:00 AM »
Do you expect anything more from a Cubs fan?  Of course, I'm sure PTM never did anything in excitement without thinking it through.

You going to tell me you saw him there, and still thought it was a good idea?

Nevermind, Wisconsinites. Question answered.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 11:35:32 AM »

Boy, ptm, for someone who as a Cubs fan has claimed he "doesn't care" about the "cute" team to the north, you sure do spend a lot of effort finding and sharing all this stuff about the Brewers.

And just for a tiny bit of perspective...
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=771344

And...
About the time Ned Yost was finishing his post-game remarks from the 11-1 walkover of Colorado, a game witnessed by 43,389 fans on a Thursday afternoon, Hart was led into the interview room. As usual, he had his two young children with him.

Hart did not know he had been elected to the all-star team. Nor did he, or anyone else in the room, realize what would happen next as the Brewers rushed in, dousing him in celebration. The surprise rush scared his little girl, poor thing; heck, it startled me. But as tributes go, this one was pretty cool.

"Corey's about the easiest guy in the world to be happy for," Gabe Kapler said.

Which is true. He's just a big, ol' country boy, always smiling, always playing the game the right way and wanting nothing more afterward than to be with his family.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=771327
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 11:47:44 AM by IAmMarquette »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 11:41:45 AM »
I read the fanhouse every morning. I thought I should share it.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 12:00:10 PM »

No you dumbass, can't you read?  I asked if you ever did anything in excitement without thinking.  Obviously if those guys would have thought about it for a second, they wouldn't have done it because the kids was sitting there, but in their excited rush they acted without thinking.  Although it sucks that the kid was there, it nonetheless is a great sign of team camaraderie.

As for the Wisconsinites dig, well that's just plain stupidity seeing as how you left your precious city to go to school in Wisconsin.  You wouldn't see me ripping on Chicago if I went to school at DePaul. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 12:45:19 PM »
Traumatized? Really?

She was scared, cried a little, and went over to her mom after that. The little boy was fine. Yeah, she was spooked, but traumatized?

Hopefully she's fine....there are all sorts of levels of trauma.  Heck, a kid can be spooked by fireworks and not want to go see fireworks again for years to come or is very uncomfortable doing it.  Do I think she is going to go in the fetal position the rest of her life...no.  Do I think she might be a little anxious going back to Miller Park with daddy in the media room.  Potentially.

That's all I'm saying.  It was unfortunate.  Probably seemed like a really good idea that probably could have been avoided.

I would have answered this differently if I didn't have children of my own and how I've seen them act toward certain things.  Kids can get spooked pretty easily over some of the most silly things....but it's not silly to them.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 12:52:20 PM »
jsonline on the situation...

Hart’s daughter, 2-year old Ryleigh, cried because she was cold, but his son, 3-year old Matthew, sat stoically as alcohol rained on him and his push-up ice cream. (It didn’t affect the taste because he kept licking it.)

But I like to throw handfuls...

reinko

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 02:13:39 PM »
Speaking of smart ball players, at least Hart was never implicated with roids, used a corked bat, or forgot how to speak English in front of Congress before

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 02:42:36 PM »
Speaking of smart ball players, at least Hart was never implicated with roids, used a corked bat, or forgot how to speak English in front of Congress before

Hart failed to do anything wrong.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 11:39:50 PM »
I think a child would be far more traumatized viewing this public display of, ahem, affection from the Cubs' dugout (go to the 30 second mark).

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f9e_1183420047
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 11:44:22 PM by Pakuni »

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 10:06:04 AM »
Thats Hilarious!  Nothing wrong with a little ass grab/ball massage for hitting a three run jack.

As far as Hart's kids are concerned.  No big deal.  They'll  forget about it soon and look at that tape fondly when they grow up.  Everything gets blown up these days due to talking heads on TV.
"We have the blues on the run!"

reinko

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2008, 11:42:59 AM »
Jay Mariotti and Woody Paige had issue with the celebration.

Enough said.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 12:03:15 PM »
Jay Mariotti has an issue with just about everything that goes on in sports. You people realize that less than 5 minutes after the celebration, both kids were fine?? Son was never phased and after daughter saw smiles on everyone else's face, she's fine too. Good grief people.