collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MU Grad Len Kasper (Cubs announcer) on the radio this morning  (Read 5276 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Len was on this morning (harkens back to my old days as a DJ with WMUR when Len would call in on our show and give sports updates....Len's a good guy).  At any rate, he talked at length this morning on the radio about the Harden trade.  Then got into the difference between Cubs fans and ChiSox fans...wish Pakuni could have heard that one....it was entertaining to be sure.   ;)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: MU Grad Len Kasper (Cubs announcer) on the radio this morning
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 01:29:07 PM »
Len was on this morning (harkens back to my old days as a DJ with WMUR when Len would call in on our show and give sports updates....Len's a good guy).  At any rate, he talked at length this morning on the radio about the Harden trade.  Then got into the difference between Cubs fans and ChiSox fans...wish Pakuni could have heard that one....it was entertaining to be sure.   ;)

Was the difference that Sox fans know what it's like to see their team win a World Series?
Or that they know the difference between a relief pitcher and a beer pitcher?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 01:41:27 PM »
Was the difference that Sox fans know what it's like to see their team win a World Series?
Or that they know the difference between a relief pitcher and a beer pitcher?

I believe he said the difference was that Sox fans cheer as hard for the Cubs to lose as they do for the Sox to win.

Whereas Cubs fans choose hard for the Cubs to win and didn't know there was another team in the same city...I'm paraphrasing of course, but that was the jist of it.  Well, he did give respect to the ChiSox, just essentially said that Cubs fans don't cheer against the White Sox like the White Sox fans do against the Cubs.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 01:54:46 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 01:51:58 PM »
I know that Len is internet savvy, and he checks out and even has done some Q&As for Cubs blogs.  I've always wondered if he lurks out anywhere on the Marquette message boards.

Also, I believe that one of the lead contributors to the best Cub blog out there (The Cub Reporter) is also a Marquette grad.  Same question...
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 02:05:14 PM »

I believe he said the difference was that Sox fans cheer as hard for the Cubs to lose as they do for the Sox to win.

Whereas Cubs fans choose hard for the Cubs to win and didn't know there was another team in the same city...I'm paraphrasing of course, but that was the jist of it.  Well, he did give respect to the ChiSox, just essentially said that Cubs fans don't cheer against the White Sox like the White Sox fans do against the Cubs.

If that's what he said, he's wrong. I won't deny that Sox fans love to see the Cubs lose, probably more so than Cubs fans want the Sox to lose. Definitely a bit of jealousy there.
But if he's claiming that Sox fans root against the Cubs as hard as they root for the Sox, that's a total crock. Likewise, if he thinks Cubs fans don't root against the Sox, he's full of it.
I guess that's what you get when you ask a guy who's been in town for only three years.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 02:09:21 PM »
If that's what he said, he's wrong. I won't deny that Sox fans love to see the Cubs lose, probably more so than Cubs fans want the Sox to lose. Definitely a bit of jealousy there.
But if he's claiming that Sox fans root against the Cubs as hard as they root for the Sox, that's a total crock. Likewise, if he thinks Cubs fans don't root against the Sox, he's full of it.
I guess that's what you get when you ask a guy who's been in town for only three years.

Or maybe he's talking about the less serious baseball fans.  I know plenty of folks that don't cheer really for anyone seriously, but they do like the Cubs and couldn't care less about anyone else.  My guess is he is talking about many of those fans.  The Cubs are a fan favorite for many casual fans who latch onto a team and probably don't even know there are 30+ other teams in the league.  They have a national footprint and they aren't hated like the Yankees who also have a national footprint.  From that perspective, I think Len is right.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 07:57:52 PM »
Rob G is an MU grad at Cub Reporter.

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 11:13:40 AM »

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-0807011-cubs-burial-ground,0,2252657.story

Better than winning world series? :D
"We have the blues on the run!"

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 07:11:46 AM »
European soccer clubs have been offering burial on or near the stadium grounds for quite some time now. Figures that American sports teams are now starting to get on this trend.