collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tough couple days for Diener  (Read 4573 times)

Wade for President

• All American
Tough couple days for Diener
« on: June 27, 2008, 11:08:31 AM »
First the Pacers trade for TJ Ford and then make a draft day trade for Jarret Jack.  PG minutes are going to be very tough to come by in Indianapolis.

I really thought Travis had a solid year (basically the first year he's seen consistent minutes in the league).  To see the moves the front office has made in the past 48 hours has to be a little deflating for him.

CTWarrior

• All American
Re: Tough couple days for Diener
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 11:30:22 AM »
I was thinking that while watching the draft last night.  I think it's clear that the Pacers were not very happy at all with the PG play last year.  I wouldn't be surprised if Deiner was looking for emloyment elsewhere pretty soon.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 11:38:03 AM »
he's still got 2 years left on his deal.  so unless a trade is made, he'll probably find a seat at the end of teh bench.  or they'll just release jarrett jack, who i think was in his last season of his rookie contract.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 12:20:31 PM »
Tough days? Nope, tough days include finding gas money, working in the airline industry, grocery shopping, Florida real estate, ect. Travis made 1 mil his first two years in the Association and another five guaranteed on this contract. If it all ends tomorrow, he has a good head start in life.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 12:22:00 PM »
they will probably keep diener around but the tenure of oftinjured tinsley is most likely over

and unfortunately in all honesty travis diener as much as i love the kid is at best the 10th man on any NBa roster.  Se simply lacks the size and strength and quickness that the freaks of nature in the NBA possess.  If success in the league were simply predicated on heart he would be preparing for Beijing, unfortunately it's not.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 12:24:12 PM by MR.HAYWARD »

bma725

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 12:45:02 PM »
Tinsley's probably gone, and Ford is one more bad fall from ending his career, so they'll have to keep him around.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 01:07:59 PM »
He can't defend at an nba level but neither can heinrick.  There will be room on the bench of an nba team for a player who doesn't turn the ball over, makes the extra pass and can hit the open shot from downtown.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 02:12:02 PM »
He can't defend at an nba level but neither can heinrick.  There will be room on the bench of an nba team for a player who doesn't turn the ball over, makes the extra pass and can hit the open shot from downtown.

+1

feedback