collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Nba Finals Boston vs Lakers  (Read 6955 times)

Markusquette

• All American
Nba Finals Boston vs Lakers
« on: June 05, 2008, 08:01:54 PM »
Who do you all want to win?  Personally I am for Los Angeles because I can't stand Pierce or Garnett.  That's not to say I'm a big fan of Kobe though.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
Re: Nba Finals Boston vs Lakers
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 02:39:42 AM »
hate Kobe...

think Phil Jackson is the most over-rated coach ever... possibly most over-rated person ever (honestly, what does it take to coach an NBA team, especially an NBA team with MJ, Pippen and others... and then Kobe, Shaq, and others)...

Go Celtics, although if they win, we have to listen to the whole Boston area be arrogant, more arrogant then usual.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 06:19:42 AM »
Who do you all want to win?  Personally I am for Los Angeles because I can't stand Pierce or Garnett.  That's not to say I'm a big fan of Kobe though.

How can you not like KG?  For an NBA player he's about as down to earth as they come, doesn't whine, plays hard, very unselfish and respectful, and donates a lot of time and money to charity...Now Colorado Kobe, I hope he loses big time!

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 07:41:42 AM »
I would like to see LA win just so I don't have to read another Bill Simmons article on Page 2 about Boston sports.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 08:22:47 AM »
Can't stand Kobe.

And, I gotta root for our Warrior, Doc Rivers!
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 01:59:07 PM »
How can you not like KG?  For an NBA player he's about as down to earth as they come, doesn't whine, plays hard, very unselfish and respectful, and donates a lot of time and money to charity...Now Colorado Kobe, I hope he loses big time!

I just have never liked Garnett, not really sure why, but I just don't like him.  I wish both teams would just lose myself.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 03:04:20 PM »
Go Celtics, although if they win, we have to listen to the whole Boston area be arrogant, more arrogant then usual.

I used to live in Rhode Island, and I had to live through I think at least one of the New England Cheater's Super Bowl wins, but I think was also there when the Yankees beat the Red Sox but then they gave up a 3-0 series lead to...whoever, I don't know, I'm not really a baseball fan but

I really really really really dislike New England sports altogether and especially their fans, who probably wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for that nails-on-the-chalkboard accent they have.  I HATE the word "wicked" used as an adjective.  If you're not in a Harry Potter movie or describing Witches of the West, you should not be using "wicked" as an adjective.

So c'mon Lakers, pick yaselves back up.  That was a hell of a run in the 4th quarter...and the refs weren't callin' nothin' for Kobe, so it could have been 1-1, but it ain't no thing.  Let's go LA.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 03:08:21 PM »
First, I am a Laker hater.

But that's not the reason I want them to lose.

To see NBA vets KG, Allen, and Pierce - guys who have toiled on bad teams - win one is a nice sight.

Conversely, to see Kobe and Phil win another would be sad.

SS Marquette

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 03:31:07 PM »
I'm going with the Celtics. Ray Allen is the MAN!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 12:47:18 AM »
Curt Schilling's blog about being courtside for game 2

http://38pitches.com/2008/06/09/manny-jd-papi-lester-and-the-nba-finals/#more-178

bma725

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 08:38:50 AM »
If there were some way that the series could be declared a draw, I'd be all for it.  I can't stand the Lakers, but I don't want Sam Cassell getting anywhere close to another ring either. 

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 09:37:33 AM »
...I don't want Sam Cassell getting anywhere close to another ring either. 

True that! But It's not like he's doing much these days for Boston as their #3 PG. Even though it would suck to see Sam get another ring, I'm all for Ray Allen and KG finally getting a championship that they truly deserve. Plus who really wants to see Kobe win another ring (of course unless you're from LA)?

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 01:44:27 AM »
so does anyone still think the NBA isn't fixed somewhat?

With all these rumors, and the way I see games being played out, it's a sad sight to see.  How anyone can like the NBA better than College Hoops apparently doesn't enjoy the game, just the entertainment factor. 

Anyone else notice Kobe Bryant whine after any non-call/foul called on him.  Honestly, it is sick to see, arrogant player.  Also, why do Laker "fans" chant MVP when he is at the line, yes we get it, he's the MVP, they already voted.

Why did he change his number to 24 again?  To sell more jerseys?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 08:07:17 AM »
AS a transplanted Milwaukee boy living in Rhode Island and married to a Massachusetts girl, you know I'm rooting for the Celts!

But, it was sweet when Brett and the boys beat the Pats in the Super Bowl.  HOuse full of people here and only 3 Cheeseheads.  Booyah!

MUMotivAs - where'd you live out here and why?

ATWizJr
Warwick, RI

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 05:02:36 PM »
Love Pierce, like KG, like Ray, Doc's a Warrior, can't stand Kobe or Phil or Pau or Sasha (should play soccer, GREAT actor)...let's go BOSTON!  (But in 7 games...I fly into LA on Thursday, the day Game 7 is scheduled for)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 11:02:45 PM »
Yea but the games in boston...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 11:04:49 PM »
Yea but the games in boston...
I know but the atmosphere there would be unbelievable.  Just to go to a sports bar and watch the game in LA during game 7 would be awesome.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 03:09:43 AM »
I know but the atmosphere there would be unbelievable.  Just to go to a sports bar and watch the game in LA during game 7 would be awesome.

or really annoying, watch out for the little flags in car windows!

chapman

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 12:19:32 PM »
The playoffs still aren't over?  Seriously, they should just do best of 5/5/7/7 or even 3/5/7/7.

Anyways, I'm pulling for Boston.

feedback