Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Coming next season  (Read 4836 times)

Gwaki

• All American
Coming next season
« on: June 02, 2008, 09:21:38 PM »
I am going to stream all of the MU games over the internet for you guys.  Now I need some mods for the chat that will go along with it.  It needs to be people that won't be going to the home games because I will be at all of them.  Please post in here if you are interested and I will get the information to you.  For the away games I will be able to do it.  Also it will be able to be embedded on here and stuff should be nice and fun. and people can make highlight reels as well.

NCMUFan

• All American
Re: Coming next season
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 07:06:34 AM »
Sorry for the ignorance, but are you talking audio and video?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 07:47:45 AM »
This should be interesting.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 09:05:03 AM »
I am going to stream all of the MU games over the internet for you guys.  Now I need some mods for the chat that will go along with it.  It needs to be people that won't be going to the home games because I will be at all of them.  Please post in here if you are interested and I will get the information to you.  For the away games I will be able to do it.  Also it will be able to be embedded on here and stuff should be nice and fun. and people can make highlight reels as well.

I'm just offering the fair warning that you are definitely risking yourself and this site in doing this without permission.  If you have permission, then by all means.  If you don't, then the risk isn't worth it.  Many major sports broadcasters (those 3 and 4 letter networks) that are bringing the hammer down on sites that are doing this (it was a major agenda point at the recent sports broadcasting summit).  They've paid millions (sometimes billions) of dollars to control those rights and when some third party is taking eyeballs away from them, they don't like it.  What was once a few sites that didn't matter to them, they are now going after the major sites and will trickle down from there.

Please get permission

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 09:44:48 PM »
I have the test stream up now.  Let me know what you think.  I am currently showing the MU BBALL game vs Pitt from a few years ago.  I will be cycling what games are on it.

http://www.justin.tv/gwaki

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 09:56:39 PM »
Damn .. that's a pretty solid stream.

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 10:02:24 PM »
now i need to start to get more copies of old games to playback when there arent any live games.

btw i will be able to stream marquette madness and any other games/practices shown on MUTV

mviale

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 10:21:08 PM »
nice work - great game
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 10:41:08 PM »
now i need to start to get more copies of old games to playback when there arent any live games.

btw i will be able to stream marquette madness and any other games/practices shown on MUTV

http://blog.justin.tv/2007/11/community-guidelines.html

Certain behaviors and actions have been deemed unacceptable in any circumstance and will be addressed by Justin.tv when identified. These include:

* Documented un-authorized real world contact
* Distributing personal information of other users through chat or video
* Nudity
* Extreme depictions of violence or criminal acts
* Broadcasters under thirteen years of age
* Broadcasts of copyrighted material without the copyright holder's consent
* Circumvention of moderation and flooding protection tools provided by Justin.tv

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 10:42:58 PM »

http://blog.justin.tv/2007/11/community-guidelines.html

Certain behaviors and actions have been deemed unacceptable in any circumstance and will be addressed by Justin.tv when identified. These include:

* Documented un-authorized real world contact
* Distributing personal information of other users through chat or video
* Nudity
* Extreme depictions of violence or criminal acts
* Broadcasters under thirteen years of age
* Broadcasts of copyrighted material without the copyright holder's consent
* Circumvention of moderation and flooding protection tools provided by Justin.tv

I know that but there are sports games on it all the time.

I think I am going to add a password for MUSCOOP people only

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 10:44:50 PM »
I know that but there are sports games on it all the time.

I think I am going to add a password for MUSCOOP people only

I'm not trying to be a killjoy, just trying to protect you and Scoop.  We've met with many of the big broadcasters and this was a major point of emphasis for them.  They've hired teams to simply go out to these types of websites and hammer these guys and eventually end users, must like the record companies have been suing for folks downloading songs.

I just don't want anyone to get in trouble.

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 10:46:43 PM »
I'm not trying to be a killjoy, just trying to protect you and Scoop.  We've met with many of the big broadcasters and this was a major point of emphasis for them.  They've hired teams to simply go out to these types of websites and hammer these guys and eventually end users, must like the record companies have been suing for folks downloading songs.

I just don't want anyone to get in trouble.

Ok, so lets say I just decided to show the Time Warner ones and not the CBS or ESPN feeds.  Would that work better

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 10:49:22 PM »
Ok, so lets say I just decided to show the Time Warner ones and not the CBS or ESPN feeds.  Would that work better

werent many of the time warner ones espn+ broadcasts?
But I like to throw handfuls...

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 12:24:32 AM »

I can't tell you.  At the end of the day it's copyrighted material and unless you have permission, they could go after you.  They could do nothing as well, or more then likely go after Justin.tv

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 01:23:34 AM »
Cool, well if you do get permission to stream, here's the code to embed the viewer:

Code: [Select]
[flash=320,263]http://www.justin.tv/widgets/jtv_player.swf?channel=gwaki[/flash]
<a href="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/jtv_player.swf?channel=gwaki" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.justin.tv/widgets/jtv_player.swf?channel=gwaki</a>

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 12:36:23 PM »
I cannot agree with Chicos more on this topic.  Due to duplicity of television rights and billions of dollars spent on licensing, you will probably need to secure the fabeled "express written consent" to rebroadcast the copyright material from all of the following institutions:

Marquette University (most likely both the university at large and the athletic department)
The BIG EAST Conference
ABC
ESPN
CBS Sports
CSTV
And any local broadcasting outlet upon which the Marquette games are broadcast.

That "express written consent..." decree is put on broadcasts of sporting events FOR A REASON.  If you ignore this and stream games without the consent of everyone involved it is very easy for any competent attorney to go after any and all outlets (justin.tv, MUSCOOP) and individuals involved in the redistribution of intellectual property and potentially have them shut down.

Please heed our warnings.  These people mean business, and this website means nothing to them.  If it is usurping potential viewers from their broadcasts, there will be no hesitation in some sort of action being taken.  The networks and institutions involved have people working for them that specialize in specifically this sort of thing, and they know what they are doing.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 12:46:20 PM by MDMU04 »
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

feedback