[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Is the hiring process still flawed??  (Read 41703 times)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: Is the hiring process still flawed??
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2008, 10:48:39 AM »
2002--Why are you so convinced that Buzz will prove TC wrong and actually be good? I am hoping he is but the jury is still out. Odds are still big time in the camp that Buzz fails and gets canned.

I'm actually not convinced at all (still TBD on Buzz)

I'm using your statements about buzz... you yourself are the one stating that Buzz could be successful and that Crean may have underestimated him.

Again, I'm not sure how Crean could be super duper smart, and super duper dumb at the same time.

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2008, 11:38:39 AM »
2002mu alum---TC took a calculated rish. He nothing to lose if Buzz was a success and a lot to gain if he failed. If Buzz was so frickin' good TC would have taken him to IU and had him there building that program. He did not care if Buzz came to IU, isn't that a warning sign to you?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2008, 11:48:19 AM »
2002mu alum---TC took a calculated rish. He nothing to lose if Buzz was a success and a lot to gain if he failed. If Buzz was so frickin' good TC would have taken him to IU and had him there building that program. He did not care if Buzz came to IU, isn't that a warning sign to you?

Buzz was headed to IU if he didn't get the head coaching job at Marquette.
For obvious reasons (several hundred thousand of them, I would imagine) Buzz chose to be the head coach at MU instead of an assistant at IU.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2008, 11:48:51 AM »
"Judging by Buzz's recruiting, especially of players I happen to love, TC might have shot himself in the foot. Time will tell. If you thought I meant IU would beat MU on the court my apologies. I assumed my point of beating MU in recruiting would be understood. TC wants nothing more than Buzz to fail.

FYI---I am beginning to believe that Buzz is slippery in a good way. He might be using TC and will end up beating him. I think Buzz knows how to close a deal."

I don't know if Buzz will be successful. I'll say it again, I don't know if Buzz will be successful.

I'm using your previous posts. You seem to think Buzz is going to do well (see above), but you also seem to think TC put Buzz in place to beat him.

My question is still, how can Crean be so smart and so dumb at the same time. Smart enough to manipulate MU, but dumb enough to put a guy in place who might do well.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2008, 12:07:11 PM »

I believe from folks I have spoken to that Crean would have been quite pleased to have Buzz go to IU with him, but Buzz stayed around from the get go and with Crean's urging so he could be in position to take the MU job.  Crean backed that play and the administration bought into it.

Just as KO suggested Mike Deane for the MU job when KO left.  There's a little bit of history on this with MU in the last 15 years.

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #130 on: June 03, 2008, 01:29:57 PM »
Chico's---Of course TC would have taken Buzz if MU was not suckered into the hire. But, that does not make the process any less flawed. You are 100% correct on KO recommended Deane and the saps falling for it. The whole idea behind both KO and TC's motives are the same. They did not want MU to succeed after they left.

BTW, I agree 100% on I hated how KO treated Martha and it does tarnish his image to me. TC and KO have a done of similarities. Biggest one to me is they both did an unreal job at restoring credibility to MU.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #131 on: June 03, 2008, 02:12:53 PM »

TC and KO have a done of similarities. Biggest one to me is they both did an unreal job at restoring credibility to MU.

+1

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2008, 12:12:12 PM »
Maybe after MU's best recruitng class in 25 years our AD should actaully receive a little credit from the chicken littles.  Gymbar, chicos, Nola...who would like to be the first?

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2008, 12:14:39 PM »
Hayward, you've brought this up on 3 different topics! Enough already, we get it!!

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2008, 12:32:39 PM »
How pathetic.

I can take a three man waterballoon launcher to a used car lot, fire it, and buy the car it hits.  If it hits an awesome car that lasts years and is priced a few grand under blue book that doesn't mean it's a good 'process'.

Not interviewing for a GM, CEO, AD, ect spot and then having that person not interview for the coach, VP, manager, sales rep, ect spot will never be a good 'process'. 

That DOESN"T mean buzz isn't a future HOFer, it just means we got lucky if he is.

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2008, 12:33:54 PM »
Hayward----Two different topics. Had this debate too long. Buzz can win 6 NCAA championships and the hiring process still was EXTREMELY flawed.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2008, 12:53:40 PM »
Maybe after MU's best recruitng class in 25 years our AD should actaully receive a little credit from the chicken littles.  Gymbar, chicos, Nola...who would like to be the first?

There you go with incorrect facts again Blackswan / Ahoyahballscout.

This is NOT our best recruiting class in 25 years.   It's a nice class, I'm thrilled for Buzz and MU.  It is NOT the best class in 25 years, it's not even the best class in the last 5 years.  Your hyperbole knows no bounds.

Congrats to Buzz....yes, the hiring process was flawed and if you read back what Nola, myself and many others said....we hope like hell MU got it right.  Maybe they did.  The Summer before his first season is not the timeline to determine that....is it?

Your hatred for Crean is clinical.   Crean Derangement Syndrome. 

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #137 on: July 07, 2008, 01:35:25 PM »
actaully it is...better and deeper than 2004, better deeper and more athletic than 1990.   

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #138 on: July 07, 2008, 01:43:01 PM »
actaully it is...better and deeper than 2004, better deeper and more athletic than 1990.   

Not according to the recruiting rankings...which are subjective, but at least people that are paid to do them.  Now, if you think it's the best recruiting class in 25 years, well have at it.   

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #139 on: July 07, 2008, 01:51:49 PM »
There you go with incorrect facts again Blackswan / Ahoyahballscout.

This is NOT our best recruiting class in 25 years.   It's a nice class, I'm thrilled for Buzz and MU.  It is NOT the best class in 25 years, it's not even the best class in the last 5 years.  Your hyperbole knows no bounds.

Congrats to Buzz....yes, the hiring process was flawed and if you read back what Nola, myself and many others said....we hope like hell MU got it right.  Maybe they did.  The Summer before his first season is not the timeline to determine that....is it?

Your hatred for Crean is clinical.   Crean Derangement Syndrome. 
Anew acronym for the board:   CDS

feedback