[Today at 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[Today at 07:48:11 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Maymon to announce decision Tuesday, 5/27  (Read 19127 times)

MU Chi_IL

• Team Captain
  • Marquette is Solid Gold!
Re: Maymon to announce decision Tuesday, 5/27
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2008, 02:29:40 PM »
shouldn't Joe Fulce be listed as a SF/PF on that page, rather than SG? Or am I wrong about him?

Pakuni - The great thing about a wiki is that the community updates it.  So instead of being nitpicky, just make the update and we are all better for it.  I place you in charge of making the update.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 03:44:19 PM by MU Chi_IL »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2008, 02:57:08 PM »
Yup, you can be as nitpicky as you want when editing the pages.  ;D

1) Just go to the login** page:
http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php?id=start&do=login

2) Use the MUScoop username & password

3) If you click the "Remember me" box you won't have to login again until your computers cookies get cleared out.

** - The login page used to have these instructions, I must have forgotten to update that last time we upgraded the wiki.  There's another upgrade coming, so I'll add it during that one.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2008, 02:58:19 PM »
On a side note- Does anyone know the correct pronunciation of Maymon's first name?

Is it, Jeh-rone? 

YoungMUFan4

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2008, 03:04:48 PM »
On a side note- Does anyone know the correct pronunciation of Maymon's first name?

Is it, Jeh-rone?

I believe its more like Ja-ron

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2008, 03:07:48 PM »
Yup, you can be as nitpicky as you want when editing the pages.  ;D

1) Just go to the login** page:
http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php?id=start&do=login

2) Use the MUScoop username & password

3) If you click the "Remember me" box you won't have to login again until your computers cookies get cleared out.

** - The login page used to have these instructions, I must have forgotten to update that last time we upgraded the wiki.  There's another upgrade coming, so I'll add it during that one.

Done. Thanks.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2008, 03:10:39 PM »
I believe its more like Ja-ron

Yeah that seems more believable.  I was hoping it would be more like Jaronnie.  That would be cool haha. 

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2008, 03:24:48 PM »
Yeah that seems more believable.  I was hoping it would be more like Jaronnie.  That would be cool haha. 

I don't even know what that means.  ?-(

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2008, 04:08:37 PM »
Gotta say I agree with it being win-win. I'm not the biggest believer in WI athletes, but there is a good class in '09 I have to admit (based on rankings). If we could secure Maymon that would allow us to turn sights solely on Wilson. And if we don't get him, we move on AND he's not in the conference (we think).

I don't know why everyone would be so quick to poo-poo the Providence offer, though. If you're a Prov fan, you could make the same kind of reasoning to think he's coming to your school. One never knows what goes on in the heads of these kids and their parents.

Sincerely,

Coach Hurley

nyg

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2008, 04:15:04 PM »
I can't even imagine the theme of the threads if Maymon picks Providence over MU.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2008, 04:24:46 PM »
I don't even know what that means.  ?-(

Do you know what Lazar means?  It's a name....

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2008, 04:38:50 PM »

I believe that Lazar is the Greek god of rebounding.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2008, 04:53:59 PM »
So...it seems this would be a bigger grab than Jamil Wilson...? 

The Associated Press chose him as Wisconsin's Player of the Year over Wilson, so I mean...sweet!  Hopefully we get at least one of them.  If we got both of them...

Wowzers.

nola03

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2008, 05:23:08 PM »
Imo, he's Marquette's to lose. Was told two weeks ago that if MU made a firm offer, Maymon would snap it up. Plus, he visited MU yesterday and announces a decision will be public the day after? No coincidence. But things change  ;).

This is good and bad. Talent-wise, we may not get a better player in the 2009 class. There are issues off the court that seemed to have been resolved by maturing but the main question is his academic standing. Perhaps he announces the decision early to give him that extra dose of motivation to hit the books harder.

The main negative is that MU takes a spot out of the 09 pool on a player who at best is 50/50 right now in terms of qualifying. Considering the 09 class is the start of a complete overhaul of MU and is the foundation for Buzz' tenure it's a risky move.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2008, 05:24:30 PM »
I can't even imagine the theme of the threads if Maymon picks Providence over MU.

Yeah, that's what  was thinking....it definitely isn't a win-win in that situation.  It's more like a Jerry Smith situation or Reece Gaines.  Pray he's eligible as well, otherwise we would have locked up a spot for no reason.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2008, 05:35:47 PM »
I believe that Lazar is the Greek god of rebounding.

haha, how could I forget that?!

nyg

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2008, 05:42:30 PM »
Get him to commit, praise the staff for the commitment and see what Buzz can do with the other two scholarships. Thats why he was hired and would be a great start. The word goes out to AAU programs that MU signed two top players and the players ask "anyone else want to play with us?"  Especially a point guard and Wilson.  Let the academics thing work itself out.  

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2008, 06:02:28 PM »
I think his parent's involvement means he is going to MU. If they are that involved it is not likely he would go far away from home. Given that Wilson says he is going to annouce on his mom's birthday, which would mean a spring signing I do not think you wait for him. Keep recruiting him and if a commit does not make it academically you have a scholarship available for him. I also think you may be giving Maymon's parents a bad rap. If the teams recruiting him were telling him they were going to design the offense arround him, then his father just might be repeating what his son was told. It came out like a demand or expectation but that was probably over blown. Especially by the negative people on this board.

jce

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2008, 06:36:24 PM »
So...it seems this would be a bigger grab than Jamil Wilson...? 

The Associated Press chose him as Wisconsin's Player of the Year over Wilson, so I mean...sweet! 

The players of the year are almost always chosen from teams that make it to state because most of the voters don't see the players much otherwise.  Wilson is a better prospect, but this is good news.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2008, 06:46:21 PM »
I would be extremely happy about the pick up.  Especially after the news of McNeal.  If Buzz has any wits, he will get the incoming class considerable amount of playing time.  I think McNeal, James, and Matthews are going to be good mentors. 
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

nola03

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2008, 06:58:45 PM »
I think his parent's involvement means he is going to MU. If they are that involved it is not likely he would go far away from home. Given that Wilson says he is going to annouce on his mom's birthday, which would mean a spring signing I do not think you wait for him. Keep recruiting him and if a commit does not make it academically you have a scholarship available for him. I also think you may be giving Maymon's parents a bad rap. If the teams recruiting him were telling him they were going to design the offense arround him, then his father just might be repeating what his son was told. It came out like a demand or expectation but that was probably over blown. Especially by the negative people on this board.

Overblown? Hardly.

The father was quoted as saying his son would not redshirt and would not be coming off the bench. Not much doubt in that sentiment.

jce

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2008, 08:06:44 PM »
BTW, I think it is also a good sign that Maymon goes to the same HS that Wes Mathews went to.  I'm sure he was involved in the visit and his HS coach has had good things to say about Wes' experience at MU.

I'm fairly certain this is going to be good news.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2008, 08:11:51 PM »
BTW, I think it is also a good sign that Maymon goes to the same HS that Wes Mathews went to.  I'm sure he was involved in the visit and his HS coach has had good things to say about Wes' experience at MU.

I'm fairly certain this is going to be good news.

It may help, but the thinking was the same with Keaton Nankivil and Vander Blue both of whom are Madison Memorial guys as well, and they both ended up committing to UW.  Obviously the situation isn't exactly the same since UW isn't involved with Maymon anymore, but I wouldn't put too much stock into the Memorial connection since it hasn't worked in the past.

jce

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2008, 08:58:00 PM »
It may help, but the thinking was the same with Keaton Nankivil and Vander Blue both of whom are Madison Memorial guys as well, and they both ended up committing to UW.  Obviously the situation isn't exactly the same since UW isn't involved with Maymon anymore, but I wouldn't put too much stock into the Memorial connection since it hasn't worked in the past.

But I think the fact that UW isn't involved makes a big difference.  We're not going against a hometown team.  We're going against Baylor and ISU.  BTW, did MU make a run at Blue at all?

bma725

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2008, 09:07:30 PM »
But I think the fact that UW isn't involved makes a big difference.  We're not going against a hometown team.  We're going against Baylor and ISU.  BTW, did MU make a run at Blue at all?

Yes, Buzz extended an offer soon after he got the job, but then Blue picked UW a few days later.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2008, 09:12:04 PM »

Still confused, are you trying to be funny?  Yes, Jeronnie is a name, but why is that funny?  I give up.