[Today at 05:29:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: OT: Team to remember in March.  (Read 3466 times)

spartan3186

• All American
OT: Team to remember in March.
« on: December 20, 2006, 04:11:32 PM »
Remember Drexel in March. If they can get out of a tough Colonial with George Mason, Hofstra and Old Dominion they could make some MAJOR noise. So far this season they've knocked off two BIG EAST teams (#23 Syracuse and Villanova) and A10 team (St Joes) and a talented Vermont team that beat BC by 14 earlier in this season... Just something i noticed

mviale

• All American
Re: OT: Team to remember in March.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 09:38:55 PM »
Drexel is having a good year, but all of those teams are suffering from graduation.  Ivy league power Penn handled Drexel.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

MilTown

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 09:41:30 AM »
I think the big boys (OSU, UNC, Gators, UCLA, LSU, PITT, UNC, UW, etc) will come to play in this year's tourney. I think Duke is way overrated at 6, but they seem to get better every week. Watch out for them this year. If McRoberts plays with some intensity, they will be pretty tough in the tourney. McRoberts may be the player I hate most on Duke since Laettner.

I will probably catch some heat for this, but my tourney sleeper right now is DePaul. I really like their team. They are playing some great ball right now. I think they can make some noise in the BE and the tourney this year.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 10:25:27 AM »
Regarding Depaul, don't forget they have been toughened up by playing the tougher non-con schedule.     ;)
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 10:29:22 AM »
Regarding Depaul, don't forget they have been toughened up by playing the tougher non-con schedule.     ;)

Oh Dear God.  And just when I thought that argument had been put to bed...

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 10:37:57 AM »
Is this horse STILL neighing?!?  Someone get a shotgun.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

MilTown

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 11:09:09 AM »
Yeah, the DePaul thread has to be the longest ever on this site. I don't want to get the discussion starting again, but I think if nothing else, their schedule and wins over some solid opponents will give them confidence going into BE play.

The thing I love about DePaul is their size. They are big and physical on the perimeter and inside. Very athletic too. The team has really bought into Wainwright's system. I can't wait until Feb 14 when MU heads to Rosemont. I think our speed will be a problem for DePaul and we will come out on top.

Classof2016

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 11:13:21 AM »
That would be a good road win

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 11:39:08 AM »
I was going for sarcasm.  Hence the wink.    I, also, do not want any more on that thread.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 11:48:51 AM »
I agree with DePaul as a team to watch. Mejia is totally inconsistent, but when he's good, he's very good. When Diener was still around, Sammy took him to the woodshed. And Chandler is going to be tough for MU to handle. I'd like to see DePaul make some noise in the Big East.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 01:11:51 PM »
Mejia is in that Reece Gaines / Francisco Garcia / Alando Tucker group of players for me.  Seems like he's been at DePaul for a decade or so, and he always causes trouble for us.

I'm nervous about playing DePaul and ND this year, and I would not have said that before the season.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

MilTown

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 02:08:33 PM »
I only caught a few minutes of the ND upset over Bama, so I didn't really get a good feel for the team, but I guess they are playing well. Should be a tough one in South Bend this year.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 04:29:40 PM »
On the Notre Dame subject, one of my good friends is a sports writer and he was talking to some of the midwest beat guys about the ND vs Alabama game, apparently Alabama was stuck at the airport all day because of the snow storm. They didnt get to the arena until 30 minutes before game time, needless to say they had no time to warmup or shoot- around. The Alabama game may be misleading when looking at the ND club

feedback